Chassis is finished and in a few days I'll post them (needs stairs and rear mudguards). Delay in "evolution" is caused because in June here is a cherry time...

BTW what is the most common additional equipment on Unimogs?:look:

Finally I've managed to upload images of latest version of my Unimog U423 with short wheelbase. Axles are the same, but I have some idea to make axles narrower for one stud, but need to make it and see if it is strong enough,,,Here are images on latest version

800x600.jpg

you can see that other features remain the same like simple gearbox with two states

• one for driving front and rear pto and
  • one as power supply for additional attachments

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

you can see here e-motor "pretends" to be a fuel tank

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

cab tilting remains on model ...

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I have plan for implement but as I said already reconstruction of front axle is next step...:wink:

18 hours ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

There are lots of lost bricks in this topic :look:

...and there will be more with attachment that will follow in a future and because in the meantime I managed to stretch CLAAS tires few minimeters in diameter for one my future project so I can make some optimization on Unimog:wink:

My goal from the begining was to make it as simple as possible - and as light as possible. Bigger models are heavier and have significant stearing problems.

Edited by I_Igor

8 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

You mean XL motor, not this?

Nice model!

Thank you for your compliment. I have ony XL-motor which you can see in pictures above, but I'm satisfied with that one from 42030 set

22 hours ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

They are not lost but saved for future projects :grin:

12 hours ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

Look at the previous page, most of the pics are lost bricks..

I have removed some pictures from bricksafe. I'll edit previus posts and fix it...There is not usefull to show something what is obsolete. Later when model is completed I'll upload model pictures where you can see construction...

Thank you for looking after this topic :thumbup:

12 hours ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

Look at the previous page, most of the pics are lost bricks..

Hope that now is a little bit better, I'll upload images asap :wink:

On 25. lipnja 2017. at 0:06 AM, legotechnicisawesome said:

Now I have added some of the pictures that weer missing...

During process of redesigning front axle, I've notices that front chassis part is not sturdy enough and whole front part is wobbling...so I have to make it stronger and result is this

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

as you can see here front axle part was redesigning with four of this suspension arms

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15459&idColor=86

to make front axle less wobble.

After attaching a Cab I've realized that due to heavy front part of the truck Tires from black cat are to soft, so I had to make use of 62.4 Tire on 68.8 X 24 rimm and use parts like here in the photos to make even tire surface

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Next thing is to redesign the cab - need some small changes because of strengthened front chassis part.

Edited by I_Igor

...some progress on Unimog "attachment".

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by I_Igor

9 hours ago, MattL600 said:

What is the suspension used?

Hi Matt,

Suspension is like on real Unimog implement carrier - solid axles suspended by shock absorbers and coil springs and located by 4 longitudional links. If you can not see it on previus posts, then I'll make another one - both front and rear axle (I don't want to dissassemble Unimog) and upload images

Greetings down under

Edited by I_Igor

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Hi Matt,

Suspension is like on real Unimog implement carrier - solid axles suspended by shock absorbers and coil springs and located by 4 longitudional links. If you can not see it on previus posts, then I'll make another one - both front and rear axle (I don't want to dissassemble Unimog) and upload images

Greetings down under

Yes, could you make another one, I'm interested in a small suspension system.

Hi Matt,

front axle is like this; but with additional liftarms at the bottom to make it more sturdy

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

bottom view

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

so far I did not manage to recreate rear axle, but within few days I'll made it

Axles on Unimog have black parts as much as possible...

enjoy

@

On 10. srpnja 2017. at 1:49 PM, MattL600 said:

Yes, could you make another one, I'm interested in a small suspension system.

Matt,

here are images of rear axle as you asked me for. It is not a rebuild, but the one that I used in this model due to some changes to chassis with now integrated small e-motor as a fuel tank for longer version, but I'll upload images of truck not just axle asap, so you can see what I mean...

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Igor

17 hours ago, MattL600 said:

Ah I see, thanks man

No problem :wink:

Here is current state of this project which is very close to be finished. Probably tomorrow Unimog will be finished, because remaining things are very simple to make...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

As you can see I have switched back to longer wheelbase to integrate central differential...

Edited by I_Igor

Update time...

After some tweaking on axles and chassis, I've ended with this version which will be for longer period of time. I mean longer period because nothing lasts for ever. Chassis is 99% final version, and only thing that I have to finalize is tilting bed, so enjoy in photos (if you have time for this after reading 42070 set review by @Jim)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by I_Igor

54 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Look good, also thanks for sharing those pictures of the axles. Also, what happened to the attachment with outriggers? 

Thanks :sweet: Attachment with outriggers is in the box (plastic box for mostly red technic parts) because I can not make it low enough on chassis :cry2: and want them to be part of attachment and not as a chassis part.

So I hope to implement them on another Unimog that I've started few years ago, but did not have enough money for two additional Arocs for outriggers so model's chassis is partly finished... Thankfully now we have 42061 set, so I'll try to use them on U5023 Unimog... This one will have tilting bed and snow plow in future...currently is over 30 degrees celsius and in next days temperature will rise so no need for snow plow :laugh:

Fellow Eurobrickers,

this is the final stage of Unimog U423 Long wheelbase, as you can see 3 way tilting platform is finished (which is the most used "attachment" on Unimogs). Tilting platform solution is very similar to one that Michael Wirth - @efferman made (I found that later when searching the Internet for some better idea than mine with small Linear Actuator, he uses big one...) but only with small LA. so let the images talk for themself

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

As you can see when red switch is in back position it switched e-motor to Linear Actuator, and when it is switched in front position, e-motor powers on both front and read pto... In the future I'll try to make axles more narrow (have some prototypes for front axle, but everything at it0s time...) 

@schraubedrin you can check if my model is worthy by comparing it to one on Gaggenau area...despite they are now built in Wurth :wink:

Edited by I_Igor