27707745591_445ff71a7f_z.jpg

Thought the EB Technic community might appreciate this remake of the 2001 Bionicle set I built for a contest on another forum. It features the same RC tracked drive and swiping claws as the original (this time powered by Power Functions elements, rather than a giant RC brick) plus light-up eyes via PF lights.

https://youtu.be/Q76HBzIxZ0E

27694475122_11e0ae4d3f_z.jpg

27760627746_60794a1231_z.jpg

(Apologies if this belongs in the Action Figures subforum - I thought it was probably a better fit for the Technic forum?) 

Edited by heyitsdisty

I simply love the Manas set and your version looks awesome! Plenty of details, great color-scheme, spot-on eyes and nice choice of parts.

Speaking of which, can you please tell me the part number of that big dark bluish grey Bionicle-like panel on it's arms? I could use some for my builds :)

Love every bit of it, great rewamp! :thumbup::wub:

I didn't knew Manas before, very interesting... lets see if there are cheap motor units around. Does anyone know, if the Manas motor can be controlled by current PF IR controller?

1 hour ago, agrof said:

... Does anyone know, if the Manas motor can be controlled by current PF IR controller?

Not sure. The set came with two motor boxes and two remotes. I could try tonight if I remember where I stored them :)

Very cool replication of the original, the front looks really good but the back I think needs to be covered up by some plates.

That is pretty freaky with the red eyes.  Lego's version pales in comparison.  Kudos!

Thanks everyone for the positive reviews!

On 4/21/2017 at 2:05 PM, braker23 said:

I simply love the Manas set and your version looks awesome! Plenty of details, great color-scheme, spot-on eyes and nice choice of parts.

Speaking of which, can you please tell me the part number of that big dark bluish grey Bionicle-like panel on it's arms? I could use some for my builds :)

On 4/21/2017 at 2:13 PM, DrJB said:

I think it's this one ... 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=60917#T=C

60917.jpg?0

Also, to the OP: Well done. Would be nice to display side-by-side the original vs. your MOC (if you have them).

DrJB got it in one - it's an arm piece from Bionicle figures (specifically Pohatu Phantoka). Hope it comes in useful Braker! :)

On 4/21/2017 at 7:14 PM, agrof said:

Love every bit of it, great rewamp! :thumbup::wub:

I didn't knew Manas before, very interesting... lets see if there are cheap motor units around. Does anyone know, if the Manas motor can be controlled by current PF IR controller?

I do have the original Manas torso bricks, but I'm not sure if they're still in a working condition. I'll see if I can dig out some extra batteries and do some testing for you.

By the way, does anyone know if the Spybotics remotes work with Power Functions? I used to have them but they seem to have gone missing.

22 hours ago, JJ2 said:

Very cool replication of the original, the front looks really good but the back I think needs to be covered up by some plates.

Yeah, the back is pretty ugly. I've mainly posted it here to give a little insight into where the motors/battery box/gears are. I'm thinking of building an upgraded version of this someday, and if I do the back is the first thing I'll be fixing. ;)