efferman

[MOC] Liebherr R 926 Compact Litronic

That is some serious U-joint wizardry in that joint. One of the pairs is not aligned though, doesn't this give a non-uniform rotation speed?

Smart move to use the 2x2 plates with 1 pinhole to attach things with.:thumbup:

The sides do look a bit blocky, but TBH I have no idea how to improve on this, unless it is possible to build it studs up...

9 hours ago, efferman said:

edit: Stability is good, but iam not yet happy with the look

Not happy with the looks!? It has a damn smiley! What more do you want? :laugh:

In all seriousness, it looks really great so far. Both from a purely aesthetic viewpoint and a technical viewpoint (still can't believe you crammed so much in there). :thumbup:

Very impressive! I've been following this project from the start, it's interesting to see the design evolve slightly as it goes on.

You just need to learn the controls now! :wink:

Thanks. The poor steering is a firmware problem and for old guys like there are no updates available :laugh:

Looking very good! Excellent articulation. Even the blockiness of the first section of the beam is less apparent now that the whole beam is assembled. I was wondering whether it would look better if the second and third beam section are a bit higher (the yellow part I mean), so that they look a bit beefier. Or is the real life version also on the thin side?

Thank you very much

The second section should fit the real thing in my opinion and the third section will be a bit thicker than now when i have it done.

Smooth all around. The method you use to construct the third arm is interesting. How sturdy is it? Do you find that it can withstand a significant load?

Very nice. Good to see it's happy in its work at the end :laugh:! (1:55 the smiley face is seen on the back.) It almost looks like real clay-based soil, and is a good 'scale' even; I like the doubling up of the 42055 bucket too. How nearly finished is it? Just the few off-coloured parts to replace?

The last section needs a bit fine tuning, but everything else is except of wrong colours done. After the exhibition next week i will do this tuning.

This is a real master piece! It's so compact and still very functional! Well done :D

Edited by CrazyGijs

Something about Liebherr's colors just translate so well to Lego models! Would you mind showing a picture with the "side" panels off the arms so we can see the inner skeleton? There must be some pretty interesting ujoint wizardry to fit all of them inside.

Very smart! Great job how you put all LA's in the arm of the tiny excavator! It operates very good!

At this weekend the excavator can be seen at Absolut Steinchen in the Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg. The Entry is free and every Fan of Lego will have his pleasure at this convention. Beside of the huge Technic section there you can see, GBC, Monorail Basic Lego and Trains.

It was a small but gorgeous convention and i was very surprised about the stability of the 926. Two days it was played by kids and only one weakpoint was spotted.

34556501824_d397641f27_c.jpg

more pictures of the convention here

https://flic.kr/s/aHskXbZB27