Ashnflash

[MOC] Disney Collectable Minifigures Series

Oooooh nice to know you've got another Belle in the works .. and I LOVE the Mickey Mouse idea .. so obviously classic Mickey was in the first wave .. Steamboat Willie in the second ( brilliantly done in shades of grey I might add )  .. Sorcerer's Apprentice in the third .. looking forward to more and also the appearance of Clarabelle at some point ^_^ 

The 2 series are great, I'd take all of them for different reasons. About Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck, it's not a problem if they have accessories. They are adventurers, they could have a walkie-talkie, a camera and a book (The Junior Woodchucks of the World).

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

We don't even know when to expect a second series, if we even get one. :sceptic:

The second series is already posted:

On 1/6/2017 at 9:54 PM, Ashnflash said:

Hi there everyone! Here's my second MOC! 

Disney CMF Series 3 Checklist

While I desperately hope we get more Disney CMFs and mostly love your character selection, I feel compelled to point out that in the first actual wave, the characters came in pairs (with the exception of Stitch and Maleficent, who can be considered bonus minifigs bringing the total to 18 instead of the usual 16). Mickey goes with Minnie, Buzz goes with the Alien, Ariel goes with Ursula, etc. I would expect LEGO to follow suit with future waves, since it probably helps to edge casual Disney fans into the whole "collection" aspect. I think your waves would come across a bit more "authentic" if you arranged them the same way.

On another note entirely, you've made the "accessory" for some of your minifigs a small associated character. I hate to say it, but I suspect that would be Right Out with the official waves. Back when the first one came out, people wondered why they hadn't done that with some of the characters, and I speculated it might be part of the licensing agreement, i.e. Disney gives LEGO permission to put 18 characters, period, in this line of toys. An "accessory" that was another recognizable character would be cheating.

If you're just spit-balling for your own personal wishlist, I withdraw the above critiques.

@Karalora Hi there! I really appreciate your input and opinions! This is all just for my personal wishes and things that id like to draw. As for the accessories I definitely understand your comment as a lot of people have pointed it out to me.

As for the formula I think I did my best to keep it the similar by having characters come in pairs. I decided that every wave would include 1 Mickey, 1 classic Disney character, 1 Toy Story Character, 1 100 Acre Wood character. Also I tried by best to have the same amount of villains as the first wave. Also for my second series I wanted to complete some of the characters like Stitch who was by themselves.

Anyways again, thanks for the input! I really appreciate it!

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The second series is already posted:

Oops, I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the official cmf series since the moc was already numbered with 2 and 3 xD. My bad

8 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

When can we expect a third series?

Sorry just saw this. I have plans for like the next 8 xD But unfortunately it's just hard to find free time right now to work on them. Glad there's an interest though ?

I like your illustrations, but they do have one glaring problem. You seem to have a bad tendency to make the hair and headpieces really thin and low to the Head, when in reality the you'd need more thickness in the new hairmolds to make sure they don't break. I think this will also help some of them look a little more authentically "Lego". Finn and Gaston are particularly good examples of this; I doubt their hair would even cover the peg if they were genuine plastic. Your bodies are perfect so the hair stands out as an issue.

Are you using a minifigure template this time? Checking out what you've shown on Flickr so far, it looks like such an improvement! Heck, it looks just as good as @Robert8's work! :thumbup: :grin:

Link of flickr?

Edited by cebelicamya
Nevermind found it. Is there any way you can delete a post, there is no delete sign only edit?

1 minute ago, cebelicamya said:

Link of flickr?

Just click on any of his posted pictures here on this topic, and his Flickr photostream is linked within his username as shown below the image. :classic:

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Are you using a minifigure template this time? Checking out what you've shown on Flickr so far, it looks like such an improvement! Heck, it looks just as good as @Robert8's work! :thumbup: :grin:

Thanks so much! I wanted to make them look more real! Really appreciate it! 

1 minute ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

That's beautiful! 

I don't recognize number 7&8. Who are they?

Thanks so much! 7 is Sark and 8 is Tron from the movie TRON 

35 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Thanks so much! 7 is Sark and 8 is Tron from the movie TRON 

Oh... I see, thanks.

I'm surprised no inside out characters made it in yet.

43 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Oh... I see, thanks.

I'm surprised no inside out characters made it in yet.

Ouu that would be a good idea! Totally forgot that was a movie xD 

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Excellent work, your rendering for this series looks great! I really like how both Tron and Sark turned out! :thumbup:

Thanks friend :)