Trekkie99

The Future of Lego Space. (opinions, ideas, discussion)

Recommended Posts

@AanchirWhoa, that second Mtron space disco music video is amazing. Appreciate the thorough research, thanks for sharing it. I feel like I've actually read some of it before, great insight. I just browsed the Mtron lego wiki page and saw the rejected protos for the first time, those are really looking good. I see how rescue and mining can be derived when you see the greater development concept. It also makes sense to make the theme ambiguously utilitarian for imagination's sake

@Digger of BricksYeah, what I really want to see in the next lego mechs is stuff like the clan omnimechs 3X9iv.jpg

I feel like the 70707 eradicator mech from the last space series was actually the closest they've come

088.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2017 at 9:30 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here is a good question for frequenters for this thread to ponder. If we were to definitely expect a new space theme in the near future, what would you not want from such a theme?

I would prefer not to have color-coded heroes. That's kind of TLG's MO--Ninjago, Nexo Knights, Knights Kingdom, Elves, and Bionicle (and others, I'm sure) have all used a distinct color scheme for each hero. While this kind of setup has its positive points, it feels cliche and overused.

Since color differentiation is important, though, give each faction its own color scheme/branding, like Ice Planet/Space Police/M-Tron, or Terran/Zerg/Protoss, or EB's own Andromeda's Gates.

There are enough easy ways to make the characters identifiable that don't involve a Red Ranger trope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2017 at 7:09 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I am surprised no one has done this yet, but someone should do a "evolved" Galaxy Explorer using part no. 28782 (pictured below) in Trans-yellow from TLBM Batmobile! The part's dimensions are perfect for it (6 by 6 by 2)!

6171892.jpg

Well look here what @ZCerberus's latest creation has done! :sweet:

35674677166_c0266cafac_z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well look here what @ZCerberus's latest creation has done! :sweet:

"Snip"

Wow, Impressive! Works very nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

More Trans-yellow goodness is on the way! The Last Jedi sets just leaked and the smallest one has this cockpit in trans-yellow!

No way!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for mentioning this @Umbra-Manis!!!

Did you hear that @danth?!!! Woohoo!!!

 

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

More Trans-yellow goodness is on the way! The Last Jedi sets just leaked and the smallest one has this cockpit in trans-yellow!

That's a very nice canopy to have in Trans-yellow, but I'm somewhat concerned that those are prints instead of stickers. Well, its not that big of a deal if they are since those graphics are in Light Bluish Grey, which will work fine with CS creations, but not Blacktron I creations.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That's a very nice canopy to have in Trans-yellow, but I'm somewhat concerned that those are prints instead of stickers. Well, its not that big of a deal if they are since those graphics are in Light Bluish Grey, which will work fine with CS creations, but not Blacktron I creations.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Never thought of that. Hope they're not prints... :look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

No way!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for mentioning this @Umbra-Manis!!!

Did you hear that @danth?!!! Woohoo!!!

 

Freaking AWESOME! Can't tell if it's a print or not...but it doesn't go over the edges of the piece. Which makes it more likely to be a sticker. I think.

Looks like the original Classic Space windscreen in transparent red as well!

Edited by danth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Wars canopies tend to be printed.

You might be able to remove the print without ruining the part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean this as constructive feedback. I appreciate your eagerness for space, but it would probably help if you kept the topic name shorter. Just my opinion. :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*****
TBH that looks like a print. That would be at least 6+ stickers on that one element.

Edited by Bob De Quatre
Removed confidential image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

I mean this as constructive feedback. I appreciate your eagerness for space, but it would probably help if you kept the topic name shorter. Just my opinion. :classic:

Yea, I guess it does look kind of silly. :laugh: Guess I'll change it to simply "update".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danth said:

Can't tell if it's a print or not...but it doesn't go over the edges of the piece. Which makes it more likely to be a sticker. I think.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:


TBH that looks like a print. That would be at least 6+ stickers on that one element.

You're right. I just looked at my U-wing printed canopy and it also lacks the printing over the edges. So my argument is invalid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Star Wars canopies tend to be printed.

You might be able to remove the print without ruining the part

Unless I'm wrong, I don't believe that particular canopy has ever been printed on before in past sets; but still, that does not mean they never will, and unfortunately it does seem like this canopy has been printed. :sad:

4 hours ago, danth said:

Looks like the original Classic Space windscreen in transparent red as well!

I saw that too, on Kylo's TIE fighter (linked below). Like @Artanis I said, canopies for Star Wars tend to be printed, but maybe the simple, flat surface of that windshield might mean they simply opted for a sticker. It's funny, but most AFOLs complain about stickers, but here is one particular instance where we'd prefer them in this case.

https://www.exoforce.ru/serii-lego/star-wars/star-wars-lego-75179-istrebitel-kaylo-rena-tie.html

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I saw that too, on Kylo's TIE fighter (linked below). Like @Artanis I said, canopies for Star Wars tend to be printed, but maybe the simple, flat surface of that windshield might mean they simply opted for a sticker. It's funny, but most AFOLs complain about stickers, but here is one particular instance where we'd prefer them in this case.

https://www.exoforce.ru/serii-lego/star-wars/star-wars-lego-75179-istrebitel-kaylo-rena-tie.html

Nope, I think that's printed too. Looks like a print from what I can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's funny, but most AFOLs complain about stickers, but here is one particular instance where we'd prefer them in this case.

All markings I want should be printed. All markings I don't want should be stickers. :D

But seriously a print on a rare piece that would otherwise be super useful is kind of a bummer. Meanwhile all the very common pieces in this set that should be printed have stickers!

Also I hate to say it but on second glance I'm not even sure the red windscreen in the new Tie set is transparent. It would be lame if it wasn't obviously.

Edited by danth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, danth said:

All designs I want should be printed. All designs I don't want should be stickers. :D

But seriously a print on a rare piece that would otherwise be super useful is kind of a bummer. Meanwhile all the very common tile pieces in this set that should be printed have stickers!

Also I hate to say it but on second glance I'm not even sure the red windscreen in the new Tie set is transparent. It would be lame if it wasn't obviously.

^ This!

Nice to see any new cockpit in trans yellow... let's hope it turns up in another set next year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2017 at 10:05 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

More Trans-yellow goodness is on the way! The Last Jedi sets just leaked and the smallest one has this cockpit in trans-yellow!

Don't mean to be pedantic, but that windscreen in the pics is two bricks too short to be 94531, I believe it is a printed version of 6109815 / 18729.

If so, it would make it the second time they've used that mold ever, printed or otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mishtron said:

Don't mean to be pedantic, but that windscreen in the pics is two bricks too short to be 94531, I believe it is a printed version of 6109815 / 18729.

If so, it would make it the second time they've used that mold ever, printed or otherwise.

Oh wow, I'd never even noticed that Ultra agents set used a different mold, good eye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Oh wow, I'd never even noticed that Ultra agents set used a different mold, good eye!

Thanks :)

A while ago I was looking at ways to use up some 6 tall ones and noticed the air traffic control style technique on the ultra agents boat, only to find out that it was actually a different piece altogether

Edited by mishtron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mishtron said:

Don't mean to be pedantic, but that windscreen in the pics is two bricks too short to be 94531, I believe it is a printed version of 6109815 / 18729.

If so, it would make it the second time they've used that mold ever, printed or otherwise.

Third, actually—one of the Ninjago movie sets uses it in Transparent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we are on the subject of colored canopies, this newly unveiled 2018 DC Comics set (76096 Superman Krypto Team Up, pictured below) comes with two of part no. 27262 (that odd Nexo Knights mudflap/canopy part, also pictured below) in Trans. Light Green (a.k.a. "Atlantis" green).

35753095982_55bab5878c.jpg 6166852.jpg

 

16 hours ago, mishtron said:

Don't mean to be pedantic, but that windscreen in the pics is two bricks too short to be 94531, I believe it is a printed version of 6109815 / 18729.

If so, it would make it the second time they've used that mold ever, printed or otherwise.

Wow, this whole time, I didn't even know there were two different versions of this canopy! *huh*

Thanks for noticing that @mishtron, I would have otherwise never known! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.