LegoMonorailFan

The Future of Lego Space. (opinions, ideas, discussion)

14 hours ago, danth said:

I think people are quick to dismiss the possibilities for a new Classic Space theme.

Unikitty got her own spinoff theme after the first movie. There's no reason we couldn't get something like that for Benny after part 2. Even if it's just a one-off theme, and not a full Space relaunch, it could be extremely cool.

Certainly Benny could get a spinoff theme.  But Unikitty got her own theme because she got her own cartoon.  Despite being a Lego Movie character, her little theme has more in common with DC Superhero Girls and PowerPuff Girls.

18 hours ago, danth said:

I think people are quick to dismiss the possibilities for a new Classic Space theme.

Unikitty got her own spinoff theme after the first movie. There's no reason we couldn't get something like that for Benny after part 2. Even if it's just a one-off theme, and not a full Space relaunch, it could be extremely cool.

Sure, but the thing is, I personally would rather see something original from the next eventual Space theme as opposed to a straight-up revival of Classic Space right away, preferably keeping those outright throwbacks to Benny & Company reserved for the Creator Expert theme, Creator Three-In-One sets, promotionals, cinematic Lego Movie tie-ins, and what not for the mean time. :shrug_confused:

18 hours ago, danth said:

I am still hoping for at least 1 of the 4 space ships we see in the background on the Benny's space squad box, and some tv/trailer media as a set.

Edited by TeriXeri

27 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I am still hoping for at least 1 of the 4 space ships we see in the background on the Benny's space squad box, and some tv/trailer media as a set.

Me too. Perhaps if Benny's space squad sells well we might see some more in the future?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sure, but the thing is, I personally would rather see something original from the next eventual Space theme as opposed to a straight-up revival of Classic Space right away

I feel like LEGO would do things the other way round, Make a Unikitty style spinoff theme (Small waves Ect) then assuming that does well they'd have their hand at another original space them