BarakRL

Using SBrick+ with a real gamepad is super fun!

While my previous post from 2 weeks ago didn't get any love, I think hope this one just might. 

I've had a lot of progress on my SBrick framework (ELI5: it's a piece of code that let me write my own apps for the SBrick instead of using the official app) and I now support most of the features I wanted to (including some limited Wedo distance sensor support). The only thing that annoyed me was using the touch screen for control, so I decided to write a quick app to bridge between a real gamepad an the SBrick.

Some details for those who care: The gamepad is a 8Bitdo SNES30 connected to my iPhone 6s in iCade mode (any iCade gamepad will work).
The iPhone then translated the key presses to SBrick commands and also adds some sounds effects for fun (using the iPhone as a speaker). Both the gamepad and SBrick are using bluetooth of course.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Edited by BarakRL

Thats great, as there wasn't any solution to use a game controller on ios. I will try it, but no idea how to install it. Could you explain it in detail how to install and use it please?Is it possible to control more ports, or more sbricks at the same time? I mean to use more ports forts for acceleration, so I can connect 2 or 4 motors?  

heh,. thats pretty cool! Buut... imo it would be really interesting with an analog gamepad. 

Cool!

Do you have any plans to release it to public?

Oh my god, I am so excited to see details! Please, release it to public:)
Any chance of proportional control with other iCade-compatible gamepads with sticks? 

Edited by Limga
added question