75144 - Snowspeeder - Rating  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor
  2. 2. What do you think of the pictures with parts for each step?

• Positive (I like 'em)
    • Neutral (I don't care and/or I don't mind)
    • Negative (please don't do that again)

Here's a picture of the bottom. Of course, I should have included this one:

The bottom view where you can clearly see the ice skating minifig accessories. I like this detail, but they tend to fall of easily. 33958978671_12048fb44e_c.jpg

And a video:

19 hours ago, J_C said:

Speaking of the :devil: will you be doing Technic reviews again? Please, say yes. :wink: Thanks

Most likely yes :sweet:

On 16-4-2017 at 1:25 AM, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Finally, an affordable way to start building up my collection of blaster pistols!

LoL :laugh:

On 16-4-2017 at 6:08 AM, Dapper-D2 said:
  • Are those two little wings secured to the side wings in any fashion and if not do they move out of place if bumped? Also is there front landing gear and if so how well does it work?

Hopefully, my picture and video have answered your question.

On 16-4-2017 at 10:07 AM, tismabrick said:

Very nice review. Not too many and not to fee pictures in my opinion. Well balanced!

Could you post some more details about the black rear canon, thanks

Thanks. Anything specific you'd like to know? There's not much to it, other than it's operated by the steer in the back, using some Technic gears.

The Poll is indeed broken. I am not sure why.

6 hours ago, Jim said:

The Poll is indeed broken. I am not sure why.

Every recent poll I've made was broken as well. Maybe it's an error.

4 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Every recent poll I've made was broken as well. Maybe it's an error.

Also in other forums? Seems to be Star Wars related for me. PM me if you have more details, please.

Thanks for the great review, Jim.  I've read MANY reviews of this set since its announcement; and yours is the best (in my opinion).

Edited by bobasdad

45 minutes ago, bobasdad said:

Thanks for the great review, Jim.  I've read MANY reviews of this set since its announcement; and yours is the best (in my opinion).

Thanks bobasdad! Always nice to hear. Next review I will focus more on accuracy, because grading a UCS model for playability etc is kinda useless.

I quite like it, but here's the reason I'm not gonna buy it, at least not from Lego itself (or never if it remains a D2C): the price. It's one thing to cost 200eur for 1700 parts, that's already high, but ok. Sadly, it's not what it will cost here in Belgium, no! It's 230eur for us. 200eur for germany, 230 for a neighbor country. And 220 for France. Sorry Lego, I don't wanna be milked even more for no real reason.

It's €230 (AU$330) in Australia too which is a shame. I'll definitely be waiting for the half-yearly discount (20-30% off from major retailers) instead of purchasing it on day 1. I think I'll replace the white with LBG too.

@Jim: I'd like to know how to build the black canon. Therefore my request for more images so I can see what kind of parts are needed.

I like the review and thanks for the video of the underside. Since the pole is not working I'll say I think this set is outstanding. I will be buying day one. I will get rid of the mini-figures, maybe sell them on Ebay, because I really think their inclusion in UCS sets are just an ugly distraction. Also I'm not a fan of the pictures of the parts before each module is build. Makes for a picture heavy review. If you're going to include that many pictures I'd prefer the pictures to be of more angles of the completed build. Thanks for taking the time to show us this ship.

Cool!

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

15 hours ago, tismabrick said:

@Jim: I'd like to know how to build the black canon. Therefore my request for more images so I can see what kind of parts are needed.

I can do that. Give me some time.

I love the model, but i hate the elastic bands.
But, for me, I preferd the USC ships (the capital ships don't, of course, only the fighters and falcon/slave) according the scale of the minifigures.

This year it's the 40th anniversary and I lack a model seen at the forst movie (ANH). Maybe the Y-Wing
Great review, indeed

@Jim

Thanks for the offer. Actually together with my son I was able to figure it out by looking closely at the parts and the assembled images.

4 minutes ago, tismabrick said:

@Jim

Thanks for the offer. Actually together with my son I was able to figure it out by looking closely at the parts and the assembled images.

Cool :thumbup:

Fantastic review of one of my favourite craft in Star Wars. I would love to be able to justify the cost of these builds to my wife - would never get away with it! My son has only just got into lego (he is 5) and thankfully hos love of Star Wars co-incided with it so I am getting the added bonus of enjoying lego with him (been 30-odd years since I was last put bricks together). Maybe when he is a teenager we can both hassle mum about getting UCS models!

My one big gripe about UCS models are the stickers. After paying all that money the last thing you want is stickers falling off after a few years. You would think that TLG would print on the pieces, seems pretty cheap opt out to me. 

A great set, delighted to now own it.

The 'play' features are cleverly integrated, a nice touch.

The front panels were tricky to position...for the Lego designer, they are shown as misaligned on the box! C'mon guys! Just needs a bit of careful placement, isn't hard!

I'm surprised to see that it's already shown as being a 'Back Order' for the UK, without an expected shipping date.  I'm glad I ordered mine yesterday, so I should have it by the end of the week.  Hopefully this will be sufficient to convince TLG that there's a strong demand for decent UCS models!  I'm proud to be an SW AFOL again, 2016 is now just a bad memory....:laugh:

VIP Points my  friend VIP Points. I can wait a few more days. I'm even going to leave work for an hour go to the lego  store when they open  and pick it up. 

15 hours ago, Lobot said:

I'm surprised to see that it's already shown as being a 'Back Order' for the UK, without an expected shipping date.  I'm glad I ordered mine yesterday, so I should have it by the end of the week.  Hopefully this will be sufficient to convince TLG that there's a strong demand for decent UCS models!  I'm proud to be an SW AFOL again, 2016 is now just a bad memory....:laugh:

It's also on 'Back Order' in Oz... and I'm also glad I ordered mine a few minutes after Lego sent out the VIP offer. It's been a looooong wait between decent UCS models! Bring on being a 2017 SW AFOL with a vengeance!!! :thumbup:

Just finished building mine. Looks great when finished, a little wobbly in the stand, but the amount of stickers put my heart rate up a fair bit, especially the windscreen! 

Shouldn't the pilot have some sort of joystick for flight control? 

Unsurprisingly, my local store sold out in 20 minutes. I'll get this later when supply and demand stabilizes enough to not need to skip work to buy it.