DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

Great, thanks everyone for your valuable feedback! Now I feel 100% comfortable to continue the build :classic: Really nice to see that after a while this thread is still alive, others are also in the process of building this and we can still ask questions here (and receive answers!). Besides that, I actually learned something today about cars/suspensions/torsion bars... I Googled it a bit and now it all makes sense!

Awesome build so far (only at page 34...), can't wait to finish it! :sweet:

Just getting into this build. Great instructions, as usual from Thorsten. BTW, I also had concerns/binding on main step 10 with the 24 tooth gear being very close to the square frame. It rubs going one way. Even with the cutouts oriented up.  Have to just ever so slightly file the sharp edge. 

Anyway, curious how tight the gears should be on step 27?  They are pretty tight with the 12 and 20 tooth gears?

enjoying so far!

Just wanted to say I'm done with this build, and if I could, I would give Dugald a standing ovation.  This was a really great build, with great / intricate frame/mechanics design and just beautiful panel / body work.  Everything fit together so nice.  This is a beautiful car.  Thanks for the design.  Really love this.

Edited by jeffmcclain

5 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Woah! I really like the color combo on this version. Especially with the lights! Very nice....

I did too.  Wish I could take credit for it, but I just attempted to duplicate ones I saw from RaceMaenz video.  I had to wing how to get the fog lights mounted, but it fell out pretty easily.

Hello,

Does anyone know where i can find the instruction and the part list of this Aston Martin?

The MOC isnt on Rebrickable, probably it was deleted?

Thanks and Regards,

Seely

Does anybody know why this is not on rebrickable anymore? I was collecting parts for this...

Could anyone help me for a partnumberslst for this amazing build?

Edited by onzenuub

In the Instructions on the last pages you will find it. I also didnt find another part list.

8 hours ago, Seely said:

In the Instructions on the last pages you will find it. I also didnt find another part list.

There is a part list, only no part numbers, that list is also gone from rebrickable..

I dunno whether anyone is still reading this, but it seems that both versions of the instructions say '404 page not found' or something when I click into it. Does that mean the instructions are no longer available? 

2 hours ago, Supercar Enthusiast said:

I dunno whether anyone is still reading this, but it seems that both versions of the instructions say '404 page not found' or something when I click into it. Does that mean the instructions are no longer available? 

This link quoted up just worked for me : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B72WPPKOe7GGV3M1RUMxRmV0eVU/view?usp=sharing

Built this beast some years ago, so yeah, the pictures are heavily overdue, but better late than never :pir_tong2:

It was a fantastic build I remember and all functionalities worked splendidly! I built a few of these large LEGO cars, but this one is still my favorite! I think I basically followed Thorsten's great instructions, just added the door locks.

Just wanted to share some pictures which I uploaded on my Bricksafe page:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Lego_GBC_NL/other-lego/aston-martin-vantage-gt3-dugaldic---2017

Thanks to anyone involved in creating this wonderful MOC and sharing the instructions!

IMG_0904.JPG

I am rebuilding this car again and as I’m buildiing this car has some amazing building techniques. I’ve built over a hundred cars in all scales and this one is my favourite. Thanks Doug and Thorsten again for your awesome design and instructions!

Thanks for the parts list. Just 3 parts numbers require updating.

x71 change to 70902

2 parts - x346 change to 41669