dgfdhf

lego digital designer install problem

"adobe flash player activex required" version 4.3 really annoying. there's no such thing since one can only download adobe flash player for a browser rather than the computer, and i looked everywhere

2017-04-10 17_06_07-Create New Topic - Eurobricks Forums.png

Why did you “looked everywhere” to install that component? Just click “Yes” in the dialog box and LDD Setup will download and install what it (says it) needs.

On 4/11/2017 at 4:46 AM, SylvainLS said:

Why did you “looked everywhere” to install that component? Just click “Yes” in the dialog box and LDD Setup will download and install what it (says it) needs.

I'm having the same problem, and no, letting LDD try to install the Flash component fails as well. I've updated the Flash player in both IE and stand-alone mode, but LDD still won't install. I'm currently stuck in 4.3.8 and can't download new bricks.

EDIT: Found the fix! Open Internet Explorer and update Flash within that browser. Turns out I never did it properly, but LDD installed no problem after updating Flash in IE.

Edited by icarusbird

Okay. I asked because I have no problem here letting LDD download what it wants (but under Linux/Wine).

Sorry no offense at all but i dont think you get it. I "looked everywhere" to install the adobe software it was asking for. I couldnt click yes/next, as you can see the screenshot

Thanks icarus!! :) Thanks to you too sylvainls. And sorry my username is random words, im not good at usernames

Hi,

I have had this problem many times before,

to fix this you must try the following versions of adobe flash:

• NPAPI version
  • ActiveX version
  • PPAPI version

To do this goto https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ and select one, one of the above under 'step 2'.

When the LDD installer does not complain about flash player it means you have installed the correct version of flash player from the above list.

Ensure that the correct Operating system is also selected under 'step 1'.

For example I have firefox yet for some reason only the activeX (Internet explorer basically) version of adobe flash worked with LDD so it's hard to say which version is right for you, so just try them all one after another then uninstall the un-needed versions of flash.

Note that in my case firefox needed the NPAPI version yet LDD needed the activeX version so I had to have two versions installed. please ensure you check if you browser needs a separate version of flash player before uninstalling it.

Yes, this is annoying

Good luck.

Edited by SNIPE

I couldn't get any of the above methods to work on Windows 10, but I think I've found another that does:

1. Install 7-zip if you don't have it already
  2. Download the LDD installer from Lego
  3. Right-click on the LDD installer file (i.e. setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe) then select 7-Zip / Extract to "setupldd-pc-4_3_11\"
  4. Navigate into the setupldd-pc-4_3_11 folder
  5. Right-click on LDDSetup.exe then select 7-Zip / Extract to "LDDSetup\"
  6. Navigate into the LDDSetup folder
  7. Double-click on LDD.exe to run the application

Very interesting.  I'll try this tonight.  I've run into the same problem on the latest build of Win10.  (Discussion in this thread: 

)

I tried the method of extracting the folders from the installer using 7-zip and it worked fine.  To be complete, I would revise these steps:

6) Move the LDDSetup folder to a more permanent location and rename it: "LEGO Digital Designer"
7) Make a shortcut of LDD.exe onto your desktop or pin it to the taskbar.

This all really makes me wonder why the installer needs to check for Flash.  And even though Flash is already installed on the system, it tries to install a different version, which fails and breaks the install.

I am having no luck getting this to install with any of the above methods on a fresh windows 10 home x64 install (2 day old windows installation)

(Double) Extracting the package with 7zip worked fine for me few days ago.
The only trouble I had was to associate the lxf files to the software executable, but with a bit of manual registry editing I achieve the result. In order to associate the file extension I suggest to use a reg file obtained from a working installation.

Hope that next update (if any) will fix this problem removing ActiveX Flash Player among requisites from the installer.

Edited by Calabar

Thanks for the help on this thread, I got it to work. Very strange that flash player is required. If someone could maybe extract the installer script and then re-cook it to remove the flash player requirement, that'd be awesome.

