Sign in to follow this  
kowbrick

Napoleonic Military Minifigs & More

Hello all, new to Eurobricks.  I've always been interested in the Napoleonic Wars, and never felt there was a good Lego representation of the British army uniforms of that time.  So I went ahead and had some designed, based on Woody's templates.  I also bought some headgear from Woody's Shapeways store - the bearskins are especially nice.

1491331904m_SPLASH.jpg

I also made a British fort, complete with garrison and general officers.

1491238993m_SPLASH.jpg

By the way the resolution of the pictures does not do the digital printing justice... it is really high quality.

Edited by kowbrick

These are really well designed! I absolutely love the Napoleonic war as well so seeing these minifigures just brings joy to me. Beautiful troops!

Thanks so much, azog!  I'll be posting a few more in the next week or so... British Naval forces, French troops, and a special surprise for fans of the Napoleonic Wars.

Edited by kowbrick

7 hours ago, kowbrick said:

Thanks so much, azog!  I'll be posting a few more in the next week or so... British Naval forces, French troops, and a special surprise for fans of the Napoleonic Wars.

I would really like to see the French Troops that you design mainly because of my interest in French navel vessels in the 1800's  

Azog, I've actually focused my designs on British army soldiers and navy officers so far.  The only French designs I've done are for a French colonel.

I did quite abit of research before doing the designs.  Information about French army uniforms was plentiful, but it was difficult to find information on French naval uniforms.  The best resource I could find was a book called Napoleon's Sea Soldiers, published by Osprey.  

Would you have any designs you would be willing to share?

Edited by kowbrick

Nice work kowbrick.  Thank you for sharing these. :thumbup: 

I added the images to your posts and added links to your MOC pages in the images. In case you weren't sure how to post images, see hidden content.

Spoiler

To post pictures, 

• Copy the image location at you MOC pages.
  • Paste that URL right into the post.
    • The image should automatically show up.

To add a link to images,

• Edit the post, and double click the image.
  • A window will pop up asking what size you want your image to be and add a URL.
    • I added the MOCpages URLs to these fields.

Thank you captain!  I do believe the British Navy officer minifigs came out best of all of them.  I would be remiss if I didn't mention Hound Knight, whose design for Captain Pellew was used as a template for the rest of the British Navy officer uniforms.

And now I present King George's Royal Navy, circa 1800.

1492268778m_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by kowbrick

Hey Kowbrick, I've been appreciating your work so far. One bit of advice, since you seem to want to achieve realism. The British Naval ensign at the period you're modelling was quartered by the British flag, rather than just being the cross of St. George.

Hi maxwell, yes, I'm aware.  I actually printed the flag adhesives several years back, and didn't bother to change them.  I'm considering getting some pieces custom printed with the historically accurate ensign, but it is currently not a high priority.  Perhaps after my French army has been updated with accurate uniforms...

Napoleonic French Army minifigs.  Special thanks again to Hound Knight for the template on which all of these designs were based.

1493569892m_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by kowbrick

Next up, Nelson gets a new flagship, and the French naval port at Malta prepares for bombardment by the Royal Navy.

1 hour ago, kowbrick said:

Next up, Nelson gets a new flagship, and the French naval port at Malta prepares for bombardment by the Royal Navy.

Supper excited about this!

La Grande Armée de Napoleon.

http://images.moc-pages.com/user_images/130940/1494816501m_DISPLAY.jpg

The siege of the British fort.

Siege of the British Fortress

Edited by kowbrick

Lovely! Ready for a LEGO minifig wargame! I would suggest to break the flat white a bit with some other color but it oozes classic just as it is now! :thumbup:

P.S. Great Napoleonic torsos btw!

Thanks BlackDeath, appreciate it!  It is alot of white... but I do love a clean-looking white brick castle.  :classic:

The torsos were printed by Minifigco.com.  I would highly recommend them - if you send them vectorized files, they have a reasonably fast turnaround, and the quality is truly excellent.  Very high resolution.

Back to the Napoleonic Wars.  It is 1803, and Nelson has been reassigned to the HMS Victory.  Enjoy!

1494802424m_DISPLAY.jpg

PS  Maxwell, the Admiral of the White Ensign is for you.  :thumbup:  

Edited by kowbrick

1 hour ago, kowbrick said:

Thanks BlackDeath, appreciate it!  It is alot of white... but I do love a clean-looking white brick castle.  :classic:

The torsos were printed by Minifigco.com.  I would highly recommend them - if you send them vectorized files, they have a reasonably fast turnaround, and the quality is truly excellent.  Very high resolution.

Back to the Napoleonic Wars.  It is 1803, and Nelson has been reassigned to the HMS Victory.  Enjoy!

1494802424m_DISPLAY.jpg

PS  Maxwell, the Admiral of the White Ensign is for you.  :thumbup:  

I really appreciate this moc! It really looks like the Imperial Flagship (guessing that it was your original intention) Also if I may ask two questions. How did you make your sails on this ship? Also Why didn't you include a spanker sail on the back?

Hi Azog, thank you!  So this is basically a modified Imperial Flagship, with modified masts, colors, and other parts to make it look more like a British ship of the line.  I purchased the sails from BrickLink (they were not cheap!).  Now that you mentioned the spanker sail... perhaps I will add it on.

38 minutes ago, kowbrick said:

Hi Azog, thank you!  So this is basically a modified Imperial Flagship, with modified masts, colors, and other parts to make it look more like a British ship of the line.  I purchased the sails from BrickLink (they were not cheap!).  Now that you mentioned the spanker sail... perhaps I will add it on.

I haven't finished it yet but I am working on a modified version of my Imperial Flagship that I built from scratch. Same as you I bought all the imperial flagship sails on bricklink (back when they were still cheap). But I wanted to make a spanker sail for it. I read this one topic on eurobricks where they talked about making sails that feel just like the lego ones. If it works out and feels like a lego sail I can give you the details so you can make one for yourself.

Pics for the British Siege updated, and captions added to the pictures for both the Siege and La Grande Armée.

Captions added to the pictures for Lord Nelson's Flagship as well.

Edited by kowbrick