DugaldIC

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (instructions and parts list now available, thank you Thorsten50)

Dugald, I like your style very much, even if some techniques are like dancing on the tightrope! Although everybody and yourself can´t wait the end result, take your time :wink: ...

Thanks @Didumos69 I've been working hard to get this build right and I think @Lox Lego is right about why I've come so far and so quickly. It's helpful having someone close by to bounce ideas off of! 

8 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

That panel usage is crazy! I can't wait to see the front grill :)

Thanks, I'm actually quite nervous about the front end. I think that's part of the reason I finished off the back end first :sceptic: haha, hopefully it turns out just as clean as the back has! 

7 hours ago, Attika said:

one word to sum up this build: ASTONISHING :wink:

Haha I like that, it's pretty punny of you! I'm glad this has ended up peaking enough of you interest to let me know. Let's hope the rest shapes up to your hopes for it! 

4 hours ago, IA creations said:

That looks awesome ! Amaizing car right there :D

Thanks! I'm glad you like the progress so far

1 hour ago, Kmuffin said:

That rear end looks sick can't wait to see the front done

Thanks! However there's no need to go reposting all the pictures, just a tip you can always delete the pictures in the quote or call me out by adding @+Dugaldic like so! 

@DugaldIC

I hope that helps :wink:

27 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Dugald, I like your style very much, even if some techniques are like dancing on the tightrope! Although everybody and yourself can´t wait the end result, take your time :wink: ...

Why thank you Brunojj, I'm glad you like it so far! As much as I want it to be done already I will most definitely be taking my time, I'm not trying to cut any corners with this build. I want it to be proper, hopefully it will be able to sit next to your fabulous dtm cars and not look out of place :wink:

1 hour ago, Lox Lego said:

The reason Dugald is at this level is because he has been helping me one up my builds from the very beginning!! All of my cars and future car would not look half as goood as they do without Dugald's mad understanding of shaping, space and design!  

I somehow thought Dugald was mainly focused on the functions and you on the shaping, but I was wrong.

It's great to see you guys stimulate and help each other to bring out the best. Wouldn't make sense to compare the two of you.

Best use of orange panels I've ever seen! They form mainly a single surface from which I cannot point out single panels too easily. Great job!

Edited by drakmin

5 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I somehow thought Dugald was mainly focused on the functions

Yes and no, we help each other out with everything in general. This build however has been all my own and nothing more than keeping him updated with progress (before eurobricks gets to see :tongue:)! 

@TechnicRCRacer amazingly only one so far, a few odd pieces from my bro but a lot.... I mean a lot of bricklink orders haha! 

3 hours ago, drakmin said:

Best use of orange panels I've ever seen! They form mainly a single surface from which I cannot point out single panels too easily. Great job!

Thanks, sooo much! I appreciate the kind words as what you've explained is what I've really tried to pull off with this build and I'm glad it's been recognized! :thumbup:

22 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Who know maybe you'll be having to stock up on more orange haha!

Indeed, it is looking like I will be!  It is actually unfortunate the fenders are not made in white to match a real livery and a sticker package made.

That use of the fender piece in the rear window is just fantastic. I wish I had thought of that in my DB11. :wub:

The bodywork is a bit too crowded for my taste, but only just. In general it looks really smooth. Good luck with the frontside, I am curious what solutions you will come up with there.

5 minutes ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

cool aston!! also can you please just post your own moc videos instead of stealing lachlan's videos?

Hi Lego Technic, all of the videos on Dugald's YouTube were either joint builds or complete. The Ferrari FXX, dugald built the complete framework. The Iron knight  Dugald has built 100% by himself. The Porsche 1973 wide body was mostly built by Dugald complete. I had posted the videos on my site because I was the one editing. I've just recently helped setup Dug with his own YouTube channel, and uploaded all of the past builds.  He isn't stealing at all, he's just posting HIS builds on his own site. 

Edited by Lox Lego

17 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Indeed, it is looking like I will be!  It is actually unfortunate the fenders are not made in white to match a real livery and a sticker package made.

Yeaa I tried to find an orange Aston racecar but there isn't really anything unfortunately! It would be pretty cool to get some stickers made for it, we'll see! I don't know if I'll be doing a photo teardown yet, it'll be awfully tricky! 

