Ahzeal

[LDD] Detention Block Rescue

Hi Guys,

Read the Lego news that at Star Wars Celebration there will be an exclusive detention block rescue set. Thought it looked cool and thought it would be interesting to create it in LLD from just the two Photo's that are currently available. So here it is, I've used 210 parts and the official one is 220. I'm not sure about the top right hand side. It looks like the pictures but wonder if it finished off slightly differently. 

LLD can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4G1ihiFCV8aNC1tbjJJWHdnbHc/view?usp=sharing

detblock.png

I'm impressed that you managed to reverse engineer of basically no references! I really want this set, but like most I won't be able to get it :(

Looks great! Great work for something that came just recently. I actually like the look of the set but the price.... that's a discussion for another place. Anyhow excellent work looks spot on! :thumbup:

I just got out of work and saw this. First thing I thought of was to make it in LDD and hit Bricklink. You beat me to it!! Nice job!!

Thanks, Jamie

I was actually just thinking about trying to do this, but you've got it pretty spot on!

Also, the 220 parts likely includes the 8 parts used for Han and Luke, plus the extra 2 stormtrooper helmets. So part count wise, you are probably exactly on target!

GOOD JOB AHZEAL!!!  I'm glad to see somebody took the initiative and turned this lil guy out so fast!

Unlike Comic-Con exclusives, I can see LEGO went all out on this one...NOT!

3 hours ago, JonnyHanukkah said:

Silly question-How do I convert this so that I can import into bricklink and order the parts?

No need to convert anything. If you create a wanted list in Bricklink and then in the wanted list at the top you will see a button called "upload" click that and then attach the LLD file I've linked in my original post. 

Thanks for the comments guys. What is kind of funny is the two pictures I've seen both differ slightly, the stripy bit at the back is different on both, the box picture doesn't seem to have the tube bit in the left corner or it's there but maybe the other way round? The box also seems to have a Dark tile on the top right.

Does Lego normally release the instructions eventually for these exclusive sets?

Nice job, probably cheaper to build then to travel to the celebration and apply for a CHANCE that you might be able to purchase it for 40 bucks...

Edited by brobert

32 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Thank for the build! But when I follow your link, there is just a png and no ldd file, is that correct?

Oops sorry my bad, I've updated the link now and you should get the LLD

Who's gonna build it for real first?  Fantastic work by the OP.  Impressive, most impressive...blah...blah !   :wink:

Is there anyway of converting LDD files to pdf or other file type that doesn't need LDD to open. I use a Chromebook and iOS so can't ever open these files. The one Windows laptop I have I am unable to install programs on. Any advice would be great. 

2 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Is there anyway of converting LDD files to pdf or other file type that doesn't need LDD to open. I use a Chromebook and iOS so can't ever open these files. The one Windows laptop I have I am unable to install programs on. Any advice would be great. 

I created the HTML instructions from the LDD and then printed them as a PDF, see how this is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4G1ihiFCV8aV2ZtN0R1ME1sMmM

1 hour ago, Ahzeal said:

I created the HTML instructions from the LDD and then printed them as a PDF, see how this is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4G1ihiFCV8aV2ZtN0R1ME1sMmM

Brilliant- thank you! I can see me making it but modding it so much as I go along that it'll bear little resemblance to the original build. 

Is the LDD to HTML conversion a simple thing to do? (Sorry, I know this isn't the place for this sort of question). 

14 minutes ago, Jedi Master said:

Hmmm wonder what minifugures it would include. Just leia and Luke?

http://brickset.com/article/27427/star-wars-celebration-exclusive-set-revealed!

It comes with Luke and Han in storm-trooper outfits. 

28 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Brilliant- thank you! I can see me making it but modding it so much as I go along that it'll bear little resemblance to the original build. 

Is the LDD to HTML conversion a simple thing to do? (Sorry, I know this isn't the place for this sort of question). 

In the LDD program, you can create build instructions by clicking on one button in the top right and then once the instructions are created there is one button in the top left to create HTML version. So its quite simple. Unfortunately though sometimes the order it put things together and images shown aren't so helpful.

1 hour ago, Ahzeal said:

In the LDD program, you can create build instructions by clicking on one button in the top right and then once the instructions are created there is one button in the top left to create HTML version. So its quite simple. Unfortunately though sometimes the order it put things together and images shown aren't so helpful.

Yeah. I built a small vehicle with it and replaced one of it's steps with a picture from a different angle to better show what was being done. It is nice to be able to create instructions at the touch of a button.

2 hours ago, Ahzeal said:

http://brickset.com/article/27427/star-wars-celebration-exclusive-set-revealed!

It comes with Luke and Han in storm-trooper outfits. 

Cheers, sounds pretty easy. Main issue is I don't have anything that I can run LDD on! I'm chrome and iOS only. 

Still checking back on this thread regularly today - wonder how long before someone has this built. I haven't got time today but I'm fairly certain I've got everything I need 'in stock' already. 

The round Grey buttons on the control pattern should be the half round/half square piece 

Waiting for my brick Link order to come in and I will post pics 

IMG_6467.PNG

Crossing my fingers but not expecting much to get into lottery and be able to purchase this at Celebration if not oh well no  biggie!!!!