ACPin

Spanish Colonial Outpost

Still a work in progress...
AC
33419933780_0bbdaab143_c.jpg

UPDATE

34280897076_b1fcfa6059_c.jpg

Quickly realized that there's not enough supply of tan bricks to build the rest of the fortifications. Switched colors to light bluish gray which should be enough to make the small diorama appropriate for it on a regular 32x32 baseplate.
33825606895_fd0dd8e753_c.jpg

I like it better in gray any way. Could we get a view from the opposite side?

I've experimented with building the same, and I really like your approach! How are the upside-down bricks attached to the rest of the build? And I'd love to see a pic showing the underside of the sentry post.

10 hours ago, kurigan said:

I like it better in gray any way. Could we get a view from the opposite side?

Here you go for the base structure and expect it to be modified...
33683359622_288662b9d8_c.jpg

9 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I've experimented with building the same, and I really like your approach! How are the upside-down bricks attached to the rest of the build? And I'd love to see a pic showing the underside of the sentry post.

Unfortunately, I don't make a habit of giving away the builds/pieces as there's no incentive to be creative. People do figure it out eventually how it's done based from the pics as some pieces are kinda obvious.

AC

Nice job on this bartizan. It's definitely a distinctive feature of early-modern Spanish and Portuguese forts and a treat to see in such a Lego model, but your rendition of it would be more accurate if you enclosed it more. Generally they have just a few small windows. I think the crenellations could also be more accurate if desired. Did you refer to any photographs when designing them?

On 4/28/2017 at 0:51 AM, oo7 said:

Nice job on this bartizan. It's definitely a distinctive feature of early-modern Spanish and Portuguese forts and a treat to see in such a Lego model, but your rendition of it would be more accurate if you enclosed it more. Generally they have just a few small windows. I think the crenellations could also be more accurate if desired. Did you refer to any photographs when designing them?

Not going for accuracy but for effect so it was left open. Will post the completed MOC tomorrow.

AC

Amazing job you did here! It is very inspirational :)

On 5/3/2017 at 4:16 AM, Maxim I said:

Amazing job you did here! It is very inspirational :)

Thanks and hopefully it will get bigger once I'm able to procure the necessary pieces/bricks.

AC

Nice fort and conquistadors. Did you try angled wall with hinges?? Maybe you could spare some of slopes? I hope you build whole fort!

5 hours ago, chofus said:

Nice fort and conquistadors. Did you try angled wall with hinges?? Maybe you could spare some of slopes? I hope you build whole fort!

Nah, tried various ways but the slopes are the best solution for this. It will take awhile to build a whole fort.

AC

Looks great! I like the mixed grays and that a rather menacing army there too. 

On 5/5/2017 at 7:55 PM, kurigan said:

Looks great! I like the mixed grays and that a rather menacing army there too. 

The mixed colors give it an added texture on an otherwise bland wall and that's about half of the army of conquistadors that I've got. Definitely will keep this aside until it can be built bigger and might bring it out for some future events.

AC

Looks pretty realistic and playable aswell.

Like that one really much. It's a shame that the Spanish Armada end up as only faction without any kind of a real base, as they just had a single soldier on a one man mini building.

The red coats had the Imperial Trading Post and the Blue Coats had Eldorado Fortress. The Islanders had a big base as had the pirates twice as the only faction to achieve that feat in Lego Pirates todate.

And the Armada? As the only set a sad little man on a 1yard island. What a shame!

Would like to see more of that builds like yours. Great job ;-)