Hello everyone!

Today i present you my latest and most complex MOC: the AC Cobra 427.

The challenge was to create a medium sized car with a complex body structure and add as many technic features as possible making it look good, functional, playable and robust.

After going through lots of difficulties i have finally managed to get it done.

Here is the result:

33833582055_82bf694f9f_c.jpg

33020055383_7b251ae39a_c.jpg

33020054483_b5cd659921_c.jpg

32990238464_5bb3196f2f_c.jpg

33448921310_6fb6027ba8_c.jpg

33704428761_2e0d9e3460_c.jpg

33833625885_60516c6762_c.jpg

33677681852_4ca95111bc_c.jpg

It features the following:

1. working steering via steering wheel + adjustable steering wheel angle

2. front and rear independant suspension

3. rear differential

4. working V8 piston engine

5. a lever that opens the hood

6. opanble doors

7. openable trunk

8. solid structure

-Images removed-

More photos on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27805688@N05/

P.S sorry for my bad photographing and editing skills.

Edited by shimon
Removed big images. Please reupload them in allowed size.

Nice little model :thumbup:

(now imagine one with proper V8 (LPE)) :devil:

This is really cool model! Very nicely done and it resembles the real deal in every aspect!

Nice car!!, could you try a blue one. It would much better suit the car for me, but it you prefer black keep it that way

The amount of detail is mind boggling , even the gas tank lid. Nicely done!

Aren't those silver rims rare? I saw them only once, on the Power Puller.

We have a little trend going on of smaller, more compact buildsize, and I really enjoy it. This submission is a great little addition to that trend.

Excellent work, the number of functions is astonishing.  I like the solution for attaching the rear suspension with the differential - very clever.  Do the 8 tooth gears separate at any point? 

This is incredible. I know very little about technic, but I'd love to have this on my shelf. Black looks great. I distinctly remember blue and white when I was a kid, so any shape or color, this is a great looking car/MOC.

You captured so many little details that I wouldn't think would be possible based on the medium used. Well done.

Superb model. Well done. It looks great and the functions work very well. I'd love to see some pictures of the inside. :wub: :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

Im making an LDD file and will share it soon.

20 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Nice car!!, could you try a blue one. It would much better suit the car for me, but it you prefer black keep it that way

Thanks!

At first i wanted to make it in dark blue/blue with white stripes but the windscreen mudguards are only available in black, yellow, white and dark green.

19 hours ago, DrJB said:

The amount of detail is mind boggling , even the gas tank lid. Nicely done!

Aren't those silver rims rare? I saw them only once, on the Power Puller.

Thanks!

Yes, they are pretty rare but the black windscreen mudguard are more expensive (used are 10$ a piece and new 20$)

19 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

We have a little trend going on of smaller, more compact buildsize, and I really enjoy it. This submission is a great little addition to that trend.

Thanks!

I love this building style because first of all it tests the limit of compactness + look + solidness + functionality and the process to think of those solutions is very addictive!

18 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Excellent work, the number of functions is astonishing.  I like the solution for attaching the rear suspension with the differential - very clever.  Do the 8 tooth gears separate at any point? 

Thanks!

And no, they are linked together with a 2L beam

14 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

This is incredible. I know very little about technic, but I'd love to have this on my shelf. Black looks great. I distinctly remember blue and white when I was a kid, so any shape or color, this is a great looking car/MOC.

You captured so many little details that I wouldn't think would be possible based on the medium used. Well done.

Thanks!

LDD file will be ready soon!

Edited by shimon

It is a great model. Good for Lego ideas i think. But you have to make new video (not vertical) and nice foto sesion. 

@shimon thanks for replying. I did not realize that was not in blue. Also was it not possible to connect both sides of the suspension to make a realistic lead spring, as I know there are limits of what lego can do.

Keep building

Aventador

23 hours ago, Samolot said:

It is a great model. Good for Lego ideas i think. But you have to make new video (not vertical) and nice foto sesion. 

Thanks.

Im working on my editings skills and will release a new video soon with building instructions too.

20 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

@shimon thanks for replying. I did not realize that was not in blue. Also was it not possible to connect both sides of the suspension to make a realistic lead spring, as I know there are limits of what lego can do.

Keep building

Aventador

I have tried to fit a shock absorber to the front suspension but there is absolutely no space!

And about the rear suspension, the real thing uses double wishbone but at this scale its impossible with the current lego parts (need small CV joints)

2 hours ago, shimon said:

I have tried to fit a shock absorber to the front suspension but there is absolutely no space!

And about the rear suspension, the real thing uses double wishbone but at this scale its impossible with the current lego parts (need small CV joints)

I meant for the rear suspension, but I forgot to add that to my last post.

Th rubber band idea I was going to use but never did.