Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

[MOC] Eadu Turbo Laser

Hello Eurobrickers.

After watching Rogue One again I thought of making the Turbo Laser tower, seen in the Battle of Eadu. It is certainly a different design to the usual towers, like we have seen on the Death Star, etc. Anyway what really appealed to me was the fire control station located under the turret and how it would make a nice place to put my Death Star Gunners. I couldn't find many images online of this, except some concept art. So mostly it was done by pausing the Blu-Ray and working from screenshots.  

The top part removes from the base so you can access the fire control room too. Now I'm wondering whether to build more of the Imperial Base to go with it??

34179406695_695dcc4a77_c.jpgEadu turbo laser from Rogue one. by Michael, on Flickr

34139065266_6be326c960_c.jpgEadu turbo laser from Rogue one. by Michael, on Flickr

34139060396_f961aee619_c.jpgEadu turbo laser from Rogue one. by Michael, on Flickr

34179402155_0c170cb8cc_c.jpgEadu turbo laser from Rogue one. by Michael, on Flickr

34139060206_9a4a968f3c_c.jpgEadu turbo laser from Rogue one. by Michael, on Flickr

Awesome, I like the touches of greebling and the ladder looks great! I feel like you could make the interior more interesting by adding some more detail.

Fantastic. It really gives you a perspective on the sheer size of those things. The only thing irritating me is the cone muzzle, but I have no idea how to substitute that...maybe with technic parts or even some stacked tires?

18 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Awesome, I like the touches of greebling and the ladder looks great! I feel like you could make the interior more interesting by adding some more detail.

Thanks. I will complete the details on the interior shorlty. Just contemplating adding some lights first. 

4 hours ago, Moff Muffins said:

Fantastic. It really gives you a perspective on the sheer size of those things. The only thing irritating me is the cone muzzle, but I have no idea how to substitute that...maybe with technic parts or even some stacked tires?

I agree the muzzle is not the best and I am reworking it now actually.

On 4/22/2017 at 9:47 AM, michaelozzie said:

Is this better for the muzzle?

I actually like the first one better.

This looks great! I like the shape and detail you've managed to achieve.

Very nice turret. I'm a big fan myself of that kind of MOC. Your ladder and subtle greebling is neat.

Regarding the muzzle, maybe try adding 4 2x1 round bricks ?

good one, you should definitely expand it to a base if you can :)

Glorious. Was wondering who would be the first to attempt Eadu!! I was thinking about thinking about doing one and got caught up on what the ground color should be. All the scenes on Eadu take place at night and in the rain - there's certainly a blue hue on everything but I thought blue ground might look weird? 

Anyway, well done on the build!

On 4/22/2017 at 6:47 PM, michaelozzie said:

Is this better for the muzzle?

No, not really. How about leaving the tire off the barrel, and putting it at the end of the cone somehow, so it becomes the muzzle? That might work.

17 hours ago, darththeling said:

Glorious. Was wondering who would be the first to attempt Eadu!! I was thinking about thinking about doing one and got caught up on what the ground color should be. All the scenes on Eadu take place at night and in the rain - there's certainly a blue hue on everything but I thought blue ground might look weird? 

Anyway, well done on the build!

I don't know if the blue isn't just the night and the lighting. Standard blue would definitely look off. Maybe DBG with some dark blue and sand blue accents.