Cjd223

[MOC] [Instructions] Dmarkng's Hammerhead Corvette

From the designer of fantastic UCS-scaled MOCs comes a Hammerhead Corvette.  The MOC contains 3,606 pieces in total, and measures 35 inches long, 13 inches wide, and 14 inches tall.

Take down Imperial Star Destroyers with a UCS-scaled Hammerhead Corvette from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.  Despite the fact that the scale of this model is unknown, the model itself does not disappoint in terms of both accuracy and detail.

There is an instructions bundle available for this MOC which includes a 480 page pdf instruction manual, a parts list, and LDD files.  All we ask is an exchange of 35 U.S Dollars ($35) for the entire bundle.  For more details about purchasing the bundle, please either PM me or contact me at chrdvorak@hotmail.com via email.

As for sticker, The manual includes a plate to where the sticker will go, but until more information is learned about the Hammerhead, a sticker will not officially be released.

Here are some images from the manual that show the design and completed model: https://flic.kr/s/aHskUfjEMD

33699883331_ec1090dbff_k_d.jpg

33700073781_de0fa6343d_k_d.jpg

33700062071_03a83b847a_h_d.jpg

33673214402_0092b4a369_k_d.jpg

33015884423_f30e32f05f_k_d.jpg

Parts list: http://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-7593/cjd_223/dmarkngs-hammerhead-corvette/ 

Please use this topic to discuss anything about the MOC including the building process, questions, part substitutions, etc.

Edited by Cjd223
link

Fantastic, I wish I knew how to create clear manuals like you; it would certainly make my life much easier when building my mocs.

Looks good........do you know if there are any hard to find/expensive pieces for this model?

There sure are a lot of cylinders!!

Edited by Hunter003
spelling

7 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

Looks good........do you know if there are any hard to find/expensive pieces for this model?

There sure are a lot of cylinders!!

Thanks =)
Hopefully the parts list will be approved soon, taking longer than usual.

But no, there arent any rare pieces. I do keep cost in consideration when I build, so I stay away from rare pieces where I can, or use alts if possible.

It cost in the 300-400 range for all parts. I've also colour coded parts that can be substituted.

Has anyone built this yet?

Although I love the model there a few areas of sagging present in the flickr pictures, especially around the engine area. just wondering if these are a concern?

Hmm I'm not sure about Christian's pics, I didn't notice it there. But my build is fine.

have to ask him if he encountered any issues.

7 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

Has anyone built this yet?

Although I love the model there a few areas of sagging present in the flickr pictures, especially around the engine area. just wondering if these are a concern?

The only sagging apparent on my model would be the black bars running along the side of the body.  As for the engines, there is no sagging there they are in place just fine.

Hi,

Can anybody help out? I purchased all of the parts from Bricklink and have a question. The part lists has 6 black axle 10 and 1 black axle 12. The instructions have 7 axle 10's. Which is correct? Does it matter?

Thanks.

Edited by rockpig

It should not matter.  For safety you could use the 12 axle as it will provide additional support in the engines but it is not a necessity.

Thanks for your quick reply. Per the parts list, I only have 1 axle 12. What page of the instructions would you recommend that piece be used?

Thanks.

Has anyone found these instructions not to be sequential; sometimes you have to go back a few steps and take pieces off again so you can build the current step. Or am I doing something wrong?

22 hours ago, BongoShaftsbury said:

Has anyone found these instructions not to be sequential; sometimes you have to go back a few steps and take pieces off again so you can build the current step. Or am I doing something wrong?

There's definitely a few mistakes in this manual. I may revisit the project in the future to clean it, but not certain yet.