Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[SR - Ch5D] Flip the Boat

After their humiliating defeat trying to storm the beach, the remaining members of the Lechuga Squad hired themselves out to Garvy as privateers. They were scouring the seas looking for Bumble Tuna Company ships to sink or capture. Shortly before they found their next victim, a couple of fisherman were having great success. 

BoBS Flip the Boat

"Here comes another one!" said the first fisherman.

"We are having a great day!" answered the second. "Maybe they'll finally let us join one of the big fishing boats instead of just sending us out in this dingy. Wait, what's that on the horizon?"

BoBS Flip the Boat

"It's a Garvien warship! What are we going to do?" yelled the first.

"Let's flip the boat and then pull it down under the water!" answered the second.

"Are you sure that will work?" asked the first.

"Yeah! I heard about two guys named Jack and Will who did it. We should have no problems!" said the second.

BoBS Flip the Boat

"Uuuurrrr! I'm pulling and the boat is going under the water!" yelled the first.

"Maybe we aren't pulling hard enough, keep trying!" said the second.

BoBS Flip the Boat

"Look sir!" yelled a Lechuga scout. "Maybe it's part of the Bumble Tuna fleet?"

"Do you think anyone's around?" asked a second scout.

BoBS Flip the Boat

"Listen!" yelled a third, "I can hear their screams of agony as they drown!"

"Those poor souls" said the captain. "Davy Jones is doing our work for us. Let's move along."

BoBS Flip the Boat

"I think they're leaving" said the first fisherman.

"Thank goodness!" answered the second.

"That's the last time we try your idea!" yelled the first.

"Hey!" replied the second, "at least we're still alive."

"Yeah, but now we don't have any fish, or the fishing pole!" said the first. "Now we'll never get to be a part of the big ship's crew."

"Maybe we should join the Sea Rats!" answered the second.

"Now that's the first good idea you've had all day" replied the first.

Nice story. Judging by their appearance, I'm sure these two dudes will have a bright future in the piratey business.:laugh:

The garvian warship looks great, and I like how you did the waves.

:laugh: Well, I'm glad to hear that the Lechuga Squadron isn't our problem any more! :tongue: :grin:  Clever idea, and an interesting way to build the hull on the larger vessel :thumbup:  For the water, I find that either SNOTted blue or throwing some trans-something pieces over top works quite nicely - though of course, the latter, at least if you're attaching the pieces, can be very time consuming!

I think this moc goes to show that it doesn't take a quantillion bricks to tell a good story. I really enjoyed the read, and found it quite humourous! :pir-grin: Also, it reminds me of one of the classic piratey movies from my childhood (think Errol Flynn-era), where I believe they did this trick.

In general, your pictures are good (well-lit and clear) but a few of the larger ones appear to suffer (a bit) in terms of focus on some parts of the build. Without being an expert, I think you may be using too low an f-number on the overview pics, which can lead to some objects going out of focus. It isn't a lot, but I think it may help giving the overviews the last bit of clarity.

The privateer's hull is constructed rather cleverly, although the shape looks a bit too mechanic with those straight sides. I am loving those swivel guns and the steering oar, but I think that single set of oars might be a tad too little for any significant propulsion! :pir-tongue:

I am stille debating with myself what I think about the waves, but if you coupled the use of colour with a bit more elevation, I think it could work really well.

All in all, solid entry with a good presentation and an amusing story! Keep it up! :pir-blush: