EKae

[LDD] Mortesv's CR90 corvette (reverse-engineered version)

@ecmo47: can you post a full picture of your progress? It appears to be going very well! Also, thanks for noticing the mistake and showing the fix!

With the robot arms: Mortesv actually used some LBG ones and some White ones, I may have put a few extra LBG ones on . . .

I really need to get ordering! ?

Edited by EKae

Hello!

I had some spare time, so I decided I would modify the Tantive LDD and make the other CR90 Atlas mentioned in one of the other forums.

It is seen in Rogue One, as well as Rebels:

cr90_from_rebels_and_rogue_one_for_eurobricks.png

Enjoy! I am still building the Liberator first . . . :)

@wmxproductions: I've found 25% of the CR90 parts from my collection, the same as you. I was wondering how much the orders cost you, because I'm debating on whether or not to try and make a large order.

I found a store that had about 55% of the parts, but was around $220. Luckily, the seller had a flash 50% off sale, so i was able to get it for only $120. I currently am holding on placing any more orders until Ecmo finishes his build.

Looks superb! Agree with your choice to go with the Liberator first. I think it will look amazing in real bricks, the engines should turn out well.

@EKae: Those pictures are pretty much all of my progress. I've just got the lower and middle engine mounting blocks complete and the middle row of engines. Just started that top sloped engine area when I had a stop and depart on a 4 day trip. I will not get back to building until late next week (4 May) .

I like the new coloration although I'm not sold on the tan engines. You must have used the part 6259 (Cylinder Half 2 x 4 x 4) vice the 85941 (Cylinder Half 2 x 4 x 5 with cutout). I thinking about a version with DBG engines although Dark Green would be an interesting possibility.

Edited by ecmo47

On 4/27/2017 at 7:40 PM, ecmo47 said:

Awww.....NUTS!!!

I just realized that I have been posting my building updates in the wrong thread!  This thread (in my opinion) should be specifically reserved for anything related to Mortesv's model and build once we get the plans. 

Moderators, if possible, I'd recommend that the last eight posts back to my 4/27/2017  at 7:40 PM post be moved over to EKae's CR-90 reverse engineered thread where they belong.

Sorry about the screw-up and resulting confusion.

Edited by ecmo47

@ecmo47 - I've moved the posts as requested. 

Great work by the way, it's always interesting to see this sort of project.  I've just started to collect the parts for a couple of mortesv's GR-75s recently and that's been quite a challenge, mainly due to the 167 different part types required!!  If the rumoured new UCS Falcon doesn't materialise by the autumn, I'm seriously debating building my own fleet... although sourcing the parts for the Nebulon B looks like a truly mammoth task! :look: 

@Lobot: Thanks for getting things back on track. I was in a hurry to post that info before going on a trip so over-looked that important detail.

@wmxproductions: Congrats on finding some bargain parts! I'll keep the progress reports going once I get back to building later this week. One part I'd like to get a bunch of is #87081 (4x4 round brick without pin hole in white) to replace a bunch of the 3 plate stacks of 4x4 round plates.

@EKae. On you latest color design, did you fix the airlock alignment problem? A few pages back. Mortesv noted that the side airlock tubes were not aligned with the vertical radar dish tower.  It looks like you did but its hard to tell from the angle you posted.

Edited by ecmo47

Had some time this morning to sketch out a simple engine exhaust idea that I have been thinking about to capture the prototype yellow that you see in the movies. Replace the trans-blue 3x3 radar dish (and the two 2x2 round plates) with part  #3941 (trans-yellow 2x2 round brick) and part #2654 (trans-yellow boat stud) both are very common and easy to find. 

34339320176_b87f056775.jpgEngine detail 3 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Also, in this picture, I've used part #87081 (4x4 round brick, no holes) to replace some of the stacks of 4x4 round plates.

@ecmo47 Nice! the only problem with this solution is the exhaust is smaller . . .

Yes, I did move the airlock to where it was supposed to be :)

Edited by EKae

@ecmo47 I am not sure what is going on with the amount of with 4x4 plates, I don't think I used that many to get the proper length.

The engine glow looks great - good colour :) Maybe a 3x3 trans clear or orange on top for size?

Received the parts for the Dornean Gunship today, and I have finished building it:

img_4210.jpg

With the fleet:

img_4212.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by EKae

I've just finished my build of this model, barring a few parts (levers, technic half-pins and robot arms, all in white) which are coming from Poland, hopefully sometime this month.

It cost about £150 for the white parts, minus some from my collection, and a few key grey pieces. I think I bought about half the model.

I didn't use the internals from EKae's build, so I can't comment on those, and I corrected some issues as I went along (starting with the one that ecmo47 flagged up a few posts ago).

I built some landing gear. The Rebels Concept Art for the Tantive IV showed the landing gear positions. I decided to move the gear under the engines to a more solid point.

Here is a shot showing the landing gear  - the stack of round bricks in the middle is the "passenger lift".

34280857001_8db90ce050_z.jpg

Here is the model beside my heavily modified UCS Falcon, for size comparison. The mini falcon is to scale with the Tantive IV.

34280856701_fb74bcbd3c_z.jpg

Edited by ScottishDave

Looking good ya'll! Can't wait to get back to building and hopefully be near done this weekend.

Thanks bricksmarlin. I forgot to mention - I used your photos of the escape pod section to build my own. Thank you for that - it was very helpful!

Thanks for the kind words. Thank you especially @EKae for taking the time and trouble to reverse-engineer this model - I really appreciate it.

@ScottishDave you are welcome. :) However, I would'nt have built such a thing if it were'nt for Mortesv, as I modeled mine off of his.