Hello everyone!

Just finished my batllebot - Black Egyptian!

Before building the bot, I thought - what can inspire me? And thought came to the Egyptian pyramids - they stood for centuries, therefore, they were built very competently. The shape of the pyramid is attractive to me, so I decided to embody it in my future battlebot.

All I had for this bot was a few motors, a battery box and a SBrick.

I wanted the battlebot to be mobile, but it could also bring significant destructions, so I made the upper part of the pyramid detachable in order to cause powerful hits.

The destructive effect of the hit is also enhanced by the fact that the entire impact force is applied to the small edge of the pyramid, and not to a large area, as in the case of a simple hammer.

The robot's design is very solid, its wheels are hidden deep inside, like the power button, which is a great advantage in the combat.

Specifications:

Dimensions: 25 x 25 x 25 studs;

Drive - 2 XL-motors;

Hit mechanism - 1 M-motor;

Power supply - 1 battery box;

Remote control - 1 SBrick.

33858931042_75f3864e5c_b.jpg

34016407695_0b8a69a1ca_b.jpg

34016407645_73f0040d3c_b.jpg

34016407435_37b04119a5_b.jpg

33858930562_3cc8666219_b.jpg

34016407255_eee2db6418_b.jpg

----------------------------------

UPDATE #1:

In accordance with the recommendations of the moderators, I edited the main demonstration video (cut off the ending, the original version is still available on the Youtube channel). Also, according to the proposals of the forum members, I played with the gears in the chassis - a pair of 12- and 20-teeth gears is not reliable, but a pair of two 4-teeth is reliable enough (you can see it in the video below). The bot's speed became slightly higher.

Also, at last two balls from the Mindstorms series arrived to me.

33907968151_9aa262959f_b.jpg

I planned to use them as supports, but they lift the bot a few millimeters more than necessary, because of what the wheels just spin in the air. A more precise adjustment of these supports will take a long time and lead to a total redesign of the model.

So I will not put them into the construction.

UPDATE #2:

I finally edited the main video and replaced the 20- and 12-teeth gears with 4-teeth gears for greater reliability and speed:

33245055923_faa8fc9eca_b.jpg

----------------------------------

Edited by romashkaman

Very nice. Though, many of the technic parts (lift arms and panels) are available in Tan :)

Thank you! Yes, you are right, but I can only use what I have, and in black it looks more brutal :)

Edited by romashkaman

I like how simple this looks, but it's probably not as simple as it looks :) I like how the weapon is "hidden" until you see it in action. I really didn't see what the weapon was before I saw the videos. Nice!

One thing though. Comparing your drive system to mine: your bot is a lot smaller (and therefore lighter) than mine, yet you use more powerful motors than I do. So your bot should be able to go faster. You're using XL motors, where I use M (which are faster, but less powerful), we use the same gearing, and I use bigger wheels. So I think you're not getting using full capacity of your drive motors. What would happen if you would switch the gearing for the drive, from 12/20 to 20/12, so gearing up instead of down? Will your bot become faster, or will the motors struggle? I expect it to become faster. XL motors are strong, and your bot is quite light.

I'm going to make changes in gearing tomorrow. So, all results will be soon) Thanks for comments!

Edited by romashkaman

5 hours ago, KikoTube said:

Cool Little Bot, but the name sounds a bit racist... :tongue:

thought the same, but move on with life.

it is a great little bot. looks like with a weight it could do damage. 

As pointed by erick leppen, why you used that gear ratio with xl motors? if stressed that mechanism can lead to slipping gears and so no power, the 4 teeth gears (the ones used for 90 degree gearing that comes mainly on yellow) could be used instead of the standard gearing, another question, do the bot self right? because i see a lot of ground clearance there.

Overall you bot looks really cool and it is great to have a hidden weapon!

I checked your assumptions and updated the post. I can say that the bot is made the way it was invented, there is no especially large distance from the ground to the bottom of the bot.

Edited by romashkaman