Sunder

[MOC] Colax mining colony

Where am I from? Colax. Ordinary mining colony. There are dozens of them. Not a perfect place, but it could be worse. Atmosphere is inert, put pressure is normal. So oxygen mask is your best friend there. It’s quite cool place: 10-15C at day, just above zero at night. Rocks, sand and dust everywhere. And iron ore. Goode one. It’s only reason for colony to exist. Ore is quite unique; it’s very reach and doesn’t need much refining. The whole subsector gets iron from here. Plus a bit of extra rare metals. Colax isn’t old colony, everything works perfect. Most of industrial processes are automated. So there are not many workers. It will change in future when machines will start to break. More workers to support equipment, more equipment to support life of workers. You understand. But now it’s fine. Mines are in good condition, metal factory too. Sometimes some issues happen in spaceport, but it is normal. Usually it’s quite there, only a few shuttles arrive per week. But when a large cargo ship appears on orbit, it’s total mess. Such ships can’t land due to their size, so small orbital shuttles are used. Lots of them. But number of landing pads is limited. Spaceport works non-stop for several days to process cargo. And if only somebody mixes up container…

33308825663_775ab12885_b.jpg

34120259355_a15882b643_b.jpg

34120250485_fec1d3df37_b.jpg

33308823353_6d1ef875b7_b.jpg

33308824943_ee696b603a_b.jpg

34120254145_cfd1e647aa_b.jpg

34120241995_87899be865_b.jpg

33308822743_ca04825d98_b.jpg

33308824453_b906a937a6_b.jpg

Colax mining colony by Sunder_59, on Flickr

So many great buildings all around... a masterpiece minibuild... Sweet photography too

Really excellent design, all the smallest details are great.  I wish those parts really came in some of the colors you used.

There is so much to take in. This is a fantastic build. Does the base break down for taking to shows? 

This is brilliant!! So many cool and interesting designs from buildings to spaceships - I could look at it all day!! 

Fantastic stuff!!

This is awesome! I love the twisted building and all the details and small cars and... ...everything! 

Well done!

Great build Sunder. I always like a good microscale build. Have you considered joining AG2? Kawashita could use a builder like you :grin: