Sign in to follow this  
kowbrick

Napoleonic Military Minifigs & More

The French naval port, manned by a garrison and the Marine Guard.

14955868303_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by kowbrick

Thanks guys.  The moment I saw the baseplate, I knew it was perfect for a coastal fort.  I especially love the stairs that lead down to the water.  Here's the bricklink part ID for those interested: 44510pb03.

In finale, the Piece de Résistance of the collection: Sharpe's Rifles.

Sharpe's Rifles

Edited by kowbrick

8 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Great! Those custom torsos are printed or stickers???

The custom torsos were digitally printed, as are all torsos I've posted in these MOC pages and this thread.  They were all printed by Minifigco.com.  I worked directly with Garett, and can't say enough good things about him and his product.  Extremely professional, and the printing is very high resolution and durable - couldn't be happier with the final product. 

Note that the pictures on the MOC pages are not very high resolution, so it's hard to tell just how nice the printing quality is.

PS - Some people are not fans of digital printing - I actually think it gives the minifig more depth, and you can choose to make features like buttons and straps stand out.  The tiny bit of added texture can actually add alot to the minifig.  For example on Sharpe, the black horizontal stitchings, buttons, and strap are printed, while the background is that of the torso itself.  So these features are raised bit, as they would be on an actual uniform.

Edited by kowbrick

1 hour ago, kowbrick said:

The custom torsos were digitally printed, as are all torsos I've posted in these MOC pages and this thread.  They were all printed by Minifigco.com.  I worked directly with Garett, and can't say enough good things about him and his product.  Extremely professional, and the printing is very high resolution and durable - couldn't be happier with the final product. 

Note that the pictures on the MOC pages are not very high resolution, so it's hard to tell just how nice the printing quality is.

PS - Some people are not fans of digital printing - I actually think it gives the minifig more depth, and you can choose to make features like buttons and straps stand out.  The tiny bit of added texture can actually add alot to the minifig.  For example on Sharpe, the black horizontal stitchings, buttons, and strap are printed, while the background is that of the torso itself.  So these features are raised bit, as they would be on an actual uniform.

Awesome! I don't quite like stickers to begin with. So the torso is a TLG dark green one without any initial printing? Else, can you give us the BL link please? In any case Minifigco.com did indeed a very nice printing!

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Awesome! I don't quite like stickers to begin with. So the torso is a TLG dark green one without any initial printing? Else, can you give us the BL link please? In any case Minifigco.com did indeed a very nice printing!

I believe they are blank TLG dark green torsos - Garett special-ordered them for me.  Suggest you ask him if you'd like to know for sure.

Thanks for this, I really enjoyed your creations, but your Bluecoat rulled. Loved their detail, and the Blue hats. Keep up the good work, i am looking forward for more.