Wow! That's an impressive crane, amazing that you were able to fit so much in to such a tiny package. The linear clutch is brilliant and using a game controller is also slick. The PF truck was also impressive (even if it was not a train, still inspirational)

I've tried to build similar machines, and it's not easy. You have managed to get all 4 necessary functions into a vary small space, and more to the point it works. I did think you could have made the boom longer; I know it wouldn't extend all the way, but even an extra 5m or so would make it look a little less off-balance. Alternatively, make it like an older, heavier breakdown crane, as they don't have extending booms. It might be too heavy though.
And the invisible controller, stowaway and spy... :laugh:. Excellent wit, as always.

This is the best train crane of this type I've ever seen ...but this is not a surprise from a master like you! :thumbup:

I like the skillful way you've managed all those PF components in such a little and elegant space! :wub:

The hamster is the special guest and I love to see it around on your MOC ...I remember it on a beautiful tank trying to conquer the world!:laugh:

The little yellow van is the icing on the cake!

I hope to see you again in the train forum! :classic:

NOTE

The linear clutch is gorgeous!

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

4 hours ago, BurkusCircus said:

That popping sound you heard?

Yeah, that was my mind being blown.

Could have sworn it was a popcorn ;)

@Sariel That's impressive!!

What would you say was the most challenging aspect of the build, besides the obvious cramming of all those components into a small space?

Probably balancing the rear-heavy superstructure and making it all stay together under stress. There are no beams inside to keep motors and axles in place, it's all bricks. Apply enough stress and it will simply come apart.

Ugly? Not at all! Merely simple and clean. A kid would totally want to play with that! Lego should make one. (As well functioning as yours of course.) Thumbs up.