DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

I am speachless. What a bodywork... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Can You present the rigidity of it as well, please?

It is a pity on the other hand, that it is so well covered, that nothing can be seen from the not less interesting chassis - which I like a lot, actually even more than the bodywork. :tongue:

Most LEGO Technic cars wear clothes with patches and holes, some are dressed more neatly than usual, but this one definitely wears a suit. Congratulations on a job well done!

Edited by Didumos69

6 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

I just got back from @Lox Lego where we were able to get some pics of the final result, no time for footage this weekend but hopefully soon!

Video edit coming soon, with teardown to follow :wink:

One of the top 3 best looking Technic cars ever.

I will add it to HOF in next HOF update.

I am kinda dissapointed....  

You finished this allready...

What a great build! Sincerly.. so awesome.. both the build and the end result! Instant HOF imo. 

Fantastic supercar you have made there in such a short time :wub:! Superb looking bodywork! My favorite part is the angled front fender :thumbup::thumbup:. And I prefer your custom 12 cylinder engine above the standard pistons – it fits perfectly in scale – just MO.

This MOC has some shortcomings which can be easily be overlooked, using many unconventional techniques. Who cares, I don´t wanna talk about, rather enjoy the result.

The fact alone you are being compared with Crowkillers is quite an achievement you can be proud of. BTW – I like your Aston way more than his Scorpion, no matter what parameters can be compared or not and who is saying whatever in favor or not.

You may ask @Thorsten50 to make building instructions for this one. I´d be highly interested to have an insight into some details.

Can´t wait the video!

Continued to follow your build and the outcome is really satisfying by every meaning. After reading @Meatman's comment I had a look on google to check the engine bay of the real one and I don't see the problem. By proportion your solution is much closer to the reality than the standard lego engine would be. Overall it is a well recognizable model from every angle, one of the best captured bodywork ever. (for me at least) :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Kmuffin said:

Yeaaaah! Just put this into hall of fame already.

Haha thanks, that would be an honour! 

7 hours ago, Meatman said:

Probably the best looking supercar in technic history. You have taken the panels from the Porsche and turned them into something new and fresh. But....... The build structure is very sketchy all around. I think that you are rushing to get your models completed and need to take more time. Your roof and front windscreen have no support. I also feel that you should also have not used that small scale engine for a large 1/8 scale car and instead used the standard cylinders. They would have been perfect for a car of this scale.

Thanks! I appreciate your praise and your concern. To help clarify a few things for you, the front windshield area no matter how many times I tried to add support to it,  it never looked right however the roofline is very strong and doesn't change shape or move (thanks to the roof support I secured it to which is very strongly secured to the chassis) it's actually the easiest ways to pick the car up, the small engine has multiple reasons as well but Aston actually makes very compact V12s and it's sitting very closely positioned to the real car 

2017-05-13_12-59-32

(Notice how the engine starts around the front strut towers). Also it may not look like it but everything is connected for the most part much better than you would think, almost all panels are locked solid in place however to keep with the very clean lines there are few exceptions. 

7 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I have been following this topic the in the last several weeks, this is one of the absolute best-ever Lego Technic supercars! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! :wub_drool:  It seems Crowkiller has a rival... :wink:

Thanks :thumbup:! I don't like to think I'm competition to anyone as everyone has their own style but I'm very honoured you'd compare me to such likes as Crowkillers, so thank you, I'm very glad you like it!  

8 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

It is looking gorgeous indeed.:wub: But I do have the same reservations as @Meatman has on the inner structures. Then again, we all have our buildingstyles and there is no reason to prefer one over the other really. It may feel a bit rushed,but it is amazing what you can come up with in just a month of bodysculpting. So wel done:thumbup:

Thanks so much Jeroen, I'm glad you're pleased with the finished product. I feel the same way you do and I feel everyone has their own build style! Mine may not be everyone's ideal style but it's how I build. Also this is my first big project and first scaled car so I still have loads to learn :thumbup:!  Also you'll see above that I addressed a few of meatmans concerns if you're curious! 

