DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

One final comment:  

• Page 215, callout step 1:  the orange 1x2 liftarm should be one with a pin hole and axle hole.  This one does not exist in orange I believe.
    (Same goes for page 220, same step for the other side of the car)

I really must say, it's a stunning car.  Very well done!

img_1424.jpg

More pics here

16 hours ago, Therion said:

One final comment:  

• Page 215, callout step 1:  the orange 1x2 liftarm should be one with a pin hole and axle hole.  This one does not exist in orange I believe.

Looks great! Thanks for sharing, all your pieces look so new it looks great. :wub:

I don't know if anyone has built both this and Jeroen's DB-11, but it would be great to see them together.  I could render them together if I had the LDraw file.

On 8/7/2017 at 4:07 AM, Therion said:

One final comment:  

More pics here

Wow... Fantastic photo. It does look great with new Lego pieces. :wub:

Here you go.  I was a little surprised at how different these look given that they are both orange Aston Martins in the same scale.

800x399.jpg

@Blakbird thanks for the render comparison. It's awesome to see them side by side and despite being very similar cars they do look very different. You wouldn't happen to have any more angles and or renders of just my GT3 it looks awesome, thanks! :wub:

Today red Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake was announced :classic:

Who'll be the first to build?

2 hours ago, Aleh said:

Today red Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake was announced :classic:

Who'll be the first to build?

I know, yesterday it was announced. I'm a car geek, so every time I wake up I check car news.

I would love to, but it is out of my parts range, ( I have only a few body panels in red.).

1 hour ago, DugaldIC said:

@Blakbird Thank you sooo much, those look incredible! 

Don't forget to check out the larger versions of each at Bricksafe.

This looks awesome! Can't wait to start building this. Also nice to see such successful collaboration between different people designing, making photo sequence and video instructions, building the model digitally, pdf instructions, uploading all to Rebrickable, making the renders, people testing and providing corrections to make it all perfect! That's so nice to see! Also I really like Lego MOCs that combine electrical and pneumatic functions. Thanks to everyone for making this available to all of us Lego fans out there, must have been a lot of work you put into this project!

I don't own an official Lego 42056-1 set yet, so I'll need to buy one first and then use the functionality on Rebrickable to know which additional parts to order from Bricklink. I've got one question regarding the use of the BuWizz. I have lots of unused Power Functions parts lying around and my phone is from the year 350 A.D. :tongue: I'm pretty sure my phone won't be compatible with the BuWizz software (also didn't work with SBrick) and I noticed that a BuWizz isn't cheap. I read a comment from Thorsten50 on Rebrickable saying it's possible to replace the BuWizz with a PF rechargeable battery box and two IR receivers, then using the normal PF remote controls instead of a phone.

Has this been tested by anyone who designed/(re)built the model? Is it possible? I'm considering both space limitations as well as functionality. Seems the BuWizz is 8x4x3, while a PF battery box is 8x4x4, so there's already a difference there. Then, we also have the two extra IR receivers, taking up even more space. Where should the receivers be placed? On top of the battery box? I guess the black roof panel will be in the way, should this part of the roof be constructed differently so the receivers will fit and the roof can still be closed? Also thinking about the extra cables (from receivers to battery box).

In terms of functionality I guess there'll be no issue with regards to driving (2x XL) and steering (servo), but I'm a bit worried when it comes to the 4 speed sequential gearbox (M motor). Will this work when using an IR receiver and IR remote control? Does this have the same impact as a BuWizz or is the BuWizz/software used in a different way (programming, giving commands, speed, rotation/degrees etc.). Sorry to ask, but I have no experience/knowledge when it concerns a BuWizz and I'd like to be sure before starting to buy parts :grin:

Looking forward to the opinions of the experts! :sweet:

Thanks again for this wonderful piece of machinery!!

I think that two Buwizz is the best idea. You get all the power and can control many motors for different functions with any loss especially if you keep the phone app at he normal setting. It would be a good investment for any power user!!

This is a marvelous piece! So beautiful. I am looking at it for two days, and I just wish to have a bit more footage. Damn these videos are well made, but so short.

There is also another video available here:

May I a shoot a couple of questions?

- How is the suspension coping? It looks a bit tight on the videos.

- Is a single BuWizz enough to power this beast? Could someone post a video with it at full speed please?

Thank you all