I wasn't here for a while (again). Thanks for your honesty. I'm still working on that skidder, but there are some complications in that build, that I have to solve, and proportions are the least of them. Anyway, I have all motorized functions done, but they don't work flowlessly, so I need to adjust them. And next step will be complete rebuild of front section.

In last three weeks I was working on something else. We had local multi-theme and multi-MOC competion. Here are my Technic MOC built for it:

Alternative model of 42035 - Go-Cart

600x400.jpg600x400.jpg600x400.jpg600x400.jpg

Update of 8842 Go-Cart - my main focus was on proportions, including functional motor. Therefore I decided to build it, rather then use actual motor parts.

600x400.jpg600x400.jpg600x400.jpg600x400.jpg

And finaly Mini Claas Xerion. Focus was on shrinking actual model and letting it recognizable.

There are most of function present - 3 modes of steering, positioning of cabin and completely functional crane.

600x800.jpg600x400.jpg600x400.jpg600x400.jpg600x400.jpg600x400.jpg

I also have an intention to make instructions for all those three small models.

Yes, it's directional gearbox for steering. In neutral position it blocks steering arms of rear wheels. Unfortunately this clutch gear has too much play because of those inner "spokes". There should be at least twice as many of them to make this system more responsive. I'm not fan of modified parts, but in this case maybe I sould make exception and add some spokes to those clutch gears.

That C-model is really good, espacially that steering wheel.

Also that big motor is interesting, how You made piston, but it seems too big.

Of course, xerion is just fantastic for that scale.

It took little more time, but anyway, I've added instructions of both of my GoCart models on rebrickable.

Now I'm going to enjoy working on my RC buggy, so hopefully I'll make some progress on it(and share it here) in next couple of weeks.

There is some progress on my RC buggy, it's not finnished yet, but I've made improvements on biggest performance issues.

First of all I've shortened wheelbase(one stud in hinge of rear arms plus steeper angle of them).

I've completely rebuilt rear arms. They are now stiffer and hinged by small turntables from inner side plus pin from outside, independently from driving axles. Now there is lot less friction in drive. When motors are unconnected, buggy rolls rather freely, when you push it forward. Before those changes it stopped almost immidiately.

600x800.jpg640x426.jpg

I also made some changes in front axle. I canceled front wheels drive, mainly because of poor steering angle. Now it's way better. I also adjusted position of suspension springs and their connection to body and arms. They had tendencies to bend, actual solution is better, although it's still not perfect.

640x426.jpg640x426.jpg640x426.jpg

There are still lot of work to do, most of all I need to find proper position of battery box(and necessity of rebuilding frame little bit). Other than that is just to put somewhere M-motor for steering, finalize roof and make some final additions(steering wheel, seat, maybe driver :)) And finally I'll have to find som ways to lower weight.

640x426.jpg

Looks good, nice progress! I tried this solution long time ago too, but I gave it up, because of another idea. Good luck for You!

Edited by agrof

10 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

Don't you think the back sits a bit to high? Maybe you could try moving the shocks a bit farther up the body?

This is how it looks from the side, without  and with BB. Maybe I'll try to put rear shocks one stud higher on the body later, but now I'm ok with how it is.

400x250.jpg400x250.jpg

Just now, agrof said:

Looks good, nice progress! I tried this solution long time ago too, but I gave it up, because of another idea. Good luck for You!

Thanks:classic:  As I've said before, your Class 1 buggy was one of my inspiration to build something with two L-motors. I'm really happy, that my theories, how to improve it's capebilities work well. There was some points of struggle to build it, as I wanted, but most of them I solved somehow, so I'm optimistic now to finnish it in short time.

For me also back looks to high ans so also those rear swingrams too long. But it's just my opinion, but I like overall body shaping.

About these tires

After last year's mini dark ages with some small trips in different LEGO themes I've built something new from technic. Now it's alternative model from 42077 really car - hotrod.

I've used both front and rear axles from A-model, as well as fake engine and seats with some small adjustments.

It has obvious functions - independent suspension, rear wheels drive, fake engine, HOG steering and openable doors.

640x422.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg640x441.jpg640x425.jpg640x425.jpg