paintballman

[GBW] - Supporting the war effort - Plantasea - Hell Legion Selection

Hi!

Congratulations! I was considering a similar build with other obstacles and I like your idea.

¡Olé! (Spanish expression meaning "very good").

Hats off to you, sir. This is an amazing build. I really like your choice to portray a training course, and it is all the much neater by your decision to include actual components of NATO training courses. The various obstacles and equipment is all well made and is easily identifiable. The use of dark tan helps add some detail to the ground, and you did a good job spacing the trees and bushes. I think my favorite part is the bell. The design is nice, and it's a fantastic detail to include in a special operations training area. 

Perhaps my favorite part of your story is the presentation. The effort you put into creating the comic-style pictures really pays off, and the first picture with all the profiles is really well done. Excellent attention to detail, all the way down to tape holding pictures in the files.

One suggestion is to fix the part behind the ladder. It's simply some plates with no details. It's not noticeable until the last picture, and you might consider either removing it, or if it is supposed to be a parade ground or open space, adding some detail to indicate as such (building facade behind it, flagpole, possibly a statue with a plaque, you get the idea). 

23 hours ago, sigpro said:

Hi!

Congratulations! I was considering a similar build with other obstacles and I like your idea.

¡Olé! (Spanish expression meaning "very good").

Thank you Miguel!

16 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Hats off to you, sir. This is an amazing build. I really like your choice to portray a training course, and it is all the much neater by your decision to include actual components of NATO training courses. The various obstacles and equipment is all well made and is easily identifiable. The use of dark tan helps add some detail to the ground, and you did a good job spacing the trees and bushes. I think my favorite part is the bell. The design is nice, and it's a fantastic detail to include in a special operations training area. 

Perhaps my favorite part of your story is the presentation. The effort you put into creating the comic-style pictures really pays off, and the first picture with all the profiles is really well done. Excellent attention to detail, all the way down to tape holding pictures in the files.

One suggestion is to fix the part behind the ladder. It's simply some plates with no details. It's not noticeable until the last picture, and you might consider either removing it, or if it is supposed to be a parade ground or open space, adding some detail to indicate as such (building facade behind it, flagpole, possibly a statue with a plaque, you get the idea). 

Thank you! I'm gald all the little details are noticeble. As for the empty part, it was not supposed to be there as I wanted just to add 32 stunds (a baseplate) to the 48x48. Your suggestion it is a good idea to cover such empty spaces in the future 

That's a nice training camp and well detailled ! I like all the bastards you are recruiting, you even put an apple on a Deland mercenary hand ! Great attention !

A very good job ! Congrats !

On 11/4/2017 at 7:10 PM, Faladrin said:

That's a nice training camp and well detailled ! I like all the bastards you are recruiting, you even put an apple on a Deland mercenary hand ! Great attention !

A very good job ! Congrats !

Thank you. I tried to be accurate with each soldier, from these I saw the other members showd here :)

You've Been Awarded (2) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

I'd recommend spacing the pictures out and not sticking more than 2 in a collage. A few times there were some things that I wanted to look at more closely but couldnt because the pictures were all grouped together in a fixed size. Not a bad build, could have used a little more finishing detail around the edges to clean things up a bit. The obstacle course looks comparable to what you usually see. Nice.    

Obstacle course, no problem there, got some detail, only so much you can do to replicate dirt, but strive for realism.  Make the pit a pit, be sure it's got some depth.  And aim the shooting range away from all the other people.  One stray round and there are some serious issues all of a sudden.  

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing and Have a Happy Easter!