Trekkie99

The Future of Lego Space. (opinions, ideas, discussion)

10 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Thanks! :sweet:

Well @Exetrius, I still don't know how even now I could've missed your latest project, but it's pretty darn nifty! I love both your incorporation of that recolored Nexo Knights canopy and the reusage of Psyclone's helmet for its pilot, a part I don't know why they haven't reused/recolored since then. :thumbup: :smug:

On 7/14/2018 at 1:05 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Thanks! :sweet:

Well @Exetrius, I still don't know how even now I could've missed your latest project, but it's pretty darn nifty! I love both your incorporation of that recolored Nexo Knights canopy and the reusage of Psyclone's helmet for its pilot, a part I don't know why they haven't reused/recolored since then. :thumbup: :smug:

Thanks a lot, glad you like like it! :sweet: Anyway, I bet you won't miss it again now that I have updated my signature, haha!

There's a lot of cool parts out there that deserve to be recoloured, Psyclone's helmet is certainly one of them! 

Good spotting, may be useful for custom Space Police stuff! 

By the way, what do you guys think of Sweet Mayhem's spaceship?

70830 Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Starship! | $69.99 USD

29514000468_e619d3b14c_b.jpg

I think it's a great design. Uses some fresh colours and shapes, and and handful of prints to finish it off. May as well have been a MOC. Hopefully there is some interior space too, otherwise the price isn't really be justifiable. Let's hope there is more space stuff from the Systar System to be revealed! 

7 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Good spotting, may be useful for custom Space Police stuff! 

70830 Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Starship! | $69.99 USD

I think it's a great design. Uses some fresh colours and shapes, and and handful of prints to finish it off. May as well have been a MOC. Hopefully there is some interior space too, otherwise the price isn't really be justifiable. Let's hope there is more space stuff from the Systar System to be revealed! 

I think it looks sweet!  The price may seem high, but we don't have a confirmed part count yet.  I'm trying to read the print on the long wedge shape, but I can't quite make out the text.

Anyways, it's fantastic.  I love the shape and colors here.  I think it all works really well together.

And for a minidoll, Sweet Mayhem is a nice design.

10 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Qxp5m79N6VMkFQ33i2wWgK-320-80.jpg

UCS Protoss probe

Edited by Artanis I

11 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Well, all the Dark Turquoise parts you'd obtain from it are certainly exciting, not to mention that new Trans-Pink canopy recolor with prints, and the White recolor of that one 6×8 Nexo Knights slope part! Plus, its best design feature I think is that retro-styled Dark Turquoise crest crowning the craft, which sort of mirrors the crest of its pilot's helmet. :thumbup: :smug:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I agree with everything Exetrius said. It's a great spaceship that looks like a MOC; it's overpriced at $70 but well priced at $50; and it's very creative.  It looks like no Lego spaceship we've ever seen before.  The minidoll design is great.  However, it's not <my> kind of spaceship, so I'll pass.

12 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Pretty dang sweet is what I think!

I would not mind one bit if the LEGO Movie 2 paves the way for a sci-fi theme featuring mini-dolls in the future! It definitely shows how much potential that would have.

3 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I would not mind one bit if the LEGO Movie 2 paves the way for a sci-fi theme featuring mini-dolls in the future! It definitely shows how much potential that would have.

That, and/or it could be a way to reinvigorate the space setting as a whole. And hopefully there is not only a Systar System, but also a long-forgotten but newly discovered Faathar System, if you get what I mean. :wink:

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

And hopefully there is not only a Systar System, but also a long-forgotten but newly discovered Faathar System, if you get what I mean. :wink:

Ooh! I like that! :laugh: :thumbup: That would be really cool.

20 hours ago, Exetrius said:

That, and/or it could be a way to reinvigorate the space setting as a whole. And hopefully there is not only a Systar System, but also a long-forgotten but newly discovered Faathar System, if you get what I mean. :wink:

Isn't the Faathar system where Benny comes from? AKA Will Farrell's healthy classic space collection...

1 hour ago, Ninja_Bait said:

Isn't the Faathar system where Benny comes from? AKA Will Farrell's healthy classic space collection...

Precisely! :wink::thumbup:

On 6/21/2018 at 9:14 AM, Exetrius said:

So basically modular starships, right? I wonder if that could be designed so that the modules of the different sets fit together, without compromising on the variety of spacecrafts and the build experience. How do you envision interior spaces connecting to each other and what about obvious connection points on the exteriors when not in use?

But it does sound good!

Just been reading through most of this thread as I was also one of those to grow up with the classic space sets during the late 70's and through the 80's, and a few posts came up that piqued my interest - especially the one quoted above.

It just so happens that I've got a couple of projects that cover this specific area which I recently uploaded to the Lego Idea pages:

Hangar Bay Display

Modular Starfighter

The starfighter ideas is kind of a WIP which was inspired by the No Man's Sky procedural starships, and the hangar bay was something I wanted to create initially for my UCS MF, but later realised it could be used for any spaceship design.

Edited by Scene

20 hours ago, Scene said:

It just so happens that I've got a couple of projects that cover this specific area which I recently uploaded to the Lego Idea pages:

Hangar Bay Display

Modular Starfighter

The starfighter ideas is kind of a WIP which was inspired by the No Man's Sky procedural starships, and the hangar bay was something I wanted to create initially for my UCS MF, but later realised it could be used for any spaceship design.

Hey there @Scene, welcome to Eurobricks! :sweet:

I saw your Modular Starfighter project earlier over on LEGO Ideas and immediately shared it over on the below linked discussion topic. I seriously love its swooshable, retrofuturistic proportions and design, and even its monotone Light Grey color scheme pairs quite nicely with the Trans-Blue canopy. :thumbup: 

Best of luck to you on your journey towards ten thousand supporters! :grin:

P.S. Are you on Flickr by the way?

Ah apologies, and thanks @Digger of Bricks  I didn’t see that addition you made to that thread.. Thanks for the warm welcome, and for the link rerference :)

Sorry, I avoid most if not all social media so no flickr, twitter, FB or anything related.

Edited by Scene

Saw your Ice Planet version of your Ideas model on Flickr @Exetrius. Very cute! :sweet: :thumbup:

43781895712_93e5c19681_z.jpg

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

@Digger of Bricks Hey, thanks a ton for highlighting my project over in the Best LEGO Ideas projects topic, a great compliment!

@LegoMonorailFan And thank you too! I'm just very glad to see both versions appeal to you guys! Send me a PM and I may share the LDD file so you can build one yourself. :wink:

On 8/3/2018 at 8:53 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Saw your Ice Planet version of your Ideas model on Flickr @Exetrius. Very cute! :sweet: :thumbup:

I really dig that reinvented color scheme replacing the Bright Blue with Earth Blue, plus the usage of those White A-Wing tailfin parts and Nexo Knights spear tips both work quite nicely. :thumbup:

18 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Hey, thanks a ton for highlighting my project over in the Best LEGO Ideas projects topic, a great compliment!

You're most welcome! As always, best of luck to you! :classic:

On 5/26/2018 at 3:42 PM, Exetrius said:

I'm pumped for this and really curious what they come up with. From what I know, Overwatch is basically country/cultural archetypes as heroes/villians, in sci-fi style. The worldmaps are equally diverse and interesting. I expect a ton of new parts useful for sci-fi and space minifigs/mocs, though maybe not in the Classic Space department. 

Well, at long last, here are some of our first LEGO Overwatch sets! :grin:

The Brick Fan - LEGO Overwatch Official Images Found at Target 

LEGO Overwatch D.Va  & Reinhardt (75973)