17 hours ago, Kalps1811 said:

Wow what an amazing build? Very impressive detail to get all the shape with technic parts I am speechless ????

Thanks!! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

That use of the fender piece in the rear window is just fantastic. I wish I had thought of that in my DB11. :wub:

The bodywork is a bit too crowded for my taste, but only just. In general it looks really smooth. Good luck with the frontside, I am curious what solutions you will come up with there.

Why thank you Jeroen, I know it's not your style but I do like the filled in look! Also starting this build while you were finishing yours, both being Astons and both in orange I wanted to do something totally different and not have people think I was copying!

I'm glad you like the wheel arch in the rear, it fit too well to not use but I have to give a shout out to @crowkillers as he was the one who did it first! I'm also curious how the front is going to turn out its definitely the most ambitious design if tried to make so far. :sceptic: haha 

1 hour ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

cool aston!! also can you please just post your own moc videos instead of stealing lachlan's videos?

Well what @Lox Lego just said is true. We're brothers and I just recently started my own YouTube channel so anything that I had done or seriously helped out with like the FXX he transfered over for me. No stealing at all :wink: just separating our builds from one another's channel  

Edited by DugaldIC

19 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Hi Lego Technic, all of the videos on Dugald's YouTube were either joint builds or complete. The Ferrari FXX, dugald built the complete framework. The Iron knight  Dugald has built 100% by himself. The Porsche 1973 wide body was mostly built by Dugald complete. I had posted the videos on my site because I was the one editing. I've just recently helped setup Dug with his own YouTube channel, and uploaded all of the past builds.  He isn't stealing at all, he's just posting HIS builds on his own site. 

oh ok

18 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Well what @Lox Lego just said is true. We're brothers and I just recently started my own YouTube channel so anything that I had done or seriously helped out with like the FXX he transfered over for me. No stealing at all :wink: just separating our builds from one another's channel  

oh ok :) i wish youtube let you transfer the likes and views and comments too!

Edited by legotechnicisawesome

Working on the front end, I'm staring to get a shape that I like! Things to do still are clean up behind the lights/add lights, and a grill behind the opening and fill in a few odd spots but it's getting there :tongue:

2017-05-01_10-25-22

Wow! Wow! Wow! Keep going your almost there to perfection. Now I just wanna see this next to Jereon Ottens's Db11. Btw like TechnicRCRacer said how many 42066's did you use?

Edited by Kmuffin

8 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Working on the front end, I'm staring to get a shape that I like! Things to do still are clean up behind the lights/add lights, and a grill behind the opening and fill in a few odd spots but it's getting there :tongue:!

Beautiful???? 

Edited by Milan
Image removed. No need to quote image from few posts back..

Damn... that is one of the sexiest technic cars i've seen in a while...

11 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Working on the front end, I'm staring to get a shape that I like! Things to do still are clean up behind the lights/add lights, and a grill behind the opening and fill in a few odd spots but it's getting there :tongue:!

Awesome!

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

Not a fan of those mirrors...

I am agree.  Way too slender.  Should be turned 90 Deg.

4 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

Next level $*#t right there!!! Give this man a pro badge :wink:

Just now, technic_addict said:

IMO, I believe you both deserve them! 

You to both deserve the pro badge!!!

@Kmuffin surprisingly only one, however I did a lot... A lot of bricklink orders and still had to borrow a few pieces (extra wheel arch) from my brother  lox!

@Sylvian thanks! I'm glad you like it so far. 

2 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Next level $*#t right there!!! Give this man a pro badge :wink:

@technic_addict @Aventador2004 as well thank you guys, appreciate it. I'm glad you think I'm at that level, but let me get this build done before you make your final decisions :wink:

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

Not a fan of those mirrors...

@technic_addict I'm not entirely set on them either, I kinda threw them together to test out the door mechanism and then moved on but it is something I plan on correcting! 

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Awesome! The front end is very good! I remember when I was trying to make a supercar and I completely botched the front end:grin:

Haha thanks, front ends are always the hardest! I've messed up myself on early mocs :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, DugaldIC said:

Haha thanks, front ends are always the hardest! I've messed up myself on early mocs :thumbup:

totally agreed.