AnkTales

[VIDEO] Millennium Falcon Slow Motion Crash

HI guys, isn't a moc, the video quality is low (we had only a smartphone), i knowut. But I wanted to share with you this little part of an evening with a crazy afol friends. :devil:

P.s: now the millennium is under reconstruction :laugh:

Edited by AnkTales

I have seen this video before.

The response to finding out there will be a new UCS MF after forking out $3000 for an old one?! :look: :tongue:

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand why anyone would do this? :look:

7 minutes ago, Lobot said:

I am 100% with you, those sick creatures! :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Lobot said:

This doesn't damage the bricks believe it or not. My death star fell off a wardrobe and smashed into thousands of pieces and not one piece was broken or bent. I wish I had it on film because it looked awesome!

The model acts like a huge crumple zone and the impact energy is distributed to all the individual pieces that break apart. I'm no brick scientist but I'd guess it's better the drop a huge model with thousands of small pieces rather than large pieces.

4 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

This doesn't damage the bricks believe it or not. My death star fell off a wardrobe and smashed into thousands of pieces and not one piece was broken or bent. I wish I had it on film because it looked awesome!

The model acts like a huge crumple zone and the impact energy is distributed to all the individual pieces that break apart. I'm no brick scientist but I'd guess it's better the drop a huge model with thousands of small pieces rather than large pieces.

I can understand that a 'conventionally' built set might survive that sort of impact without significant damage, but I'd be amazed if all of the parts for that 10179 were still ok.  The internal Technic frame for it is very strong (due to the massive weight of it) and the beams must have been put under horrendous stress especially falling from that sort of height.  Anyway, I'll leave it at that, each to their own I guess :cry_sad:

Nope sorry does not float my boat, this is the type of thing I fear when moving the kits around the office or in/out of the loft...

I like the part where he drops it.

It's strangely satisfying to watch the beautiful smash and all the pieces flying everywhere. Is it sick and deviant? Perhaps, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable. :sweet:

The millennium is not mine but of a friend who was present at the event. Why he did it? He says that the buildings can be assembled, disassembled and reassembled. It was a game to take themselves less seriously.

I would have never had the courage. Fortunately nothing is broken.:classic:

Well, your friends might need a brain transplant, I think theirs is faulty :laugh:. I mean it as a joke heartless fiends!! Even when I take apart my stuff I take a small chunk at a time.

To be honest this kind of stuff is ten a penny, oh look at me i just bought a PS4 and now im smashing it up, oh and a new iphone, look how i treat it with this hammer, its all a bit "LOOK AT ME!!!!" :/

On 17/4/2017 at 7:38 PM, All in the Reflexes said:

To be honest this kind of stuff is ten a penny, oh look at me i just bought a PS4 and now im smashing it up, oh and a new iphone, look how i treat it with this hammer, its all a bit "LOOK AT ME!!!!" :/

Partially agree with you, fortunately LEGO can be rebuilt ;)

On 21/4/2017 at 4:47 AM, Rad said:

Well, I suppose that's one way to break it down..

On 21/4/2017 at 3:43 AM, legofives said:

Please please rebuild it

Fortunately it seems to have been reassembled :D I'll send you a picture ;)