EKae

[LDD] Mortesv's CR90 corvette (reverse-engineered version)

@ScottishDave you're welcome :)

I actually had a look designing that landing gear. It shouldn't be too hard, but you may still need a few extra (transparent) legs for stability.

I opted not to have the landing gear, since mine is displayed flying through space :)

8 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

Alright! Somebody to compare building notes with!

I'm very happy to do so :-).

4 hours ago, wmxproductions said:

Quick question, is 4275 and 4276 concealed? Can we have them in any color? Also, is there any need for the 64 3941 in DBG since Mortesv spotted the flaw?

I wouldn't bother with the 3941 (round bricks): as Mortesv said, they aren't necessary.

The 4275/6 (old style flat hinges) show a little bit on the LXF (as you can see if you look closely) so ideally should be in white or grey if you insist on using them: but I think that the panels they attach are incorrectly positioned (should be closer to the center line) and I personally plan to do something else. What? I don't know yet.  "I'll think of something."

56 minutes ago, mortesv said:

@ScottishDave you're welcome :)

I actually had a look designing that landing gear. It shouldn't be too hard, but you may still need a few extra (transparent) legs for stability.

I opted not to have the landing gear, since mine is displayed flying through space :)

Each to their own! I probably won't get around to building the rest of the fleet this year, so in the meantime I'm opting for a slightly more "grounded" display.

I think I see what you mean about maybe needing an extra foot or two - it might be a little nose heavy. We'll see.

EKae designed the engines with 5x#3941 inside each engine as shown below. As Mortesv pointed out, these pieces do not add to the build and but do add unnecessary weight. So the bottom line is that, no, you do not need 55 of them.

33324336153_5d7064e879_z.jpgEngine detail 2 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

If your having trouble finding 68x#60474 (white 4x4 round plate) looks like you could easily substitute #6222 (White Brick, Round 4 x 4 with 4 Side Pin Holes and Center Axle Hole) for the stacks of 3 as shown in the black circle.

Edited by ecmo47

For the side panels you can use normal hinge bricks - wich will give a much narrower gap. Use door rails near the end to close the slightly larger gap there nicely :)

9 hours ago, mortesv said:

For the side panels you can use normal hinge bricks - wich will give a much narrower gap. Use door rails near the end to close the slightly larger gap there nicely :)

Thanks for the tip!

15 hours ago, mortesv said:

So your saying for hinges i can use 44301 and 44302 then use 32028 to cover them up?

If you use hinge bricks there should be no need to cover up. But I used a 1x2 door rail at the end of the panel.

Hello everybody....

I agree with mortes......use hinge bricks!

Here you can see my solution to attach the side panels.

If you attach the side panels like this there is no gap at all.

Hope you like it!

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/gallery/album/6667-blockade-runner/

gallery_8754_6667_349165.jpg

greetings

Steffen

Edited by bricksmarlin

I think I'll make a blue CR-90 from Rogue One/Rebels, as I kind of have a Rogue One/Rebels theme already going ( Hammerhead corvettes ).

Speaking of Rogue One/Rebels, I have made an LDD for a to-scale Dornean Gunship, based on the ones from Rogue One:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ekae/Star-Wars-Ships/my-fleet/dornean_gunship.png

This is a smaller ship, so I think I'll make one of these before I begin a blue CR-90.

Edited by EKae

Where did you find info on that ship? I spotted it on a Youtube clip and wondered what it was.

11 minutes ago, wmxproductions said:

Can you post a link to the LDD file?

It's in the very first post...

edit: I didn't realise you were referring to the build 3 posts up. Sorry.

Edited by bataleon

On 19.4.2017 at 0:04 AM, ScottishDave said:

1 x 4 x 5 half-cylinders. 22 required for the engines and barely any available. I substituted the older 1 x 4 x 4 cylinders and an extra 4x4 round white brick for each engine.

Hi ScottishDave...

The 2x4x4 cylinder (6259) is the correct part!

2x4x5 cylinder (85941) is the wrong part!

So everything is fine :wink:

13 hours ago, scythelt said:

Any ETA on those instructions Mortesv?

I'll let it be up to Cjd223 to give an ETA - he is a busy man and I don't want to pressure him :)

1 hour ago, bricksmarlin said:

Hi ScottishDave...

The 2x4x4 cylinder (6259) is the correct part!

2x4x5 cylinder (85941) is the wrong part!

So everything is fine :wink:

Thank you bricksmarlin, that's good to know. I see from your pictures that you used the shorter part, and it looks good.

Thank you also for the breakdown of the sides of the model: very helpful.

My bricks have all arrived, except for the white robot arms and levers from Poland, so I should be able to start building this weekend.

Does anybody know what CR-90s are in Rogue One - like the Liberator and the other star wars rebels CR-90s? I'm thinking about what blue version to build, but I want the Corvette that I build to be in Rogue One. I'm going to modify the Tantive in LDD, and I'll post a picture of the blue CR-90.

1 hour ago, ScottishDave said:

Thank you bricksmarlin, that's good to know. I see from your pictures that you used the shorter part, and it looks good.

Thank you also for the breakdown of the sides of the model: very helpful.

My bricks have all arrived, except for the white robot arms and levers from Poland, so I should be able to start building this weekend.

You are welcome!

There is a small square "deepening"???(hope this is correct) at the side/bottom of the cylinder! (at the 2x4x5 cylinder it's round and a little bit higher)

You can see on mortes pics that he used the same!

I also added a few more detailed pics from the side panel to my gallery.

Edited by bricksmarlin

1 hour ago, EKae said:

Does anybody know what CR-90s are in Rogue One - like the Liberator and the other star wars rebels CR-90s? I'm thinking about what blue version to build, but I want the Corvette that I build to be in Rogue One. I'm going to modify the Tantive in LDD, and I'll post a picture of the blue CR-90.

hi there, I did some detective work for you and where is what I found.

GmGt4AL.jpg

as you can see here, when the fleet arrives at scarif, one of the CR90s is unmistakably the Liberator. As of the end of season 3, the liberator survived the battle of atollon. So I'm going to assume that the liberator survives season 4 as well. In any case, even if it doesn't, a ship is painted exactly like it at Scarif so you can't go wrong.

The other interesting thing I found is this:

3BW8Lyx.jpg

further from the camera you can see another blue CR90, and like the Liberator, it exactly matches a ship that's appeared in Rebels. This one was one of the 3 corvettes that arrived at Mustafar in the season 1 finale. The other two were the Liberator and Ahsoka's corvette:

http://i.imgur.com/Sy78w6M.png

I just rewatched the end of the season 1 finale and the above corvette (blue neck and red accents) escaped unscathed along with the two previously mentioned. I don't have time to go through Rebels and find all the corvette kills, so as with the Liberator I'm going to say you're safe to build one in this scheme, even if it got destroyed (in season 1-3, can't verify yet) or will be destroyed (in s4), because both of these paint schemes appear at Scarif in R1.

Personally i would encourage you to go with the liberator - much more important ship, and I particularly like the placement of blue as well as the grey engine block.

i hope this was helpful!

Edited by atlas

Does anyone know what Nebulons were at the battle of Scarif? There are at least three separate ones, but I'm curious if the Redemption was there . . .

Any news on the CR90, ecmo47? Still waiting for parts? Beginning construction?

I'm still waiting on two overseas orders to arrive. I doubt I'll get much done until early May. I'm heading out next week on a short trip to visit my daughter in Memphis, Tenn. I'll let you know if I see Elvis hanging around! 

Here's what I have so far of the CR90 Liberator from Rogue One/Rebels:

cr90_corvette_liberator_eurobricks.png

Any suggestions?