Just a request: if anyone of you have a Win10 where LDD is installed (using the installer, when it still worked), could he prepare a ready-to-use reg file for lxf and lxfml association extracting the proper entries from the registry?

Hey all!
I joined just to respond to this.

What I did:

1. Make sure you have Flash installed already
  2. Install 7-zip or winrar if you don't have it already
  3. Download the LDD installer from Lego
  4. Download the Flash installer from Adobe 
  5. Extract the LDD installer file (i.e. setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe) (Extract to "setupldd-pc-4_3_11\")
  6. Drag the Flash installer into the setupldd-pc-4_3_11 folder
  7. Navigate into the setupldd-pc-4_3_11 folder
  8. Copy the name of the included (was packaged with the LDD installer) flash installer, then rename it (I added "_0" to the file name) - Could probably just delete the file, really
  9. Rename the downloaded flash installer with the name you copied from the pre-packaged one
  10. Double click LDDSetup.exe
  11. When it asks to install Flash, click yes

What I found was that the newly downloaded installer was used, and I was told I was either installing an old version of Flash or already had flash installed, and was given the option to download a newer installer from Adobe (maybe I downloaded an old installer?). I clicked through to download from Adobe, and the LDD installer continued as though the Flash installation was successful. The file associations seem to have worked as a result of this.

@yedda_2000

What's the operating system where you applied your procedure?
In Windows 10 1809 it seems there was no way to install the ActiveX Flash, both manually and through LDD. It always generates an error and fails.

Windows 10 here. I was getting the error, too, until I replaced the AcriveX Flash exe in the installer with a regular flash installer. It seems that perhaps the LDD installer doesn't receive a fail value during the install that way.

Thanks very much for this. It worked perfectly for me. Now, if only someone would update LDD so it doesn't make such insane choices about the build order........

Heya Fellas,
Try this solution,, After many tries, I've come to a solution to this problem that the Flash package is either not compatible with the Windows os or corrupted...
So you can try installing the latest version here ...

On 2/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, YashYadav said:

Heya Fellas,
Try this solution,, After many tries, I've come to a solution to this problem that the Flash package is either not compatible with the Windows os or corrupted...
So you can try installing the latest version here ...

Im done. Thank you very much

Here's a workaround for Windows 10
  1. Rename setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe to: setupldd-pc-4_3_11.zip
  2. Right click on setupldd-pc-4_3_11.zip and extract
  3. Delete this file: install_flash_player_active_x.exe
  4. Rename OpenGLChecker.exe to: install_flash_player_active_x.exe
  5. Run setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe
Edited by BlueBillCanada

On 5/25/2019 at 10:54 AM, BlueBillCanada said:
Here's a workaround for Windows 10
  1. Rename setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe to: setupldd-pc-4_3_11.zip
  2. Right click on setupldd-pc-4_3_11.zip and extract
  3. Delete this file: install_flash_player_active_x.exe
  4. Rename OpenGLChecker.exe to: install_flash_player_active_x.exe
  5. Run setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe

THANKS!! I achieved the installation of LDD again.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this topic

Edited by NicoLegoYus1419

So now we are up to the version 4.3.12 and the flash problem seem fixed.

However, with a fresh install from lego.com there is still a problem :

when I load a lxf file from the forum, ldd tell to me "tere is 450 pieces missing" and the model loaded is not complete.

Do somebody can help on this matter ?

57 minutes ago, LegoTT said:

Do somebody can help on this matter ?

4.3.12 solves the Flash issue but comes with an outdated bricks library AND is not able to update it afterwards.

Best is to keep 4.3.11: use one of the solutions in this thread to install it.

setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe  is not still available on the LEGO website,

I found another version which I trust but it have the same outdated library.

I'm scared to use download on filehorse.com, canadiancontent.net, en.lo4d.com and other stuff like that

Does anyone can add to this topic a safe setupldd-pc-4_3_11.exe ?