8 hours ago, agrof said:

I am speachless. What a bodywork... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Can You present the rigidity of it as well, please? It is a pity on the other hand, that it is so well covered, that nothing can be seen from the not less interesting chassis - which I like a lot, actually even more than the bodywork. :tongue:

I will be doing so in the video footage for the car! I do like the chassis and hence my full video and pictures of just the framework :tongue:! Hopefully you haven't lost your voice for too long haha! 

7 hours ago, Jurss said:

What a great build!

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Most LEGO Technic cars wear clothes with patches and holes, some are dressed more neatly than usual, but this one definitely wears a suit. Congratulations on a job well done!

Thanks Didumos, that means a lot. Did it shape up better than you had thought after seeing the framework? 

7 hours ago, Milan said:

One of the top 3 best looking Technic cars ever.

I will add it to HOF in next HOF update.

Unreal Milan, I'm ecstatic! Thank you soo much, I'm honoured :blush::wub::classic:!! 

7 hours ago, Sylvian said:

I am kinda dissapointed....  You finished this allready...What a great build! Sincerly.. so awesome.. both the build and the end result! Instant HOF imo. 

Haha thanks, and just before you could post Milan has made it HOF incredible! I'm glad you were enjoying the WIP as much as I had! 

6 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Fantastic supercar you have made there in such a short time :wub:! Superb looking bodywork! My favorite part is the angled front fender :thumbup::thumbup:. And I prefer your custom 12 cylinder engine above the standard pistons – it fits perfectly in scale – just MO.

This MOC has some shortcomings which can be easily be overlooked, using many unconventional techniques. Who cares, I don´t wanna talk about, rather enjoy the result.

The fact alone you are being compared with Crowkillers is quite an achievement you can be proud of. BTW – I like your Aston way more than his Scorpion, no matter what parameters can be compared or not and who is saying whatever in favor or not.

You may ask @Thorsten50 to make building instructions for this one. I´d be highly interested to have an insight into some details.

Can´t wait the video!

Wow thank you, I'm in awe of all the kinda comments from all the big dogs on Eurobricks! I'm glad you like it! It's been a very long build process (for me at least, framework more so than bodywork) so I'm glad to see my efforts payed off in playing close attention to the shape and detail of the vehicle! I wouldn't ask but am very honoured that Thorsten has offered! :blush::sweet:

4 hours ago, Thorsten50 said:

This looks wonderful.  Congratulations!
 I would make the instructions if you wills

Incredible, thanks Thorsten! I'll keep you posted with the teardown progress, you rock! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Attika said:

Continued to follow your build and the outcome is really satisfying by every meaning. After reading @Meatman's comment I had a look on google to check the engine bay of the real one and I don't see the problem. By proportion your solution is much closer to the reality than the standard lego engine would be. Overall it is a well recognizable model from every angle, one of the best captured bodywork ever. (for me at least) :thumbup:

Why thank you Attika! I worked very hard to get the shaping right, and amazingly only scaled the basics like height, length, width and roof position almost everything else I freehanded and built by eye, which amazingly payed off and everything is very close to how it's supposed to be :wink: however still a huge shout out to @Sariel and his scaler was a life saver making sure i had everything in place while building the framework! 

Edited by DugaldIC

Gorgeous model. If you're looking for another challenge, I know just the thing :) Aston Martin Vulcan please.

When you told me several months ago what you were doing, I NEVER imagined this amazing outcome.  Although most people don't know, I know the many months you spent on just the chassis.

I very much look forward to seeing it next week up close!  It is a masterpiece esthetically! :wub:

Very worthy to be in the HOF

Congrats on finishing it up.

3 hours ago, Sariel said:

Gorgeous model. If you're looking for another challenge, I know just the thing :) Aston Martin Vulcan please.

Thanks Sariel! It's funny you mention that car as I was considering it before the GT3,  it won't be my next build but definitely a future project! 

2 hours ago, technic_addict said:

When you told me several months ago what you were doing, I NEVER imagined this amazing outcome.  Although most people don't know, I know the many months you spent on just the chassis.

I very much look forward to seeing it next week up close!  It is a masterpiece esthetically! :wub:

Very worthy to be in the HOF

Congrats on finishing it up.

