I want to take a poll to see what percentage out there have a buggy motor. If you do just post yes or no if you don't own one.

lego-black-race-buggy-motor-42908-28-545109-38.jpg

Disclaimer: this is my own poll and I will not use names or pictures, just the ratio of yes to no of owning a buggy motor.

It may be to show that sometimes buggy motors might not be fair.

Edit: I don't so I will factor that in.

Edited by Aventador2004

Just now, aminnich said:

Nope 

I wish I did, but too expensive 

That is exactly why I asked.

I have 4 of tham. VERY useful if want extrimilly fast speed.

But not useful it's shape. :look:

Edited by msk6003

I had the one from 8421, but I rarely used it, exspecially with the advent of PF, so I sold it one or two years back and switched to PF only.

I have 6,  Two 8376 Hot Flames, and one 8475 RC Race Buggy

I use them from time to time, although not a lot lately, since I mainly build GBC's these days, and these are not the type of motors I want to run for hours/days on end! (due to their value!)

I have 13 at the moment, but all of them are in use.

I think that they are fantastic motors because of power, shape and the sound they make. :p

I have 5 total, 1 came with the 8421 crane, and 4 (2 each) came with RC Hot Flame. One Flame is still sealed.

I have 4 :sweet:

I wish I could use all of them at the same time!

9 minutes ago, tibivi said:

I have 13 at the moment, but all of them are in use.

WHAT!!! why (and how) so many?

I have several and only two of them are in use. Wish more MOC's used them.  Currently the only MOC I have them in is the Deadly Nightshade off-road buggy.

Edited by technic_addict

10 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

WHAT!!! why (and how) so many?

Well, 4 from 2 8366 supersonic rc's, 4 from 2 8475 buggy, one from 8421, one from the accessory pack and Three bought separately.
I was into them some years ago before they went expensive and I putted them in almost every new mod I made for the reasons above. 

Back then I was sort of competing with a friend to make the best drivable fast rc car (before brick and such), I also made a huge pick up with 4 rc buggy motors for a pneumatic pump to drive a lpe and there was a challenge to make the 8660 rc with suspension. 

None here, I want to get a couple, though the applications for me would be rather limited, because they would only be powerful enough for smaller models.

I have 3.

It seems people either have them or want to have them. I have them and i want more, but i agree the form factor isn't the best. We need a PF extreme motor with the same internal motor as the buggy motor and fast output speed.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

... powerful enough ...

I think I recall seeing this discussed a while back but do not recall ... Yes, these motors are 'powerful'. As such, they draw more current than current PF motors. The question is: Are they compatible with the PF power supplies? (current limiting and load/heat)

Edited by DrJB

Just now, DrJB said:

I think I recall seeing this discussed a while back but do not recall ... Yes, these motors are 'powerful'. As such, they draw more current than current PF motors. The question is: Are they compatible with the PF power supplies? (current limiting and load/heat)

It's more of a torque to speed ratio sort of thing, not a power source issue. As if I wanted to use one in a larger model, I would need to gear it down to a 1:5 or 1:9 ratio, and it could still have issues with the power supply under high strain applications.

I have none, and never will do as I have no use for them; m-motors are sufficient for my humble trains' needs :innocent:! (although a buggy-motor-powered train would be interesting...)

I have 8 of them currently, all of them built in. The BuWizz unit and Buggy motors are very good friends :)