Sign in to follow this  
BrickMonkeyMOCs

[MOC] Light Strike Vehicle (military)

A couple of weeks ago I found time between other projects to design a couple of small MOCs. This one began with a custom redesign of the 60145 Buggy set, which involved streamlining and lowering the chassis, as well as adding more details such as front suspension struts and more lights. From the moment I first saw the set I thought it was just begging to be militarized, so once I had an upgraded buggy design I was happy with I knew this would be the next step. The military version features a tan or DBG colour scheme, a .50cal MG mounted at the top of the opening cockpit frame, a gunner seated above the engine within an opening protective frame, a spare wheel and radio antenna, and hardpoints on either side of the driver for stowing individual weapons.

33973006752_58e9470bc0.jpg33973006342_a7bc9b64d8.jpg

One of my oldest and most requested designs is the Desert Patrol Vehicle (shown below for comparison), and this new LSV design provides a lighter, faster, and more compact alternative for spec ops insertion and light strike missions. Instructions are available through my website (click link in signature below). Weapons are from BrickArms and balaclava heads are from EclipseGrafx.

33973006072_3f5ca1b6a9.jpg33973005632_14490ffd86.jpg

Nice take on this model! I had this set in my hand and now wish I I picked this up. Great job. I also love your logo!.