Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away [Collab with SoNE]

Dear all,

We know (and hope :pir-wink:) that you are all busy with some awesome entries for the last chapter of challenge V. And while we do not want to take your attention away from that, we still have a little something extra to offer. As some of you may know, Eurobricks is the home of several RPGs, and one of them, the Star Wars themed Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka, has proposed a collaboration.

In short, we (and other Eurobricks RPG's) build for the NPC faction in their challenge, and they will offer their builders for some of our challenges in the future. But what is our role in this?

We are building for the Black Sun in this challenge (Operation Eclipse) together with volunteers from other eurobricks RPGs. As such, our builds will compete against the two player factions in SoNE, comparable to if we had someone building for Mardier in a future challenge. A few words about the Black Sun from Nar Eurbrikka staff member LucasLaughing:

Spoiler
On 21/04/2017 at 5:48 AM, LucasLaughing said:

Here's a quick primer on Black Sun.  Links go to Wookieepedia, just in case anyone wants way more info :classic:

Black Sun is a powerful, galaxy-spanning crime syndicate led by the ruthless and cunning Prince Xizor.  To quote Wookieepedia, "[Black Sun] was involved in every known type of illegal activity; its information networks surpassed even the accuracy and scope of Imperial Intelligence. The resources available to Black Sun rivaled those belonging to a large planetary army, including foot soldiers."

Not everyone who works for Black Sun is a villain (although plenty of them are); other are simply mercenaries and soldiers of fortune, looking to make a living on the fringes of the galaxy.  Still others, working for one of Black Sun's many "legitimate" business fronts, aren't aware of who their true bosses are.

Building for Black Sun

Black Sun doesn't have uniforms or a dress code, so builders have a lot of leeway when it comes to choosing their minifigure.  Here's a shot from one of my earlier episode entries showing some of the minifigs I've used for random citizens of the Star Wars universe:

Reveal hidden contents

26135540563_a9a7b986b3_b.jpg

... and here's one of Goatman's builds, again showing a mixture of Star Wars and non-Star Wars figs:

Reveal hidden contents

21452971668_22d8222933_b.jpg

Story Timeline/Background

Our Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka RPG takes place between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, with episodes loosely following events/plot points from the Shadows of the Empire book / game.  Black Sun builders are free to show their characters fighting either Imperial or Rebel forces, or just patrolling / searching for intruders if they don't feel like building a battle scene.

The deadline is the 3rd of June, well after our own challenge V ends.

Each builder can build one build, placed in one of three locations:

1. The Sewers
    1. Imperial and Rebel builders must show their sigfig sneaking through the sewers of Coruscant to infiltrate Xizor's palace
    2. Black Sun builders must show Black Sun gangsters protecting the entrance to the palace
  2. Xizor's Palace
    1. Rebel builders must show their sigfig fighting through the palace to rescue Leia
    2. Imperial builders must show their sigfig fighting through the palace to capture Xizor
    3. Black Sun builders must show Black Sun gangsters fighting off the intruders
  3. Xizor's Skyhook
    1. Builders must show a chaotic space battle as Imperial, Rebel, and Black Sun forces fight around the skyhook

Our builds will be scored similarly to the player builds, and if the Black Sun (us) wins, the player factions will lose territory.

If you are interested, or want more information, go to the Black Sun sign-up thread and state your business.

The Brethren Court would like to encourage you to participate, to spur cross-theme collaboration and to gain the assistance of other themes in some of our future challenges. Therefore, participation will be awarded as follows:

BOBS prizes:

• All participants are awarded the right to license a small property based on a microbuild.
  • Best (BoBS) entry instead gets a large property.
  • 2nd best gets a medium.

These licenses must still be paid for, but only requires microbuilds for activation.

We hope you like this offer - and should you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or over in the Nar Eurbrikka forum.

May the force be with you!

Interesting indeed! I will try to hop in too. But Bregir will you be so kind and post a reminder just after the end of our current Challenge? We need to regroup then :wink:

Wuhuu, this sounds super exciting! I will certainly try to contribute - Great write-up and nice prices! :pir-grin::pir-wink:

9 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Interesting indeed! I will try to hop in too. But Bregir will you be so kind and post a reminder just after the end of our current Challenge? We need to regroup then :wink:

I will put a reminder in my calendar! ;)

Some of the BoBS people will build for the rebellion or empire, do we get the same prices?

24 minutes ago, Puvel said:

Some of the BoBS people will build for the rebellion or empire, do we get the same prices?

As member of Nar Eurbrikka?

I guess that only participating for the Black Sun gets you the BoBS reward (as the goal is to have non NE-members particpating for Black Sun for this one challenge)

1 hour ago, Puvel said:

31 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

As member of Nar Eurbrikka?

I guess that only participating for the Black Sun gets you the BoBS reward (as the goal is to have non NE-members particpating for Black Sun for this one challenge)

I am inclined to agree with Maxim, but will take it up with leadership and get back to you. :)

On 17/05/2017 at 0:03 PM, Puvel said:

We have decided that you get the prize for participation, but unless you build for the black sun, you will not compete for the first and second prize. (As you are competing for other prizes as part of SoNE. :)

Hey everyone - we still have one full week left of the contest, so it's not too late to get a build together!  If anyone is interested, just let me know (or sign up in the Black Sun thread).  Thanks!

I expect to sign up later today :) (And have found out that spaceships is a very different kettle of fish! :P )

Dear all,

If you want to reclaim your BoBS prize for a SoNE build, post a link in this thread and include who you are building for. Remember that empire and rebel players are still eligible for the participation prize. :)

For the Black Sun

Dear sirs:

BoBS participants (Green for Black Sun, Orange for other factions).

On 12/06/2017 at 6:42 PM, LucasLaughing said:

The final scores are: 

Skyhook Commander Beltar 17
Skyhook Cody Startale 17
Sewers LucasLaughing 16
Palace Merc4Hire 8
Palace Bregir 7
Palace Gubi0222 7
Palace Ryn 7
Sewers Professor Thaum 7  
Skyhook Goatman461 7
Skyhook MKJoshA 7
Palace Kodan Black 6
Sewers Mediumsnowman 6
Skyhook VaderFan2187 5
Sewers Tariq J 4
Palace BrickmasterBen11 3
Sewers Brickwolf 3

Brickwolf and MKJoshA both gets the right to license one small property based on a microbuild (all fees apply), being SONE members. Professor Thaum gets the large property, and I get the medium (It being a tie, and me being in leadership).

If I have missed anyone, please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy your prizes and thank you for participating! Hopefully we can find a use for the SoNE builders at some point! :pir-wink: