Sign in to follow this  
danth

[MOC] Star Chaser - Neo Classic Space

Hey all! I'd like to share my most recent MOC. I call it Star Chaser.

AM5EOaJ.jpg

Fhw7gJW.jpg

9A4qQ1P.png

Hope you guys like it!

Very cool! I love the backgrounds and the brick-built positional thrusters. Could we get photos of the underside and cockpit interior too?

48 minutes ago, astroknight said:

Very cool! I love the backgrounds and the brick-built positional thrusters. Could we get photos of the underside and cockpit interior too?

Thanks! The top two backgrounds were found on Google image search, and the last I got from a thread here on Eurobricks.

I'm pretty happy with the positional thrusters too. The middle thruster can change position which is kinda neat.

Here are the pics you asked for: 

Like the new trans yellow canopy.  Too bad it's not available in a cheaper set.  Did you buy the bat cave set to get it or is it already available on bricklink?

Nice design; has a very "classic" feel to it.  Nice to see a moc that utilizes mostly traditional studs-up construction and doesn't go overboard with greebles.  My only suggestion would be to have the bottom built in all gray would be more true to the original CS color scheme.

Thanks for sharing - doug

On 4/24/2017 at 2:24 AM, Axel Repping said:

Awesome design.

Completely in sync with the classic space line

On 4/24/2017 at 5:58 AM, gcanik said:

Great build.

18 hours ago, axaday said:

I like it.

Thanks guys! 

6 hours ago, drclark said:

Like the new trans yellow canopy.  Too bad it's not available in a cheaper set.  Did you buy the bat cave set to get it or is it already available on bricklink?

Nice design; has a very "classic" feel to it.  Nice to see a moc that utilizes mostly traditional studs-up construction and doesn't go overboard with greebles.  My only suggestion would be to have the bottom built in all gray would be more true to the original CS color scheme.

Thanks for sharing - doug

I totally Bricklinked that cockpit as soon as I could. Didn't buy the set.

As for the making the bottom all grey, you're right. I never really thought about that. I always think fuselage/cockpit = blue & wings = gray, but the bottoms were all gray. I never really look at the bottom of sets so out of sight out of mind I guess.

Nice! Very clean compact model. NPU for the thruster. Best part of the model IMO. Thumbs up.

LMF

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

That is a nice looking ship. :classic:

It reminds me a bit of the V-Wing Fighter from Star Wars. 

On 4/25/2017 at 9:48 AM, drclark said:

Well, not in a cheaper one, but TLBM's Ultimate Batmobile has three of those canopies. But at $130, perhaps Bricklinking them would be a better option. At least having them in another set will make the piece more prevalent.

Also, the same canopy comes printed with a black structural frame in TLBM's Batwing set, particularly perfect for usage in Neo-Blacktron 1 creations.

On 5/4/2017 at 0:21 PM, sander1992 said:

That is a nice looking ship. :classic:

It reminds me a bit of the V-Wing Fighter from Star Wars. 

First thing I thought of too. :classic:

Also, forward pointing prong type wings remind me of the early 2000's JL TV show Javelin. Same with the long pointed nose.

Great MOC! I agree with the above statement that it resembles the V wing. If I can offer one suggestion, I think it could use some landing gear, just to round it out.