DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

14 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Working on the front end, I'm staring to get a shape that I like! Things to do still are clean up behind the lights/add lights, and a grill behind the opening and fill in a few odd spots but it's getting there :tongue:

2017-05-01_10-25-22

I am just astonished when looking at this Aston technic replica. It looks so real! How you managed to make the head lights and tail lights, along with the adjustable wing (but those mirrors should be improved) makes this look better than most of Sariel's creations! Maybe even more Lego-like than his Pagani Huayra!

2017-05-04_09-45-472017-05-04_09-46-162017-05-04_09-48-492017-05-04_09-48-18

Another little update, Ive tried driving it for the first time in a while and it's still good. Drives well in all gears but shifting while driving is a little finicky. The majority of the bodywork is done, things remaining: fill in little odds and ends like the front grill, temporary mirrors (not sold on the "Porsche mirrors"), connect front lights and tuck em away, tidy up the engine bay, make door panels, secure the front end a little better. Phew, it's getting there! :laugh:

I was very inspired by this and am mostway through the chassis of a gt3 car. I will show progress tomorrow.

Ps, thanks for inspiration!!!

I can't wait to see what it will be like when it's finished! I think you should definitely change the name of the car though. To me, it looks like a Vantage GT3 or DBR9 with the Lego Technic treatment. Putting this on Lego Ideas would be a good idea too. I really want The Lego Group to consider this!

@Aventador2004 I'm glad I inspired you, I'm curious how it turns out!

@StudRobotics I plan on changing the name when it's all done and completed! You're very correct though, I've been going for a Vantage GT3 look :wink:! Also putting it on Lego ideas isn't a half bad idea, maybe when it's all done? I'd be curious to see what they think! 

9 hours ago, technic_addict said:

I think it looks awesome @DugaldIC

Thanks Technic Addict! Hopefully you'll see it soon. 

4 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Incredible. Bravo. 

:blush: thanks! Haha 

Edited by DugaldIC

25 minutes ago, IA creations said:

My jaw droped faster than a space shuttle from space :grin: Just a wow creation !!!!

Physically impossible, unless your jaw was being influenced by an outside force, or the muscles around your jaw had been modified or stimulated in such a way that they could perform the action of lowering your jaw faster then its usual rate. At the most, I could get my jaw moving at 20 miles per hour. that pretty fast, (for a jaw, but not space shuttle speed)...  (I analysed a test video).

Just Kidding.  :grin:  (The stats are true, though... 

The shaping of the hood is so original. It really adds flare To this sleek design. Very excited to film a video edit in the coming weeks...

3 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Thanks Technic Addict! Hopefully you'll see it soon.

I look forward to seeing it up close!

For any Canadians in the GTA who would also like to meet up with a few Technic builders like Dugald and Lox, send one of us a PM for details.

@IA creations I hope your jaws alright :wink:! @Myers Lego Technic you crack me up haha, the litteracy taken... Too far :laugh:

@Driftworks thanks. It's still coming and work to be done but it's coming! 

Speaking of which yea @Lox LegoI can't wait to get a proper edit done, it's been a long time in the making! 

3 hours ago, technic_addict said:

I look forward to seeing it up close!

For any Canadians in the GTA who would also like to meet up with a few Technic builders like Dugald and Lox, send one of us a PM for details.

For sure, anyone in the GTA or around the area, all three of us get together every so often and it would be cool to see if there's any other technic builders or fans in and around the area. It'd be cool to hear from you, PM us for details! 

2017-05-05_10-42-19

The finalization stage. Phew it's been quite the project, my favourite to date by far! :thumbup:

wow.... the shaping of this car is near perfect.  There are hardly any gaps.  Wonderful to look at.  Cant wait for final product and video of performance.  

Defenitely one of the most enjoyable builds to follow here lately,. And damn, it surely is getting there!

13 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

wow.... the shaping of this car is near perfect.  There are hardly any gaps.  Wonderful to look at.  Cant wait for final product and video of performance.  

Thanks! It means a lot, I've really been going for that covered look. :thumbup: hopefully it won't be too long before a final shoot/footage! Hopefully it'll do this build justice. 

10 hours ago, Polo-Freak said:

Best Technic Aston - WOW :thumbup:

Thanks man, Appreciate it! 

7 hours ago, Sylvian said:

Defenitely one of the most enjoyable builds to follow here lately,. And damn, it surely is getting there!

Why yes yes it is, I'm currently in the middle of tying up a few odds and ends right now actually!  This is where I'm at, 

2017-05-06_12-36-11

Just out of curiosity how many of you would actually consider building this? Just curious if I should be taking the time to do a photo teardown? It would be an awfully difficult process with this size/technical build. Dimensions are 18 tall, 29wide and 74 long weighing in at 6.15 pounds! I'm guessing 3000 parts or so. Let me know your thoughts! 

1 hour ago, DugaldIC said:

Thanks! It means a lot, I've really been going for that covered look. :thumbup: hopefully it won't be too long before a final shoot/footage! Hopefully it'll do this build justice. 

Why yes yes it is, I'm currently in the middle of tying up a few odds and ends right now actually!  This is where I'm at,

image removed

Just out of curiosity how many of you would actually consider building this? Just curious if I should be taking the time to do a photo teardown? It would be an awfully difficult process with this size/technical build. Dimensions are 18 tall, 29wide and 74 long weighing in at 6.15 pounds! I'm guessing 3000 parts or so. Let me know your thoughts! 

Count me in 100% I want to build this? I shared your progress in a lego technic group on Facebook and others are also wanting to building

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image from previous post.

1 hour ago, DugaldIC said:

Just curious if I should be taking the time to do a photo teardown? It would be an awfully difficult process with this size/technical build. Dimensions are 18 tall, 29wide and 74 long weighing in at 6.15 pounds! I'm guessing 3000 parts or so. Let me know your thoughts! 

Count me in too, especially if most of the parts come from the Porsche set!

6 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

image removed

Would be awsome buddy!!!

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image from few posts back.

Guys, don't quote images from one or two posts back, it clogs the page. Thanks.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:25 PM, DugaldIC said:

@Aventador2004 I'm glad I inspired you, I'm curious how it turns out!

btw here it is so far, hope to not hijack. if so, sorry.

Spoiler

IMG_1803.JPG

Edited by Aventador2004

Nice project, it's fun to see the Porsche panels get reused in other builds. The end result looks very good! 

On 2017-5-6 at 0:59 PM, Kalps1811 said:

Count me in 100% I want to build this? I shared your progress in a lego technic group on Facebook and others are also wanting to building

That's cool, do you mind sharing a link to that post? I'm curious of the feedback from it. 

On 2017-5-6 at 2:34 PM, emielroumen said:

Count me in too, especially if most of the parts come from the Porsche set!

Alright, awesome. I'm sure there's a lot more orange than the Porsche but I believe it would be a good start! 

22 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Assuming nothing outrageously priced or rare that I don't have,  I would build it.

I don't think there's anything too outrageous, I don't even think I used any orange #3 connectors on this build! 

16 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Nice project, it's fun to see the Porsche panels get reused in other builds. The end result looks very good! 

Thanks! I wanted to build something that didn't look like I was copying the Porsche (or Jeroens DB11) in any way by using them. I think I've managed okay! 

2017-05-07_02-41-58

The fronts done before a few finishing touches for the final edit :wink:

Edited by DugaldIC