legofanbubba

Cars 3 - 2017 Set Discussion

I've reviewed 4/8 sets. While taking pictures is harder than it used to be, if anyone has any picture requests for the seven sets that are out, let me know and I'll see what I can do. :classic:

Reckon you could use these for minifigures if you removed the roof pieces, or are there simply not enough studs for a windshield and minifigure both?

On 4/26/2017 at 5:34 PM, K_Tiger said:

Reckon you could use these for minifigures if you removed the roof pieces, or are there simply not enough studs for a windshield and minifigure both?

Nah, it's a solid build inside, so no figures can fit.

Also, next batch of reviews:

I screen shotted it and I'll put it here: 

Last Cars 3 Set

It doesn't have a water mark so I'm pretty sure its okay. If I need to remove I will. 

These look great! Definitely need Lightning, Mater, and Luigi sets. On the fence for Willys Speed Training. Are the decals for these sets printed on the bricks or stickers?

That's awesome! It's cool to see it'll be a remake of the original set but modified to reflect the changes. 

Awesome! Have to get them all, both for collecting and nice printed parts! :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Monkey Joe said:

These look great! Definitely need Lightning, Mater, and Luigi sets. On the fence for Willys Speed Training. Are the decals for these sets printed on the bricks or stickers?

Everything in these sets are printed, it's the standard for the Juniors line because I guess Lego thinks it's difficult for kids to apply stickers. Also, Willy's Speed Training is my favorite so far, it's nice to get Sheriff and all the prints are very nice so I would recommend it.

On 01.05.2017 at 11:01 AM, Ashnflash said:

I screen shotted it and I'll put it here: 

Last Cars 3 Set

It doesn't have a water mark so I'm pretty sure its okay. If I need to remove I will. 

This set will release in August 2017; this is the retail-exclusive set.

On 5-5-2017 at 3:38 AM, kungfulegolover said:

And apparently it is not released by TLG to share / view for the public yet.

On 5-5-2017 at 3:38 AM, kungfulegolover said:

Hi. Please don't quote images, unless you really need to emphasize something. Thanks.

On 5/5/2017 at 9:38 AM, kungfulegolover said:

Awesome awesome! Another spoilery set! McQueen being blue! :wub:

On May 4, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Goonmo said:

Everything in these sets are printed, it's the standard for the Juniors line because I guess Lego thinks it's difficult for kids to apply stickers. Also, Willy's Speed Training is my favorite so far, it's nice to get Sheriff and all the prints are very nice so I would recommend it.

Great news, thanks! I have enough trouble putting the stickers on myself :wacko::laugh:. I wish pieces were always printed.

On 11/05/2017 at 6:34 PM, Lego-fire said:

In England? ^

Ye they are out at almost everywhere in England now

I just got the 'Willy's Butte Speed Training' set, from tesco(UK) they had at the top hidden away, I dont think it was meant to be on sale yet, but anyway I decided to take to checkout and try it, but it wouldnt scan, so the woman there went to go and price check it, I didnt think i was going to get it, but the woman came back with it an old ninjago set that was on sale for £14 , scanned that and gave me the cars set, the set is usually £17 so i got it for nearly 20% of before it even was supposed to be out, its a shame they didnt have anymore!

I just got the 'Willy's Butte Speed Training' set, from tesco(UK) they had at the top hidden away, I dont think it was meant to be on sale yet, but anyway I decided to take to checkout and try it, but it wouldnt scan, so the woman there went to go and price check it, I didnt think i was going to get it, but the woman came back with it an old ninjago set that was on sale for £14 , scanned that and gave me the cars set, the set is usually £17 so i got it for nearly 20% of before it even was supposed to be out, its a shame they didnt have anymore!

I know the cars theme has been out for a while and there is still one more to be realeased but I wonder if they are going to stretch out this theme into 2018 and give us more cars 3 or cars sets in general (and maybe even build off of these sets success and release more sets in the junior line tied into Pixar movies) or are these sets just made for the movie and after the August set are they done for good with Cars sets

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I know the cars theme has been out for a while and there is still one more to be realeased but I wonder if they are going to stretch out this theme into 2018 and give us more cars 3 or cars sets in general (and maybe even build off of these sets success and release more sets in the junior line tied into Pixar movies) or are these sets just made for the movie and after the August set are they done for good with Cars sets

I don't have any inside information, but I would bet that this is a one-and-done theme. I've seen heavy discounts on Cars 3 toys—including the Lego sets—ever since the movie opened, and it didn't do great at the box office (by Disney/Pixar standards). Looking forward to that last set though!