legofanbubba

Cars 3 - 2017 Set Discussion

I really like this set. I like that they use the original car builds in this. I hope we see official pictures soon. Is the third normal car supposed to be Jackson storm? 

I found these online this morning:

The only one that seams to be missing is 10745 Lightning McQueen's Team Race.

My favorite has to be the Lightning McQueen Speed Launcher.

Edited by PickleManDan
Spelling

They look nice. I like the fact that they kept them in style similar to original sets.

On Fri Jan 13 2017 at 6:51 AM, just2good said:

Yes, there will be. They will be released under the Duplo and LEGO Juniors lines.

@just2goodWill there really be Duplo sets? Planning to get those for my 2 year old nephew if ever. Thank you

Just now, deemen said:

@just2goodWill there really be Duplo sets? Planning to get those for my 2 year old nephew if ever. Thank you

Yes, three. :classic:

56 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Interesting to see that they're all Juniors sets. Also, Mater has a smartphone now?!

Well, considering original 2011 sets were very simple builds, it makes sense for new wave to be Juniors sets. 

Lucky. Now I wanna go to Mexico. :laugh:

Do the instructions show anything of the Mack the Truck set?

Hello Just2good. Big fan. No, the only sets shown in the instructions are the 4 small sets and the 3 mid sized. No picture of the Mack set.

2 hours ago, geobrush said:

Hello Just2good. Big fan. No, the only sets shown in the instructions are the 4 small sets and the 3 mid sized. No picture of the Mack set.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

My local Target had seven of the eight sets (the one missing was the retail exclusive one with Mack), picked up Lightning McQueen and Mater sets.

FYI everyone, as Lego sets for Cars 3 has in fact become a reality, I've renamed this once speculation thread into a full set discussion thread, and have added the appropriate set images and information to the first post.

Thanks! :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

FYI everyone, as Lego sets for Cars 3 has in fact become a reality, I've renamed this once speculation thread into a full set discussion thread, and have added the appropriate set images and information to the first post.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Thanks Cap'n.

I'm liking the look of these sets but they seem to be a little on the pricey side, even with the large moulds considered. Haven't collected many Juniors sets so is this a recurring theme for this line- and by theme I mean overpricing sets??

1 hour ago, LegoShroom said:

Thanks Cap'n.

I'm liking the look of these sets but they seem to be a little on the pricey side, even with the large moulds considered. Haven't collected many Juniors sets so is this a recurring theme for this line- and by theme I mean overpricing sets??

Many of the sets are $10 a pop.