First of all, apologies for the quality of the photos below, but this is what I've been working on for the past 5 months. I'm also not sure this is the right forum to post it in (I'm sure it'll get moved if it isn't), but it's the closest I could find.

Almost as soon as the Big Ben set was released, I knew that the full Palace of Westminster needed to be done to the same scale. So I decided to do it. As it's now finished, I wanted to show it off. It will be on public display for the first time at Bricktastic in Manchester, UK, on Sat 1 - Sun 2 July.

It took me a total of 234 hours to build (yes, I kept track), and about 20-30 hours beforehand to plan it out.

In total, it uses approximately 50,000 pieces. I opened a total of 10 Big Ben sets to build it (not including the set used for the Big Ben part of it), and I also placed 70 Bricklink orders to get extra pieces - over 11,000 extra pieces! That's in addition to using an estimated 6000 pieces from my own collection. I did have a lot of spare pieces left over from the Big Ben sets though.

The model itself splits into 6 main sections for transport, and you'll probably be able to spot the joins if you look closely, as my kitchen floor is not very level. It measures 177.6cm (70in) wide, by 100cm (39in) deep, by 70cm (27.5in) high.

More photos are available on my Flickr. If you want to see it 'in the brick', as it were, it will be at Bricktastic in Manchester, UK, on Sat 1 - Sun 2 July. As the show is organised by the charity Fairy Bricks, all proceeds from the show will go to them. I'd also like to say a big thank you to Kev from Fairy Bricks for his encouragement and support during the planning and building of this project. :thumbup:

If you have any questions I haven't covered above, just ask. :classic:

33761462320_7c04ccc115_b.jpg

33989091572_e8e4236064_b.jpg

33761644540_14087eced4_b.jpg

33303822904_ba7451da55_b.jpg

33989109702_63a48d628a_b.jpg

33303806924_2273d0de93_b.jpg

2 hours ago, efferman said:

Cool build, and what are the functions?

What do you mean, 'functions'? It's not a playset...

I might post it in there instead. It confuses things somewhat with this being the 'scale models' sub-forum...

Technic and Model team is more vehicle, train, plane, ship related. But yours is a scale model as well. It looks wonderful!

Brilliant, epic :wub:

This is the kind of things I would love to see coming in this forum. I know the discussion is not completely settled on what belongs here and what not, but I would love to see these kind of architectural scalemodels in this forum

This is stunning and absolute a masterpiece.:wub:

In mine opinion it's belong here at the scale modeling forum and is a true scaled build, but don't know how the moderators thinking about that ?! 

On 21-4-2017 at 5:55 AM, efferman said:

And this is a Technic Subtheme. Dont understand me wrong but wouldnt it fit better in

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/92-special-lego-themes/ ?

This is a Scale Modeling forum, so this definitely belongs here. That SMF is a subforum of Technic, doesn't mean the Scale Models need to be Technic.

On 21-4-2017 at 7:24 AM, Paperballpark said:

I might post it in there instead. It confuses things somewhat with this being the 'scale models' sub-forum...

Here is the right place!! Thanks for posting it, it's incredible.

On 22-4-2017 at 5:57 PM, Edwin Korstanje said:

In mine opinion it's belong here at the scale modeling forum and is a true scaled build, but don't know how the moderators thinking about that ?! 

Definitely!

OMG! It's amazing!

Maybe, when more beautiful works like this are posted here, it makes this subforum turns into a forum itself.

Edited by evortigosa

8 minutes ago, evortigosa said:

Maybe, when more beautiful works like this are posted here, it makes this subforum turns into a forum itself.

That is only a matter of time! :sweet:

Epic build. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I guess this was going to happen at some time.

I was even thinking about doing this myself. 

But you have beat me to it in a glorious way.

Already loved the "less quality" images and I was astonished... And then you came with the pro pics...wow!!! It is an excellent build and I love it very much!