Forgive the poor pictures, and the unfinished structure.  This was my very very first project back from my dark ages, and I enjoyed the scaling so much but never got interested in finishing the aesthetics of the build.

Scaled Sears Tower, not only the tower as a whole but also the nine columns that comprise it.  Scaled to nearly 100% accuracy.  Fun little project to return from one's dark ages. 

Full details, numbers, etc. located at:

http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/355109

1362017779m_DISPLAY.jpg

1362017768m_DISPLAY.jpg

1362017756m_DISPLAY.jpg

I'm moving this to Technic.

Very nice. If you're in the Chicago area, l'm sure you've seen the one in Navy Pier (Children's Museum). Though if I recall, that one was not to 'proper' scale. 

If you plan on finishing this project, don't forget the 'glass box'. :)

Do you have an approximate parts list? Those technic beams must have costed a fortune.

Edited by DrJB

1 hour ago, DrJB said:

Very nice. If you're in the Chicago area, l'm sure you've seen the one in Navy Pier (Children's Museum). Though if I recall, that one was not to 'proper' scale. 

If you plan on finishing this project, don't forget the 'glass box'. :)

Do you have an approximate parts list? Those technic beams must have costed a fortune.

Thank you DrJB.  I actually have not seen the one on Navy Pier...... I don't live in the area and was only in Chicago for a medical conference.  The building impressed me so much, and I was just out of grad school so I finally had the time and money to do something like this, so this was my first project back.   And yes...... it did cost quite a bit.  I have taken it apart since then, and am now wondering what to build with so many beams.  Black at that.  Don't want to sell them.  Perhaps a large, strong tower crane.....

Jim - That is fine to move this.... although honestly I am not sure why.    I honestly don't even think this is worthy of the Technic thread :laugh::laugh:  -- This is an old build..... and really there is not much "Technic" or even "technique" other than the scaling.  Perhaps people only look at the pictures and think "why is this here?" - that is why I encouraged the clicking on the link.  Not trying for views here..... I just don't want to repost all the data, numbers, etc.  To me this is redundant when it has been done before. 

The subforum discussion said that buildings are allowed, but I also see that "technic" only MOCs are for the technic forum so I guess that is the rationale.  For what it is worth, I did make great efforts to show the scaling, numbers, etc. it is just that the info is on a different page. 

Either way, it was a fun build.  I hope it is fun for at least some to see.