Stormbringer

Which forum does my MOC/topic belong in?

I'd like to post some of my work but am not sure where. I use a mix of technic beams, technic bricks, technic other parts,normal bricks, EV3 and some third party EV3 related hardware/software. (Hodgepodge) My mocs are industrial in nature. Currently working on a blast furnace complex. Where is the best place to show wip's. I'm thinking "Lego Technic, Mindstorms & Model Team" would be the best fit, but want to check before incurring the wrath of the site:classic:

Thanx,

Ed

It sounds like that is the place.

It's not so much about what pieces you use as it is the content of the final build.  For instance, if you used a lot of those pieces to make a medieval blacksmith's furnace, then Historic Themes might be the appropriate place.  Or if you were using them to build a prototype spaceship, Sci-Fi might be more appropriate.

So my guess is that you are correct in your placement, but you might want to wait on a second opinion.

1 hour ago, knotian said:

I'm thinking "Lego Technic, Mindstorms & Model Team" would be the best fit, but want to check before incurring the wrath of the site

What @x105Black said is accurate and your choice is appropriate for placing your thread, but there's no wrath :wink:

I run a tabletop RPG and use LEGO for the dungeons and minifig characters. I'm not sure what forum I should discuss this in.

Thanks!

Help me out here @Lasivian, what are you looking to discuss?  The gaming aspect, character detailing, building terrain?  Honestly, that would help in determining where it should be.

Hello,

I am a new member, and I have some general questions I would like to ask the community about buying/selling on the secondary market and seeking specific advice for parting out an expensive set.

Clearly my post count isn't going to hit 100 any time soon.  I would have thought a post of the type I want to make would be best suited to the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, but that's out.

So, where on this forum can I ask questions about about this topic?

To clarify, you can post in Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds after you reach 10 posts, but can't start a topic until 100.  I would suggest you post your question in this existing topic:

After all, Bricklink is one of the biggest secondary markets, and folks familiar with it should also be able to give good insight into parting-out high-value sets.

Hi: I just want to know if there is a forum dedicated for LEGO animation/stop motion movie topics. If not, what is the best place to post them?

Thanks

I found it. Thanks

Edited by Iminifig Store

Hi 

A new member, and is trying to find the right place to share a build thread, but look like most people only share the final work and not the full build progress ? ...

Its a star wars scene with the AT-AT from Richboy that is goint to get a custom scene around it - Do I just finish the build and only share the finish work next year, or do people want to follow the build ?  

36869981_2120268154891254_32022186912320

You can easily make a WIP thread for a build on the forum. People can follow along as you build and help suggest solutions to problems you may come across.

I think the only thing to consider is to maybe change the thread title when you are done, to showcase the finished build and the process in the same thread.

13 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Where would say for instance a Mammoth Built from CCBS go to?..

If it is all the bionicle style parts, then Action Figures is the place to go :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

If it is all the bionicle style parts, then Action Figures is the place to go :thumbup:

Thanks Peppermint. Real help also.. it says that pictures have to be on Instagram first... Can it be Deviantart too? or not..

16 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Thanks Peppermint. Real help also.. it says that pictures have to be on Instagram first... Can it be Deviantart too? or not..

Any image host is fine, the forums can't hold all user pictures so we ask people to use an external site. So post away :classic: I am looking forward to seeing this mammoth.

6 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

(I'm having trouble putting the pics on the board... any help?)

I can tell you how to do it with flickr, not sure about other image hosting sites but I'm sure they'll follow a similar pattern.

Step 1: create a Flickr account

32619716848_1a25ea821d_z.jpg

Step 2: Click on the cloud to upload your images

Step 3: Once uploaded go onto your image and click the sharing arrow

46440995532_f8533b94e3_z.jpg

Step 4: Select BB code and copy paste the code across

Step 5: Send me your entire lego collection

(Step 5 is optional :grin: )

Edited by Agent Kallus