Sign in to follow this  
teljesnegyzet

[MOC] History of LEGO Castle

33761248105_27260c80b8_c.jpg

I already had the concept of "little castles from different subthemes" last year, but I didn't have the time to build it. Not long ago, I realised that the Yellow Castle will be 40 years old in 2018.
I've put the two things together, and created a Lego Ideas project to commemorate this anniversary of the Castle theme.

The concept of this MOC is similar to the 4002016 set: recreate some of the iconic castles of the Lego Castle history in smaller size. I've chosen a castle set from each decade from the 1970s to the 2010s and created a little tower that resembles that set.

33632200351_904b08cceb_c.jpg

It was built in LDD and rendered in Bluerender. It was the first time I tried Bluerender, and I'm quite satisfied with it, but the texturing of the missing minifig and shield decals was pretty time consuming.

You can see more pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149157518@N03/albums/72157680073276641

If you like my MOC, please support it on Lego Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/171709

Wonderful MOC. I love the subtle details in each build, including even the change in torch styles between the 90's and 2000's. 

Almost forgot that the Yellow Castle turns 40 next year, I hope they'll make a set to commemorate it.

2 hours ago, YeOldeAnimations said:

Hey, cool little MOC . . . though I would not call Nexo "Lego Castle" ;)

The designers of the theme have confirmed it as such. :wink:

Edited by BrickJagger

12 hours ago, TheLunabrick said:

What about Knights Kingdom 2?

The main concept for this MOC is one tower per decade. Although I also like the amazing technicolor knights of Knights Kingdom 2, I think that Fantasy Era has a better concept with its fantasy elements, so I've chosen that for the 2000s.