Trekkie99

The Future of Lego Space. (opinions, ideas, discussion)

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

LEGO Ideas - Interstellar Explorer LL-997 - 40th Anniversary Classic Space by Johan Brickhead

Great find, Digger! That's an awesome build. 

On 2/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, Artanis I said:

Even if it's just the trans black (or smoke, whatever), canopies that are tinted have a more 'sci-fi' feel to them than the plain clear. I recall City (or should I say Town) sets used to use light blue visors, windows and screens. Even that looks more scientific/magical.

Many City sets still do! I think in that case it serves two purposes: it makes them seem slightly tinted and helps make them more closely resemble how real windows and windshields often look when reflecting a blue sky. Honestly, I feel like it used to be much more common to see regular Transparent/Trans-Clear windows in Town sets than it is in today's City sets. Taking a look at last year's sets, windscreens in that color only appeared on three models (a hotel, an ice cream van, and a cargo train) — others typically used Transparent Brown/Trans-Black or Transparent Light Blue/Trans-Light Blue.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, Artanis I said:

Even if it's just the trans black (or smoke, whatever), canopies that are tinted have a more 'sci-fi' feel to them than the plain clear. I recall City (or should I say Town) sets used to use light blue visors, windows and screens. Even that looks more scientific/magical.

Yes they did!

5 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Many City sets still do!

That's true!

They still use it because it still makes for a great color scheme.  Trans black and trans light blue work fantastically well in both modern sets and futuristic ones.  I do enjoy the Classic Space / Blacktron vibe of trans yellow canopies and details for both factions, but I'd still enjoy updated versions of them with these translucent colors.

I'd love to see Classic Space redone with dark blue and one of the pearl grey colors.  I think Nexo Knights was trying to do that, but crossing it with Castle took away some of the Space vibes.  Also, Ultra Agents had tons of trans light blue, and that was phased out just before Nexo Knights started, so they went Ice Planet and used trans neon orange instead.  To be honest, looking back, Ultra Agents had some of the best Space sets in modern times.  It's just the weird superhero thing they did with the minifigures and story that didn't work as well for me.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:40 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's yet another recently submitted LEGO Ideas project that's worth mentioning here! :classic:

LEGO Ideas - Interstellar Explorer LL-997 - 40th Anniversary Classic Space by Johan Brickhead

6086346-01_Box_Art_full_set_lg_composite_-_simple-thumbnail-full.jpg

Love it,...love to see something like that. I still reckon, with CS the Galaxy Explorer has yet to be beaten in the Gravitas category and I hope Lego find a way to beat it. Of course that's just my opinion. I also would like to see some bigger building and launch facilities,...like a proper modular spaceport as CS theme.

Edited by PBRStreetgang

On 2/25/2019 at 4:05 PM, GeoBrick said:

One more supporter, and redera00's project can start the long run. :laugh:

On 2/26/2019 at 10:23 AM, krazycp said:

Very cool

On 2/27/2019 at 6:16 PM, PBRStreetgang said:

Love it,...love to see something like that. I still reckon, with CS the Galaxy Explorer has yet to be beaten in the Gravitas category and I hope Lego find a way to beat it. Of course that's just my opinion. I also would like to see some bigger building and launch facilities,...like a proper modular spaceport as CS theme.

Here are two more noteworthy CS-themed projects that were submitted today. :classic:

Space Explorers are Back: MISSION to MARS by CaptainRed

6146058-01-Intro_2-thumbnail-full.jpg

LL-633 Lasius by RustyBricks24

6164864-RIMG5189-thumbnail-full.JPG

What a creative take on the classic Galaxy Explorer and Moonbase!  Supported!

13 hours ago, icm said:

What a creative take on the classic Galaxy Explorer and Moonbase!  Supported!

I do wonder how much that project would conflict with City's own upcoming "Mars Mission" subtheme. Perhaps it'd be irrelevant and in the rear-view mirror by the time such a project were to potentially achieve support? :def_shrug:

P.S. I do dig that Orange Classic Spaceman the creator included in the project BTW. :classic:

Looking at some concept models from the Lego House, it's such a shame that Benny's Battle Buggy was cut from the film - it's a clear homage to 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport and looks fantastic. Plus, they made a green Classic Space helmet! Shame this will never see the light of day as a set...

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

Plus, they made a green Classic Space helmet! Shame this will never see the light of day as a set...

Well, perhaps a Green Classic Spaceman will at least make it into a potential Space Squad Pack 2.0 for the presumed Winter 2020 wave. :shrug_confused:

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, perhaps a Green Classic Spaceman will at least make it into a potential Space Squad Pack 2.0 for the presumed Winter 2020 wave. :shrug_confused:

Fingers crossed...

Have you guys seen the City Mars torsos? There's a white and an orange one with similar prints, and they are really good! The vibe is realistic near-future!!

Edited by Exetrius

On 3/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

6146058-01-Intro_2-thumbnail-full.jpg

Wow, I LOVE the shape of that spaceship!

19 hours ago, danth said:

Wow, I LOVE the shape of that spaceship!

It is a really cool set! Everthing fits nicely!! Well done!!

44 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

A white NASA torso leaked. Anyone know of a NASA set for this summer?

Oooh - what does it look like? Where did you see it? 

Hi guys - I know this is a off topic but how do I remove an image from my signature. I can't seem to see an option to do that in my profile. I can add more images, but I can't remove this one - ? 

28 minutes ago, Captain Mutant said:

Oooh - what does it look like? Where did you see it? 

Hi guys - I know this is a off topic but how do I remove an image from my signature. I can't seem to see an option to do that in my profile. I can add more images, but I can't remove this one - ? 

The usual places. Browsing #legoleaks on Instagram will get you there. 

OT: Weird, so you can edit your signature, but not remove the image? You can get the cursor behind the image, but then backspace doesn't remove it? Are you trying on mobile or on PC?