Sign in to follow this  
Lasse D

[GBC] Easter Bunny GBC Module

It is with a little delay that I can present our Easter GBC module.

This GBC module is an evolution from this old small ring module:

woody1_2.jpg

(Brickshelf gallery of the old module here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=569534 )

The module is quite simple. The wheel spins. The anti-jamming mechanism kicks in when needed and there are two inboxes to help place it optimally in a layout.

3clear_sides.jpg

There is a compartment in the base to store fragile objects during transport and the XL motor can easily be replaced:

4full_side3.jpg

You can also use an M or L motor instead, should you not have an XL motor.

The flowers are tulips:

2tulips.jpg

A daisy:

2daisy.jpg

And a daffodil:

2daffodil.jpg

The design started with the head of the bunny, where I tried to make it both compact and cute:

2bunny_head.jpg

Brickshelf gallery with more pictures (once public): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=569534

A very refreshing GBC module! I really like the bunny and the flowers :classic:

I'm a bit concerned by the speed of the ring compared to the speed of the bunny.

On 21/4/2017 at 10:29 AM, Bob De Quatre said:

A very refreshing GBC module! I really like the bunny and the flowers :classic:

I'm a bit concerned by the speed of the ring compared to the speed of the bunny.

Thanks everyone.

Would you like the bunny to run a bit faster compared to the wheel Bob? Because I have the same feeling. I have geared it so that it didn't go too fast on high speed, but seeing that it will run on speed 1 for most of its life, I'm considering swapping the red cogs between the wheel and the bunny.

"Great" great ball machine!! A gbc is on my bucket list. Hmm what about a gbc contest......

9 hours ago, Lasse D said:

Would you like the bunny to run a bit faster compared to the wheel Bob? Because I have the same feeling. I have geared it so that it didn't go too fast on high speed, but seeing that it will run on speed 1 for most of its life, I'm considering swapping the red cogs between the wheel and the bunny.

What bothers me is the difference in speed between the bunny and the wheel. Maybe speeding up a bit the bunny and slowing a bit the wheel would be a good solution.

I have updated it so that the speed is a bit faster. It now looks much better when running at speed 1: