Normally I would prefer building something really sturdy, as a result these models are always heavy and have a lot of redundant parts.

This time I tried something new. Presenting my new MOC: a lightweight 6x6 pickup truck.

33834692091_c79593abf5_b.jpg

This model is based on the Mercedes G63 AMG 6x6.

It has a two-door cabin instead of the original four-door one, just to meet the definition of “Compact” in its name.

33150599533_544e68095d_b.jpg

It weights 1.2kg, and has around 1350 parts. I’m pretty satisfied with it given the fact that it’s a fully functional 6x6.

33833646961_a9a7e6e319_b.jpg

How to make a lightweight yet reliable frame is a challenge. My solution is to have a unibody design, like most family sedans, instead of a body-on-frame structure,

which commonly seen on off-road trucks. This means pillars need to help with sharing the load.

33833637721_d47007a54b_b.jpg

33833635841_d583c5c730_b.jpg

33120201684_46c7f068d2_b.jpg

The whole drivetrain is simple. All axles are live axles. Rear axles have multi-link suspensions.

How to position those links is a big deal, misplacement will probably introduce unwanted wobbles.

Considering the weakness of the universal joint, I didn’t put to much gear reduction into it, on the other hand, it has a relatively decent speed.

Field test:

With no diff lock, sometimes it struggles on rocks. But most of the time it can deal with less bumpy roads.

More details:

33806060402_c66b476cbf_b.jpg

33833640011_5448c1f656_b.jpg

33833641171_24abafe8d8_b.jpg

33833638751_6502bc6dab_b.jpg

33806063452_d026d64916_b.jpg

I will create instructions in a while. 

Enjoy. :classic:

Edited by KevinMoo

Wow, I really like the front. Great job getting all the functionality in such a small build. Also, I love those perfect photos you always do, they're amazing.:wub: Keep up the good work! :thumbup: 

Love it. From the first sight i thought this is Madoca's MOC. Clean well designed body, video and photos - everything is cool. And this is a compliment:) 

as for Mercedes, it is not easy too follow MB design in such scale. Your model does not look like Mercedes, but it is not ugly (usually copied design is ugly). Your compact 6x6 has its own style and in the same time it reminds us origin model, that inspired you.

This is nice 6x6 model. I really like the rear axles, the multilink suspension is excellent. Performance is pretty good, overall, a great model with great presentation. :thumbup:

Beautiful model. It reminded me of a Madoca model as well with the clean lines and supercompact interior with motors and suspension. For me it could use a bit more colour to break the black and grey, but other than that it is nearing perfection :wub:

This model is brilliant. The amount of motors, suspension and stuff you fit in such a compact size in inspiring. Well done! :wub:

Don't know what else to add, except repeat that this is a really cool creation. Great job :classic:

Thanks guys, appreciated! 

15 hours ago, move5 said:

Nice design:thumbup:

Btw, I'm not a big fan of negative caster angles.

Neither do I. That is the cost of having a live axle with a ball joint. I would prefer independent suspension, but the chassis will be much wider. If I use a pendular suspension, the driven axle needs a 1-stud offset to the ground.

In this case, it seems I have no other choice. :sceptic:

17 hours ago, rm8 said:

as for Mercedes, it is not easy too follow MB design in such scale. Your model does not look like Mercedes, but it is not ugly (usually copied design is ugly). Your compact 6x6 has its own style and in the same time it reminds us origin model, that inspired you.

That’s exactly my intention. The original model gives me a general shape of this MOC, and I didn’t want to build a precise copy. :classic:

While being completely occupied with my own MOC I finally took the time to look at some recently posted MOCs. This one really stands out. It indeed matches madocca's style. The compactness and elegance of the mechanics make me forget the negative caster. Great job!

Edited by Didumos69

12 hours ago, Dedy loy said:

No instruction yet for this moc? 

Please don't make posts like this. If the author chooses so, he will post instructions when done.

21 hours ago, Dedy loy said:

No instruction yet for this moc? 

Sometimes this kind of reply frustrated me. Not only here but also on my YouTube channel.

Making building instructions is a very time-consuming process. And I tried to perfect those instrctions for every new MOC I built. Up until now I still don’t know the true motivation of why am I devoting so much precious time on doing this.

Perhaps I just want to leave something for this desperate world.

But I’m so tired of having someone rushing me for something free of charge, something they took for granted.

Even if I said "There will be instructions" I still don’t think I owe anyone anything.

If someone had a slight respect for my hard work he wouldn’t be creating an account just to ask for a free instructions.

I won’t make promises anymore.

But there will be no instructions for this MOC anymore. That is a promise.

And there will be less instructions for future MOCs. That is also a promise.

Thank you for the "encouragement".