Hello guys,

Good Friday is here, everything is together to build but I'm somehow out of the ispiration. So I've decided to make a video about one of my old MOC's, however all those pics and vids I made back then are somewhat low quality. Excuse me for that please.

It is an almost FJ40 looking dwarf jeep. Started out as an experimental chassis. Madoca's CUV had an interesting drivetrain and that inspired me to build the same concept as dense as it is possible. Accordingly it uses two PF L motors to drive each side separatelly trough an 8/24 gear ratio. A PF Servo motor is responsible for the steering and all govern by an Sbrick. As power source I could've use a AAA battery box, but since I'm addicted to my Lipo solution, I've used those.

You may complain for the inaccuracy of using independent suspension in a jeep, so let me speak in my deffense: Once the chassis was done I was scratching my head what body should I put on it. As I said this is an old project, it has been done sometime when the FJ40 fewer gone across in the community. I'm being not quite good in building bodywork, decided to make something similar mostly following the shapes of rm8's FJ40. Probably it is a bit out of proportions, but since it was looking cute I've let it be as it was. Much later when I've discovered the Axle Collection Thread, I've find something similar to this suspension and drivetrain so I don't think it is any revolutionary here for you.

Anyway, I hope you like this video peppered with some happy classical music.

Happy Easter

8 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Pretty nice, good performance, but that ground clearance isn't great for offroading. IMO, live axles only for Jeeps.

Thanks. If you went trough the story above the video, it pretty much explains your concern. " so let me speak in my deffense: Once the chassis was done I was scratching my head what body should I put on it. bla-bla-bla" 

It wasn't made to be an off roader at the first place.

My recent project however:

DSC_3124

But that is a different story :wink:

Just now, Didumos69 said:

Did I miss something?

No, you didn't. It's not quite ready yet. The one on the pic is the manual version. You probably remember when we came up with the same gearbox? That was made for this at the first place. It is shaping since... :sweet: The motorized is on the way, will be published together. :wink:

2 hours ago, Attika said:

No, you didn't. It's not quite ready yet. The one on the pic is the manual version. You probably remember when we came up with the same gearbox? That was made for this at the first place. It is shaping since... :sweet: The motorized is on the way, will be published together. :wink:

Nice! I sure do remember. I can't wait to see more of them them!

Edited by Didumos69

Serious performance for this little guy, like the cartoonish styling a lot! :thumbup: :classic:

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

Nice! I sure do remember. I can't wait to see more of them them!

It'll take a week to get there, on my timescale it's just a blink of an eye. :laugh:

49 minutes ago, agrof said:

Serious performance for this little guy, like the cartoonish styling a lot! :thumbup: :classic:

Yep it's cute on it's own right, just like it is meant to be. 2 PF L motors for a vehicle this size is more than a lot, especially with the 8/24 gearing. Sadly the bottlenecks are the 12t bevel gear connections. So the weight supposed to be kept down. That's why it hasn't got doors. (or am I just repeating myself? :grin:  No, I hate doors:grin:

5 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Very cool! So tiny! The steering + drive mechanism is ingenious! Will there be instructions?

Thanks. If I get myself to make a proper photosequence I let you know, but at the moment I barely can keep up with my new builds,so it might take some time.