CopMike

Event 2017 Günzburg building challenge!

9 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I have to build, been looking at how they work. I am much better and quite prefer jumping in and building than design and part...

Well since we moved from our apartment to a new house last summer all my parts has been in storage. So I need to order parts for everything I build, that's why I need to use LDD first. Red 2x4 bricks - order on BL.

39 minutes ago, MiloNelsiano said:

My son had to temporarily give up his Brickheadz Batman, so mine is at least solid on in inside. Just waiting for the hands in the right color and the eyes to come in per Bricklink and mines finished. This challenge was way out of my comfort zone, but I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out. 

Comfort zones are places you visit to charge your batteries- this is going to the Olympics :grin:!

Prepare a small info card about your character so we can learn more about it during the event!

43 minutes ago, Cecilie said:

I don't even know who to build yet :sceptic:

Nor do I, and I'm going away for a few days just before the event. Not sure I'm gonna have time. :sad:

45 minutes ago, Cecilie said:

I have same problem. Most famous Slovenian is Melania Trump, but I dont know if I want to build THAT.

Maybe Peter Prevc would be better choice. :)

Cecilie: to help you choose:

http://www.thefamouspeople.com/norway.php

I know many sports-people, but must famous Norwegian (at least for me) is stil Roald Amundsen.

4 hours ago, Cecilie said:

Björn Dählie :grin:?

3 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

I have same problem. Most famous Slovenian is Melania Trump, but I dont know if I want to build THAT.

Maybe Peter Prevc would be better choice. :)

Cecilie: to help you choose:

http://www.thefamouspeople.com/norway.php

I know many sports-people, but must famous Norwegian (at least for me) is stil Roald Amundsen.

Haha, if I was Slovenian I think I'd deny any knowledge about Melania Trump being Slovenian :laugh: 

Peter Prevc is at least well known in ski jumper nations :wink:

Thanks for the link, although I have already been to that site actually. I guess I'm not really all that into building real life people, I'm more interested in fictional characters, but Norway doesn't have a lot of interesting ones of those. At least that I can think of.

Just now, CopMike said:

Björn Dählie :grin:?

Or any of the other past or present famous skiiers we have. Petter Northug, Vegard Ulvang, Marit Bjørgen... etc, etc, etc, etc... same same same... And the rest of the world couldn't care less :tongue:

29 minutes ago, Cecilie said:

And the rest of the world couldn't care less :tongue:

How did you know? *huh*:tongue:

18 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

How did you know? *huh*:tongue:

Not very hard to figure out :tongue:

5 hours ago, Calanon said:

Nor do I, and I'm going away for a few days just before the event. Not sure I'm gonna have time. :sad:

Harry Potter? you have alot of the actors I wanted to do.... instead I am trying to dodge every popculture already built brickheadz character mocs.

Think I need to do a new one..... we'll see, apparently someone already built the same person I picked....most of the DC and Marvel and disney universe is done already.....

7 hours ago, Cecilie said:

How about a norwegian troll. Or are they fictional or not... I guess that is debatable. :laugh:

I built one. Stuck a dice in there to make the head. My brother figured who it was, so it wasn't too bad a likeness. :laugh:

4 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Finished! :devil:

Already?! I prefer doing things the lat minute, because ... then it only takes you a minute!

If I say "Famous Bulgarian person", then who is first on your mind?

My entry is finished, but we are still working on my +1.

16 minutes ago, Lasse D said:

If I say "Famous Bulgarian person", then who is first on your mind?

My entry is finished, but we are still working on my +1.

Hristo Stoichkov.

Uh oh. Haven't been able to start. Pretty sure I'm going to be a no show on this. 

Bricklink order finally came yesterday, so mine is finished as well. I was lucky enough to be able to do someone that's already been represented in minifig form, so hopefully everyone will know who it is already. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's. 

I made one fictional and one non-fiction character... now to decide on which one.

3 hours ago, bricktect said:

I made one fictional and one non-fiction character... now to decide on which one.

Give the other one to elleana, but don't tell us ... :grin:

This is your double chance to win! :wink:

2 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Give the other one to elleana, but don't tell us ... :grin:

This is your double chance to win! :wink:

My favorite brickhead MOC is a character from Japan. Close enough for elleana.

When are we going to present these at the event? Some stuff just came up and I won't be able to be at as much of the event as I'd like to (I'll most likely not be there on Friday).

On 20/4/2017 at 11:14 AM, elleana said:

Hristo Stoichkov.

Uh oh. Haven't been able to start. Pretty sure I'm going to be a no show on this. 

How I wish we had gone for him. Then I wouldn't have to redo the hair again and again...

5 hours ago, MiloNelsiano said:

When are we going to present these at the event? Some stuff just came up and I won't be able to be at as much of the event as I'd like to (I'll most likely not be there on Friday).

I think we'll do this either Thursday or Saturday then. When most eventees are 'on scene'.

Our entries are finally finished!

What would you like written on the info cards?

Name, eventee, and zodiac?