Milan

[TC11] Technic Contest Battle Bots - Voting Topic

Good luck to everyone that participated.  I found it to be very difficult to choose only 6, but here are my choices:

3: 10

23: 6

13: 4

16: 3

27: 2

20: 1

Really awesome entires, good luck everyone.

Here are my vote:

22: 10

9: 6

18: 4

1: 3

15: 2

4: 1

Although looks, creativity, and originality are fun, I had to go with the judging criteria of durability, weaponry, and overall likeliness to win a battle.  Some builds were mechanically wonderful and sophisticated, but in real-life application would not have held up in a battle.  Many builds had great ideas behind them in the weapons department, and in theory, if built with different materials, could have really done well in a battle.  But weapons with no real weight behind them, took to long to reset, or that spun fast but were flimsy, IMO just lacked the function to really do anything in a real fight.  

Thanks everyone who entered......entertaining contest and I wish everyone good luck!

20: 10

3:    6

25:  4

22:  3

14:  2

30:  1

It was very difficult to choose 6 out of all these great entries.
Good luck everyone!

9   : 10
15 : 6
20 : 4
22 : 3
32 : 2
16 : 1

15 : 10

23 : 6

21 : 4

14 : 3

25 : 2

1 : 1

Good luck to everyone !

Great contest! :classic: It was very hard to find the top 6... 

4: 6
3: 4
23: 3
9: 2
29: 1

Dave

3:10

7:6

12:4

18:3

23:2

15:1

voted them after seeing the functions and the chance of winning a battle

Edited by Matty04

It was a tough decision but I have my final list. First of all I would like to say the scoring system is very unfortunate, since the first three I picked should be much closer than the scores would suggest. For those first three I looked for power of the weapon combined with survivability in the arena, the two things I things are the most important in the arena and ultimately this competition is to determine which bot would win there. For the final three I looked more at build quality, design, ingenuity, technical complexity and their potential when the limitations of Lego would have been left out of the equation. The score:

18: 10
15: 6
9: 4

22: 3
5: 2
29: 1

Good luck to all the contestants! There are many bots that were close to my top 6, but unfortunately I had to make a choice.

Amazing entries, hard to make a selection. But here a my favorites:

4: 10
13: 6
7: 4
18: 3
1: 2
10: 1

7 : 10

24 : 6

3 : 4

14:3

20 : 2

26 : 1

You are all winners in my book :thumbup:

Edited by Zero (Zblj)

due to building lego combat robots i decided to vote by taste! and i think  i found some of the best overall, also a mention to blackout for good srimech and look to thumper for look and to la grange 3001 for unique design! good luck to everyone

9:10

15:6

21:4

30:3

18:2

7:1

10 to bison due to packing 4 functions in a invertible chassis with only 2 motors 6 to maximum impact due to the effective internal compactness and chassis strength of the best of "big bots" 4 to the blacksmith for compactness and strength, one of the most difficult bot to defeat! PS have to admit that i would've placed my bot 2nd in this scoreboard but i think the lack of a proper srimech from other good bot can make it able to take the lead (in my mind)

Edited by PKW

It was hard to select some entries out of my favorites list. This is what I could make of it!
Thanks for this great contest. I've really enjoyed it!

15:10
20:6
7:4
23:3
13:2
3:1

I simply judged by what had the most impact on me :wink:.

29: 6
9: 4
10: 3
23: 2
18: 1

Great contest and my compliments to all contestants!

I have solely based my votes on the bots I believe would win in real battle conditions against each other.  I did not penalize any bots for their use of ANY lego parts or the manner they were constructed.  I also did not judge for poor pictures or videos.  I judged mainly on destructive power, pushing power / arena control and vulnerabilities.  Vulnerabilities included but not limited to: being flipped over, durability, protection of electronics and driving etc.  I had chosen 9 bots which I believed were the best candidates, and choose six from that list.  Of course driver control is a big factor which I tried to take into account as well.

There were many cool designs so everyone should be proud.

20: 10
9: 6
1: 4
18: 3
15: 2
7: 1