Thanks, and thanks for your help/support along the way! I'm glad you like it, I'm curious to see it up on the wall next to the rest of your amazing mocs! :thumbup: 

I'm genuinely lost for words, I think it's the most beautiful technic supercar I've ever seen. 

Excellent work!

I was a silent follower of this project , until now :tongue:

I am Speechless. What an amazing car.!! Congrats!! Realy like the front and how everything flows there. The lack of a structure on the windscreen could be a "con" but Its a matter of taste :wink:. Defintely, watching the final result and how you made it in 1 month (!) push me to finish my project.

Keep it up Dugal! and of course HOF

18 hours ago, sm1995 said:

I'm genuinely lost for words, I think it's the most beautiful technic supercar I've ever seen. Excellent work!

Why thank you! It seems a lot of people can't talk right now, I hope everything's okay :tongue:

13 hours ago, Jonfensu said:

I was a silent follower of this project , until now :tongue:

I am Speechless. What an amazing car.!! Congrats!! Realy like the front and how everything flows there. The lack of a structure on the windscreen could be a "con" but Its a matter of taste :wink:. Defintely, watching the final result and how you made it in 1 month (!) push me to finish my project.

Keep it up Dugal! and of course HOF

Thanks, the front windscreen seems to be a issue for some. However any structure added to it would take away from the looks, the roof is so strongly secured fo the roof support I didn't find haveing bracing at front add any real benefit! What is it that you're working on? 

9 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

Wow what an amazing car...it will be an honor to add this to my car collection. Thanks for all your hard work!!

Thanks, it'll be cool to have something I created being made all over the world! I hope it looks fitting among your collection :classic:

Wow, this is an amazing final product. I really like how you guided us along the way of you building it, with lots of updates. The front end captures the Aston shape perfectly. I'm excited to see what you start next!

8 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Wow, this is an amazing final product. I really like how you guided us along the way of you building it, with lots of updates. The front end captures the Aston shape perfectly. I'm excited to see what you start next!

Thanks, that front end was a nightmare but I finally got it :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Lego2016Lego said:

Your car will be going on thelegocarblog.

Where I asked them (go to the bottom) https://thelegocarblog.com/feedback-submission-suggestions-2/ 

Thanks, I'm glad you like it but there's no need to go talking to them on my behalf. From what I understand the Lego car blog people are on eurobricks all the time and aren't a fan of follower suggestions. It was a nice thought though. 

Wonderful creation! Those curved panels do the job.

My only nitpick is that the hood should open the other way round I think.

I am curious what will be your next build. Do you have some list of your planned projects? Do you take any suggestions :classic:?

Edited by tomek9210

3 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

I am curious what will be your next build. Do you have some list of your planned projects? Do you take any suggestions :classic:?

Maybe @VKTechnic could get to suggest your next car?

I absolutely loved watching this build progress and what a gorgeous model you have built Dugald! The smoothness is absolutely mesmerizing, and the speed at which your builds improve is astounding. I remember when you first joined the forum and thinking that your builds were interesting but not much to talk about, but now they are amazing! You are certainly at the same level as some of the greats when it comes to body shaping.

15 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

Thanks, I'm actually very surprised you're the first person to catch onto that. I prefer the hood opening forward though like on the One 77 and was part of my decision to have to flip forwards instead! I don't have a list per say but I do have a mental note of vehicles I love and would like to build at somepoint, I'm thinking of doing a Nissan skyline R32 or R34 gtr in HOG as my first ever manual model next... Possibly! 

12 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Maybe @VKTechnic could get to suggest your next car?

Maybe, if he has any good suggestions I'd definitely consider :wink:

8 hours ago, John Daniels said:

I absolutely loved watching this build progress and what a gorgeous model you have built Dugald! The smoothness is absolutely mesmerizing, and the speed at which your builds improve is astounding. I remember when you first joined the forum and thinking that your builds were interesting but not much to talk about, but now they are amazing! You are certainly at the same level as some of the greats when it comes to body shaping.

Well thanks, I'm glad you've noticed the progression in my builds, this is the first time I ever properly sat down and took my time with a model and I'm glad it payed off! There will be plenty more builds to come, I just hope I can keep up the same level on all my following builds :blush: