Captain Genaro

(GBW- CP1) Filace - Rumble in the Jungle

Filace didn't exactly have an alternative to instituting the draft. The lack of soldiers left its ranks severely depleted, but the new draftees couldn't just be given a rifle and sent to the front. Of course, there simply wasn't enough time to properly train them, either. Thus, many of them got to enjoy an abridged boot camp before they were packed away and sent to some backwater post. Most of them ended up patrolling the border, some ended up setting up roadblocks, while a select few got the honor of joining the Naval Infantry and spending their days in an isolated, hot, humid jungle 152 miles from the nearest village (and the nearest girls) doing little more than watching a river and checking the papers of the occasional vehicle. Zone is E4 Comments and Criticism are most welcome.

33268003764_4f0172f2d6_c.jpgRumble in the Jungle by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

"Aww, come on Sarge, even you've got to see this is bull. So I've got a girly mag, big deal."

"Well, if you haven't figured it out by now, you soon will that some officers, especially these butterbars the academy keeps turning out, are real sticklers for the rules."

"Yea, sometimes I think they send us draftees with the sticklers just as a sick joke."

"You got out of four weeks of boot camp, kid. I wouldn't be complaining."

"Oh, so that's supposed to help? Send us off to battle without even getting enough proper training?"

"You know, Jackson, most of us wouldn't exactly consider standing guard on some quiet jungle road the same as being in battle.

"But,"

"Shut it and get up! Butterbar's coming!" 

33268011334_36b3a4a154_c.jpgRumble in the Jungle by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

"Private Jackson! Where in the Sentry's Code does it say a sentry shall rest and chat with his buddies?"

"No where, sir!"

"Then what the hell is your excuse!?"

But before Jackson could answer, the Sargent's headset squawked. 

"Sir, a Centaur's coming up. Army by the markings." 

34069706526_c1e37497c0_c.jpgRumble in the Jungle by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

The lieutenant began shouting orders as the men manning the bunker and mortar began getting into position.

33954235202_5683d91bc8_c.jpgP1110393 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Built only a few weeks ago, the bunker was so new that the grass hadn't even grown back to the edge of the concrete walls. But that's not what the men were worried about. They were busy making sure that everything was perfect, that every man was at his exact position per the textbook. Of course, the MRAP probably didn't present a threat. Most likely just another supply of high-tech computers or some important civies (average civies had to travel on one of the massive barges hauling steel and cement). Probably a missile base, the men thought. Perhaps a new airfield or secret testing site. Whatever it was, it must be something big given the number of trucks and barges heading there. But of course, that wasn't what the men were worried about. Right now they were making sure that every last detail was perfect lest their commanding officer decide to write them up for inattention to duty, negligence, or whatever other offense came to his mind. 

Within seconds, everyone was at their places and a few minutes later the chirping and howls of various jungle animals was replaced with the low, steady rumble of 330 horsepower. The rumble continued to grow, and within a few moments, the massive Centaur came around the curve. The Sargent, or more accurately, whoever the informed the Sargent was right, Army markings and an Army crew. 

33980270101_625e052dd4_c.jpgRumble in the Jungle by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

As the massive vehicle came closer, Jackson couldn't help but wonder who came up with the Navy's checkpoint strategy. A bunch of guys with M4s, grenades, and a SAW versus one of these armored beasts. Hell, if that thing wasn't friendly, it could crash through the checkpoint and there wasn't anything anyone could do about it. And of course, Jackson, Sarge, and the Lieutenant wouldn't exactly be in a good position, considering that they were supposed to stand in the middle of the road just behind the paint-on-wood barrier. Fortunately for Jackson, this Centaur wasn't any different from any of the others, and it slowed down and came to a complete stop about five yards from the gate (if you could call it a gate). 

33953497622_6e0ebb6b32_c.jpgRumble in the Jungle by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

The two front doors opened and the driver and passenger hopped out. They walked up to the gate, saluted the Lieutenant, and the driver handed over his papers.

"We've already unlocked the back, sir. You man will have no trouble checking our cargo."

The Lieutenant paused for a moment before speaking. He loved issuing orders, especially to soldiers, and he was rather upset that they were one step ahead of him. "As it should be!" the Lieutenant snapped in reply. As he read the soldier's papers, he continued. "But it looks like they have you Army guys playing delivery boy for naval computers."

"Yes, sir. All we were told was that someone wanted the job done right for once." 

33299208173_6f0c77bf4c_c.jpgRumble in the Jungle by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

At this, the Lieutenant's face began turning red and Jackson had a sudden coughing fit. He may have been in the Navy, but he was still green enough to laugh at the joke. The Lieutenant glared at him before shouting to the soldier behind the truck. "Private Goldberg, what have you found!"

"Just two NeoGen X-5000s, boxes properly marked for delivery to Arthur Hastings, Brickeon Technology."

"And the code?"

"It matches Mr. Hastings', sir."

33299161393_5572517ba8_c.jpgRumble in the Jungle by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Returning the papers to the driver, the lieutenant told the driver "you're clear to go." Then to his own men, "Sargent, clear the road and get this gate up!" 

33299173453_0fa7750b0e_c.jpgRumble in the Jungle by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

34069720396_29523a5572_c.jpgRumble in the Jungle by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Additional Pics of the Centaur Mine-Resistant, Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicle. 

33414936280_fc71b2e856_c.jpgCentaur MRAP by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

33643408782_fd02cecdf6_c.jpgCentaur MRAP by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

33799624965_aaa8209195_c.jpgCentaur MRAP by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Edited by Captain Genaro

Excellent checkpoint! Lots of plantlife right along the rocky coast. 

I really want to attack this later on, but it looks so good...

Tough decisions!

I like how the vechicle's camo patern fit with the enviroment. The rocks....even this technique is impressive, it takes alot time always!!! And I love how sodliers are placed in the scene. Great job.

This is a fantastic build. Great variety in the minifigures, great vehicle, and well-situated checkpoint which actually feels like a tactically sound position. Nice job!

On 4/17/2017 at 11:10 PM, Stash2Sixx said:

Excellent checkpoint! Lots of plantlife right along the rocky coast. 

I really want to attack this later on, but it looks so good...

Tough decisions!

Oh, well, perhaps we can launch a preemptive strike and save you the trouble of making such tough decisions.:laugh: But I am glad that you like it so much.

On 4/18/2017 at 1:58 PM, Johannsued said:

looks great! i really like this jeep!

Thank you. I have some additional pics of it that I'll add to the first post.

33414936280_fc71b2e856.jpgCentaur MRAP by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

On 4/18/2017 at 3:01 PM, paintballman said:

I like how the vechicle's camo patern fit with the enviroment. The rocks....even this technique is impressive, it takes alot time always!!! And I love how sodliers are placed in the scene. Great job.

Thank you. The rocks, though incredibly time consuming, were actually a lot of fun to build. Lots of SNOT working in different directions, random use of plates and tiles, and just a lot of random pieces thrown in there to get it to work. 

On 4/19/2017 at 4:04 AM, LegoFan117 said:

This is a fantastic build. Great variety in the minifigures, great vehicle, and well-situated checkpoint which actually feels like a tactically sound position. Nice job!

I appreciate the compliment, thank you.

You've Been Awarded (8) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Excellent build. Love how you neatly tucked the bunker into the terrain. The Centaur looks good, I would just recommend some bigger tires for it. Very intricate rock work meshes very well. Very Nicely Done!    

Getting supplies in preperation to fight.  Geography and equipmet both shown in this build.  You added a grid square, but no map.  Won't count against you this round, but in the future, be sure to add those so you can show an exact location.  Custom built, well detailed vehicle looks really great, but yes, bigger tires, looks like high speeds would flip it over. And please, be sure to DUST your vehicles!  The checkpoint is great.  I like the SNOT rock walls and the 1x1 blue studs for water.  The bunker is placed on an angle and not sure how many people noticed.  Great little detail as it can totally change a scene.

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!