LucasLaughing

Episode XV: Operation Eclipse

I've designed my moc on LDD, and I've gathered all the parts on Bricklink(my first bricklink order). However, it seems like I can only fully purchase the parts individually. Is there another, easier way to purchase?

On 21/05/2017 at 1:01 AM, Evolved Turtle said:

I've designed my moc on LDD, and I've gathered all the parts on Bricklink(my first bricklink order). However, it seems like I can only fully purchase the parts individually. Is there another, easier way to purchase?

no, Bricklink is most accurate lego supply helper.. to gather all parts of your MOC you have to pass several bricklink order cause the part are not alltogether at the same place...

Be sure you're aware of the shipping cost (the atlantic crossing is outrageously expensive ) and negate all bricklink bonus... worth only for extremly rare parts.

the deadline is for tomorrow and only two builts ????

Edited by Professor Thaum

20 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

the deadline is for tomorrow and only two builts ????

Welcome to SoNE where we all procrastinate :tongue:

I do need to get that build posted. :look:

Aaand, the black sun squeezes in amother entry (hopefully in time):

Thanks for letting us join up - was fun to try something new!

7 hours ago, Bregir said:

Aaand, the black sun squeezes in amother entry (hopefully in time):

Thanks for letting us join up - was fun to try something new!

Bregir - it was great to have you join us for our first EB RPG collaboration!  No worries about the entry time - there are a few islands in the Pacific in the UTC-12 timezone, so you had several hours to spare :classic:

I hope in the future we can have more RPG collabs. I would like to try building for Historica but don't have the time :laugh:

I believe we have 7 palace builds, 6 sewer builds, and 7 skyhook builds.

Edited by VaderFan2187

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I hope in the future we can have more RPG collabs. I would like to try building for Historica but don't have the time :laugh:

Completely agree on this one. I have a lot of medieval stuff, but after Nar Eurbrikka I didn't want to join Historica because I knew I couldn't handle two Lego building RPGs at once.

A collab challenge once in a while would be fantastic and I would definitely want to participate. Also, should that happen, there should be like a global announcement thread throughout the entire board. As I don't play it, I rarely visit the Historica forums nowadays and I also rarely get to see the front page of Eurobricks since I have directly bookmarked the forum index on all my devices.

34430631973_c11e5bd46c_t.jpg Two minutes have elapsed my Lord – his fleet is being obliterated, but still Prince Xizor remains silent...!

av-vader.png Carry out my orders, Commander. Destroy the skyhook.

35109330721_ea68d3ebf0_b.jpg

Thanks to @Cody Startale for letting me use / edit his Skyhook picture for this shot!

It was a fierce battle, with Black Sun fighting for their very survival, but in the end they could not withstand the combined forces of the Rebellion and the Empire.

The Imperial forces dominated the scene, winning the Location Point bonus in all three sectors (Skyhook was very close, with Commander Beltar's 16.7 narrowly beating Cody Startale's 16.5).

Sector   Empire   Rebellion   Black Sun
  Sewers   6 (3 + bonus 3)   0   2
  Palace   6 (3 +bonus 3)   2   1
  Skyhook   5 (2 +bonus 3)   2   1

All builds earned a score between 1 and 10; the top 3 builds moved on to the second stage where they earned up to 10 more points.

The final scores are: 

Skyhook Commander Beltar 17
Skyhook Cody Startale 17
Sewers LucasLaughing 16
Palace Merc4Hire 8
Palace Bregir 7
Palace Gubi0222 7
Palace Ryn 7
Sewers Professor Thaum 7
Skyhook Goatman461 7
Skyhook MKJoshA 7
Palace Kodan Black 6
Sewers Mediumsnowman 6
Skyhook VaderFan2187 5
Sewers Tariq J 4
Palace BrickmasterBen11 3
Sewers Brickwolf 3

The Imperial and Rebel teams will share control of Coruscant (for freebuilds), and each team may choose one unclaimed planet to be seized from Black Sun's control.

Special thanks for @Bregir for helping to coordinate our first cross-RPG collaboration, and big thanks to @Professor Thaum and @mediumsnowman for joining us for this episode.  We hope to continue to expand and grow this collaboration moving forward, so you may be called to sail with the Brethren of the Brick Seas at some point in the future.  When that happens, we'll post an announcement on the SoNE forum.

Black Sun has been defeated, but a final showdown between the Rebellion and the Empire still looms on the horizon.  While you're waiting for the next SoNE episode, you should head over to Watto's Junkyard to check out the Thrawn Contest.  The deadline is June 17th, and there are some awesome LEGO prizes up for grabs!

Edited by LucasLaughing

Wow! I am delighted to see that my build scored this high, I really didn't expect that. Thanks to the team and every player who participated, this episode was a pure blast. And special thanks to those who joined from another subforum, it was so great to see you participate as guests!

I think this was my favorite episode so far, it was so much fun. And congratulations to the Empire, your victory was well deserved! Fantastic entries all around in your faction!

Edited by Cody Startale

This was a fun episode. And I would definitely like to see the cross-contest thing continue. I'd be happy to dip my toes into BoBS occasionally without having to really get up to speed on all the rules and such, would make for a nice change of pace.

Definitely a fun episode with lots of great entries. Congrats to Commander Beltar and Cody Startale! 

Would also like to see more cross-contests, here and in other RPGs.

Great work fellas! Everyone did a wonderful job on their entries. The episode was so much fun to build and write for!

*huh* Wow, I really didn't expect to score that high, let alone be the top. (Never happened, so this is a first!) And we won! Thank you so much for hosting this episode! It was awesome to build for the Skyhook. Congrats to Cody Startale too for top score on the Rebels side of things! I think it's about time to switch out my SoNE tag too, may I please have the new one? I'd like to also say more collabs in the future would be wonderful, I actually planned on building for BotBS, however considering how the last RPG I tried to join ended... (Kinda gave up halfway through... I do plan to have a more mini story for AG 2 to wrap up Beltar's story.) I decided against it. Also thanks to those who participated for the Black Sun! Can't wait for the next episode

~Beltar

(Also out of curiosity, is the Officer in that post Beltar, Vaderfan, or some other completely different officer? Perhaps the face I use is a little too generic) :tongue:

On 6/15/2017 at 10:50 AM, Commander Beltar said:

(Also out of curiosity, is the Officer in that post Beltar, Vaderfan, or some other completely different officer? Perhaps the face I use is a little too generic) :tongue:

I actually just used a picture from brickipedia, so I guess we could ret-con it to be either you, Vaderfan or a nameless thankless officer of the fleet :classic:

On 19/06/2017 at 1:57 PM, LucasLaughing said:

I actually just used a picture from brickipedia, so I guess we could ret-con it to be either you, Vaderfan or a nameless thankless officer of the fleet :classic:

Haha, well I'm not an officer :wink: 

I guess the heads @Commander Beltar and I use are a bit generic... :grin:

On 12.6.2017 at 6:42 PM, LucasLaughing said:

The Imperial and Rebel teams will share control of Coruscant (for freebuilds), and each team may choose one unclaimed planet to be seized from Black Sun's control.

As there were no objections to it in the comm channel, the Rebellion would like to claim the planet of Wobani, please.

2 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

As there were no objections to it in the comm channel, the Rebellion would like to claim the planet of Wobani, please.

WHAT?!?! That's Imperial Territory (in the movies) you rebel scum :tongue:

That's why we want it :excited: Also, it is a great place to incorporate Prequel Trilogy content, due to it using Clone Wars-era equipment.
If liberating Wobani from the Empire's grip is as easy as freeing Jyn Erso from her transport, you don't deserve the planet anyway. :shrug_oh_well: