In reference to the video.......I think the first time I heard of the new gear racks being used as a large turnable (with rounded tiles in the middle) was @shineyu project here:

I was the doubter that this would work because I thought the tiles would crack and then jam the tracks.  There are stories, in the US, of bad batches of the tiles going to PAB stores around the holiday season of 2014 where these rounded tiles would break right down the middle with first application......

But apparently, for all other intents and purposes.... they work just fine.

I have watched the video in the other thread (The PFx thread). It seems to work quite well, and I would probably opt for connecting the LED's directly to the brick, rather than using the additional board shown in the video.

However. Looking at the kickstarter. It seems like they have to make an end sprint to end all end sprints in order to reach the goal. Do you know what their backup plan is if they don't reach the goal?

Wow, This is Awesome. A lot of thought must have been put into this receiver design. What I like about with this one is that I can add those Cool Rumbling Engine Noise on my builds or have those neat retro laser sound effects or just make a simple Alarm Device. I also like the Idea that this does not need a Smart phone to function with it and that it is ready to work out of the box. There is lots of potential with this PFx brick if you plan on incorporating Sounds and Lights with your Creation. There is really no limit what you can do here with it So much possibilities It would most certainly be a big Step in building. Its always Great to see what people can come up with to push the limits with Devices like this. Plus the fact its still in Beta testing so there is always room for improvements to be made so there is no telling what the future can hold for this receiver. To me It sure appears that there is more in the works for the overall use fullness especially if somewhere down the road you plan to use of the Lights system as a Method of Control for Additional Motors systems, Exactly like how the Micro Scout Motor functioned in the Droid Developer Kit. So with that said I can Imagine this PFx Brick would be very useful in building very advance Lego Machination like Droids and other complex Robotics designs if you plan to incorporate additional Method of Control for Additional Motors and Lego Sensors of the sorts. Once capabilities like this are possible there is no telling what devices like this can accomplish.

32344c01.png

Hi,
I was highly interested in this PFx Brick and being curious I installed their App on my tablet but it didn't even start.
So I tried again but now in my S7Edge but it didn't work here too.
So I contacted support and after weeks and mailing again and again weeks I never got any reaction from them.

So I doubt if it is a good idea to but that expensive thing, support is not to expected.

As you can see, this thread is close to 2 years old. So it's quite probable that the project has been abandoned since then.